DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Re: DE list of issues

Post by princeofkabul »

Hawk_Girl wrote:Idk if this was been said, but the elo system is very bad and doesnt seem to work correctly. Imo having a good ladder (which is our only ranking system) is important not only for tournaments but also to make it more fun to grind the ladders.

Also, they should make hosted teamgamed ranked.

Not before you can see rank in lobbies...
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

whats the point of showing rank if the rank shown is incorrect anyway
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Hawk_Girl wrote:whats the point of showing rank if the rank shown is incorrect anyway
can you elaborate?

currently if I join a hosted lobby, I've no idea of the players skills level (elo), win % and any of that stuff that can indicate how good they are.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Germany Hacke
Crossbow
ESO: 52798

Post by Hacke »

After the update all recorded games go out of sync. Is there a solution to this?
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

princeofkabul wrote:
Hawk_Girl wrote:whats the point of showing rank if the rank shown is incorrect anyway
can you elaborate?

currently if I join a hosted lobby, I've no idea of the players skills level (elo), win % and any of that stuff that can indicate how good they are.

They are not mutually exclusive. You can have them fix so you can see rank in lobbies and also fix the elo system. Right now I dont now exactly how elo works, but it's clear it's not working properly.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hacke wrote:After the update all recorded games go out of sync. Is there a solution to this?
No, this will happen after essentially every update. Can only view recs on the same game version they were originally played on.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Kinda amazing they fixed so many issues that weren't even reported in this post haha. The amount of bugs is insane.
Glad they fixed the overpop when housed problem though, and other stuff like invites and so on. Maybe there's some hope for this game
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Hacke wrote:After the update all recorded games go out of sync. Is there a solution to this?
No, this will happen after essentially every update. Can only view recs on the same game version they were originally played on.
they need to develop something like an EP launcher to be able to see.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Hacke :O
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/was-d ... ges/105249

Come give my post a bit of love. copied and pasted here from AoE3DE discussion:
I load into a online 1v1 multiplayer game post yesterdays patch. It seems like the balance team decided to remove 100w starting crate from dutch. Before patch the starting crates were 500c 200w, now its 500c and 100w. For reference the final EP9.3 test patch had dutch start with 400c 100f and 100w but was voted to be too weak for dutch considereing every other civs (bar germany) have their best start due to fixed crates.

All im asking is that was this intentional or just a mistake? If it is intentional can this be added to the change log with a reasoning of why this change was implemented. Feels a little early for rash changes like this.

Apart from this the first Hotfix patch had a lot of great changes so keep this up!

Many thanks
I_HaRRiiSoN_I
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Some bugs I observed while playing as India-

2 changes from Release day Change log not implemented-
1) Mansabdar Urumi not unlocked to be trained from Charminar gate, by sending Urumi regiment age 4 card.

2) Bug fix to give the regeneration ability to Urumi from Gurkha, not done.

Other bugs-
3) Monastery upgrade - Crushing force, doesn't increase the monk stomp chance. Remains same at 10%.

4) Age 4 card- Infinite 11 Chakram, has no pop limit for it. Previously when it was Infinite 23 Chakram there was a specific population limit depending on how many of the Honecity chakram are surviving.
Infinite 6 war Elephant shipment works fine in this regard. There can be only 12 Homecity war elephants at any given time. And the card can't be sent till number goes down to 6.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

fix the ladder.
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Btw when are we going to post the information collected in this thread..

Should we do it now, so they can focus on more important issues earlier. Or wait till they post again next week about what they are working on?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I'll post it whenever I have time in the next days. This week I've already crossed out the changes they fixed / are aware of, I've added some screenshots / clips to the list, added part of what people reported in this thread. I still need to add the latest reported issues in this thread, possibly add more screens / clips, and format the list.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@Kaiserklein you're doing gods work
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Hawk_Girl wrote:Idk if this was been said, but the elo system is very bad and doesnt seem to work correctly. Imo having a good ladder (which is our only ranking system) is important not only for tournaments but also to make it more fun to grind the ladders.

Its a bit early to say if the elo system is good or not, it’s gonna take the majority of people playing a decent amount of games for us to see that. Also I’d be hugely opposed to hosted team games being made ranked.
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

gibson wrote:

Its a bit early to say if the elo system is good or not, it’s gonna take the majority of people playing a decent amount of games for us to see that. Also I’d be hugely opposed to hosted team games being made ranked.
One guy (corne) played his first 1v1 and was vs a noob and once he won that he had top 5 elo. Idk how its too early to tell it's bad. Also in team, the elo you and your mate gets or lose isnt the same, which is bad. Also, the elo gained or lost is only dependant on your opponents elo, not your teammates elo, which is also shit.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

It still says 'colony' when a player ages up :P

Player 1's colony has reached the COMMERCE AGE.

I guess they failed in removing all mentions of the word 'colony' in the entire game :hmm:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Hawk_Girl wrote:
gibson wrote:

One guy (corne) played his first 1v1 and was vs a noob and once he won that he had top 5 elo. Idk how its too early to tell it's bad. Also in team, the elo you and your mate gets or lose isnt the same, which is bad. Also, the elo gained or lost is only dependant on your opponents elo, not your teammates elo, which is also shit.
They already said that if you play a lot of team and are high ranked it uses that when you start playing 1v1 as if you’re the 3rd best team player you’re obviously better than 1k elo in 1v1. Whether this is good or not is certainly up for debate, but it’s not really relevant because as people play games it will work itself out. Elo gained or lost not depending on your teammates elo is great. It incentivizes people to play with their own level if they want to grind. You’re 2k and want to play with your 1k mate? That’s fine. This is not a competitive game so either play unrated or gain no elo from it when you single handedly bash 2 1500 players.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

gibson wrote:It incentivizes people to play with their own level if they want to grind.
It doesn't incentivizes everything, it forces you to queue with team mates. As a result, the competitive aoe2 team players don't play rated because it's too complicated to find a game.
Considering aoe3 is even less active than aoe2, the only thing it incentivizes is to play unrated instead of rated .

Meanwhile, if MS went for a smart system, it would be possible to QS alone but well...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
gibson wrote:It incentivizes people to play with their own level if they want to grind.
It doesn't incentivizes everything, it forces you to queue with team mates. As a result, the competitive aoe2 team players don't play rated because it's too complicated to find a game.
Considering aoe3 is even less active than aoe2, the only thing it incentivizes is to play unrated instead of rated .

Meanwhile, if MS went for a smart system, it would be possible to QS alone but well...
You literally just agreed with me......If you want to actually gain rank and grind to the highest you can get, you should be queing with a good team mate and not solo queing/playing with a noob. This is the way games work. Now if the game is not populated enough to quickly get a game in qs, bringing ranked team into lobby play might be a good idea, but thats a completely separate issue.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

aaryngend wrote:It still says 'colony' when a player ages up :P

Player 1's colony has reached the COMMERCE AGE.

I guess they failed in removing all mentions of the word 'colony' in the entire game :hmm:
This game glorifies colonialism, promotes racism, and underlines the importance of racial awareness in today's society.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

@gibson "Elo gained or lost not depending on your teammates elo is great" > Yes maybe in your opinion, but it's just not logical, whatever the level of your team mate, he is your team mate, the match up is [player + player] VS [player + player] and it's how it need to be calcutlate, so in what it is logic (or better?) to calculate it like : [player] vs [(player + player)/2] and [player] vs [(player + player)/2] ? like you and your teammate separatly play a 1v2 lol
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

The logic is for a a ranking system to have integrity a high level player shouldn't gain a lot of elo for beating a low level player. They don't want games with a 2k+1k player vs 2 1500 players to happen, because these games are not competitive. This incentives someone who is trying to gain elo but wants to play with their low level friend to take that kind of game to the place it belongs, casual.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

gibson wrote:The logic is for a a ranking system to have integrity a high level player shouldn't gain a lot of elo for beating a low level player. They don't want games with a 2k+1k player vs 2 1500 players to happen, because these games are not competitive. This incentives someone who is trying to gain elo but wants to play with their low level friend to take that kind of game to the place it belongs, casual.
even if someone did this, it mean he work for the team, and I say to you, it will not avoid bashing or anything, it just avoid every logic

and you only talk about being competitiv, or high level player, but you forget that in you ranking system, if you look the other side, a low player who did nothing gonna gain a lot of elo, and is going to be "over-ranked" too, so I don't see in what it's a good thing,
the elo for eso was more logicial, because yes, if you got a high elo playing with a low elo, against 2 mid-elo, you gain some point but not much, both of the team mate, wich is logical, no one of them got to earn more elo than they deserve,