DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: DE list of issues

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Cocaine wrote:I always considered ALT - D to be like a real life adrenaline boost.. Imagine if you're chased by a bear and he almost kills u, but then in the last second ur adrenaline and survival instinct kicks in and u get up and keep running.. I always thought ALT-D Was like that.. Now it doesn't work. Glitch? lol
Ye, this made a lot of sense. That's also how I understood this mechanic :flowers:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

deleted_user wrote:10 days after launch my #1 issue remains being unable to use the find unit hotkey (double tap) in rapid succession.
Isn't this just about setting up the snap threshold?
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
deleted_user wrote:10 days after launch my #1 issue remains being unable to use the find unit hotkey (double tap) in rapid succession.
No, I described it poorly.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
When you switch what you're trying to find the game registers that you are trying to find the same old thing and keeps centering the camera in the last thing you tried to find. Check Callen's video and the try it yourself later. It's pretty annoying in game

United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I have snap immediately enabled because of that. In an RTS game you need things to be responsive, it's too jarring trying to go quickly from TC to explorer and having it not register.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

yeah but i want snapping to only work when i use the "snap to unit" key and not work all the other times (for example when i accidentally hit the button twice or just want to queue production while looking at something else like a fight or raid)
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Anyone got that clip of caroleans completely bugging out for seconds? Or was that fixed already anyway?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

https://www.twitch.tv/giveuanxiety/clip ... igerDatBoi

This was day 1 of launch for me. This is why I stopped playing the swedes. Flontier has a similar clip too.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Kaiserklein wrote:Anyone got that clip of caroleans completely bugging out for seconds? Or was that fixed already anyway?
viewtopic.php?f=982&t=21673

yea like gua i also stop playing swe cause of this.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Out of all the mentioned issues, I only have the TP one... sometimes it's really damn hard to task your explorer into building the TP.

We just got another hotfix, let's see what that fixes.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Alright guys, I was busy, but I finally dropped the bomb. https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/commu ... ues/105877
Please give a like if you can, we need as much attention as we can get. Thanks to everyone who reported issues in this thread or linked screens / vids, it helped a lot.

Will see later for balance and map issues, and whatever other bugs show up
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

I actually had the petard bug fairly often on ep too
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Nice job. Just gone through the final list and noticed a couple things:
The panel showing the list of selected / garrisoned units should be open by default, or there should be a setting to have it open by default.
This was already changed in the latest big patch, at least on legacy UI.
An idle grove rickshaw shouldn’t show as an idle villager.
What, why not? That's how all wagon units work.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

EAGLEMUT wrote:This was already changed in the latest big patch, at least on legacy UI.
I checked it a couple days ago after disabling aiz's ui mod, and it wasn't open, that's weird. But you're right now it works
If you hit the idle vil hotkey and have an idle wagon, it will be selected. But it doesn't show as an idle vil on the UI, or at least it didn't on legacy.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Kaiserklein wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:This was already changed in the latest big patch, at least on legacy UI.
I checked it a couple days ago after disabling aiz's ui mod, and it wasn't open, that's weird. But you're right now it works
It seems to automatically open once you have more than one thing in the selection, and then it just stays open. A little weird perhaps, but should be fine.
Kaiserklein wrote:
If you hit the idle vil hotkey and have an idle wagon, it will be selected. But it doesn't show as an idle vil on the UI, or at least it didn't on legacy.
Yeah that's how the grove guy works for me. I don't see any difference, maybe it got fixed.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I guess it only shows in the bottom, and not on the top left of the screen, so it's fine. It actually works the same way for all wagons. I personally dislike it but people don't seem to mind, so I'll scrap the change
No Flag N3O_Joe
Crossbow

Post by N3O_Joe »

I do not see this one on the list that been around since the beta. If you have stacked screens rather than side by side the mouse is not locked to the window. Clamp mouse to window will only lock it to the task bar on the top screen. You end up launching loads of programs and clicking out of the game all the time when moving the mouse up.
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

I would like chat in postgame btw
No Flag big_bada
Crossbow
ESO: Big_bada

Post by big_bada »

It wont add much tbh since there is way to much censor
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

What's with xbows training and the "X" hotkey. Every other unit train regularly with that hotkey but xbows don't. It just doesn't work for them. If I change it to another key it works...
Basically if I set the xbows to "X" hotkey, the relative code just disappear from NewProfile.xml. If I set to any other hotkey it appears. I can't seem to overwrite it from notepad.

EDIT:
k solved the issue by editing the file with xbow hotkeys and setting it to "read only" so that the game won't overwrite it.
Image Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Game still crash randomly

on good games, sigh
Image Image Image
No Flag hidden_blaze
Musketeer

Post by hidden_blaze »

After the latest patch, my game always deselects villagers after I place a foundation; makes macroing a real pain
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

i feel like I can't really see anything and idk if it's just me or not
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

deleted_user wrote:i feel like I can't really see anything and idk if it's just me or not
Open your eyes
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag cosuco
Crossbow

Post by cosuco »

i cant make wall. WALL WALL WALL
wtf