DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Re: DE list of issues

Post by Black_Duck »

aaryngend wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:There’s an option on DE (afaik it’s not on TAD) that clamps the mouse to the game window. Have you tried using that? Not sure if it’s only for windowed mode or if it works for full screen as well.
It's only for windowed mode.
Its not only for windowed mode, I have to use it for full screen and it works when I turn it on.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Black_Duck wrote:
aaryngend wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:There’s an option on DE (afaik it’s not on TAD) that clamps the mouse to the game window. Have you tried using that? Not sure if it’s only for windowed mode or if it works for full screen as well.
It's only for windowed mode.
Its not only for windowed mode, I have to use it for full screen and it works when I turn it on.
Are you sure? I am on fullscreen mode, don't use the option and I never click outside of the game (meaning it automatically clamps to the window).
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon

Post by Black_Duck »

aaryngend wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Are you sure? I am on fullscreen mode, don't use the option and I never click outside of the game (meaning it automatically clamps to the window).
Positive.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Black_Duck wrote:
aaryngend wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Positive.
Wait.. do you have a 2nd monitor attached? I don't so maybe that might be why it works for me.
Just trying to get to the root cause of the issue here :hmm:
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon

Post by Black_Duck »

aaryngend wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Positive.
Wait.. do you have a 2nd monitor attached? I don't so maybe that might be why it works for me.
Just trying to get to the root cause of the issue here :hmm:
Yeh of course
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@Kaiserklein

Here are a couple of videos demonstrating my main issues:

1) Click icons/shipments doesn't work:

2) Find Unit in rapid succession doesn't work:

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Minimap "layering" does not prioritize enemy units -- result is enemy troops are hidden behind wonder, TC, fort, etc. icons on minimap:
Screenshot (180).png
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

LOL this "feature" cost me 2 games today because I simply wasnt able to see enemy troops between my kancha houses. The minimap sucks so much holy moly.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

About the keys not registering, maybe some of you guys followed those RTS guides and put the keyboard repeat delay and repeat rate to very fast? Or activated Filter keys in Windows 10?

We need to always make sure that the problem doesn't lie on our end.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I mean I don't have the issue in Legacy with the same set up which eliminates a large amount of possible me-issue, and the problem goes away in control groups which eliminates a large amount of possible me-issue, and persists with hotkeys bound both to my keyboard and my mouse which eliminates a large amount of possible me-issue, and I've talked with others that have experienced this same problem which eliminates a large amount of possible me-issue.

But anyways I followed the video and it doesn't fix it.
Colombia King_Felipe
Crossbow
ESO: King_Pipe

Post by King_Felipe »

There's something and I don't know if someone else is experimenting this in South America.
When I played in legacy, I could play smoothly when my conection to internet was stable. But now I always have some lag, even when my internet is better than before. I don't know if it is related to the location of the servers (maybe all of them are too far, the closers are in East US and in the south of Brazil ), if it's just a thing of optimization, or both.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Happened when browsing the lobby
Attachments
Screenshot (483).png
:nwc:
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

gg
:nwc:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

would like to cop that hat
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Units being stuck on mines/buildings/water anyone?
Image Image Image
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

I always considered ALT - D to be like a real life adrenaline boost.. Imagine if you're chased by a bear and he almost kills u, but then in the last second ur adrenaline and survival instinct kicks in and u get up and keep running.. I always thought ALT-D Was like that.. Now it doesn't work. Glitch? lol
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

deleted_user wrote:I mean I don't have the issue in Legacy with the same set up which eliminates a large amount of possible me-issue, and the problem goes away in control groups which eliminates a large amount of possible me-issue, and persists with hotkeys bound both to my keyboard and my mouse which eliminates a large amount of possible me-issue, and I've talked with others that have experienced this same problem which eliminates a large amount of possible me-issue.

But anyways I followed the video and it doesn't fix it.
I had the same issue in the "balance" beta flight but it was fixed for me in the last beta flight. The other hotkey (find or ability) doesn't do the intended function, instead it just focuses on the selected unit.

Also notice how "find" hotkeys are a different category than "control group" hotkeys, and mostly people use the "select control group".

Anyways you gotto report that this problem still exists.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Colombia King_Felipe
Crossbow
ESO: King_Pipe

Post by King_Felipe »

Garja wrote:Units being stuck on mines/buildings/water anyone?
Yeah I had that problem yesterday a couple of times. Made me lose the 2 falcs first time and like 4 hussars in other one
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

You can't play it without Steam
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Hokkaido shouldn't be in the standard map set, unless the cliff in the middle got resized to be like 60%
Image Image Image
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

Garja wrote:Hokkaido shouldn't be in the standard map set, unless the cliff in the middle got resized to be like 60%
G literally moving mountains now.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Is that your map?
Image Image Image
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

Garja wrote:Is that your map?
No. I have none on DE :P I was just making a funny.

That's Durokan's Mt. Fuji now called Hokkaido.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Ok. Anyway the cliff plays too much of a role. If one player walls from cliff to bottom it's impossible to do any action on the other side of the map as well. On pond maps (and it's still meh) at least you can sail from side to side, here it's totally impassable.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's a fun map