DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Re: DE list of issues

Post by chris1089 »

Is attack move bugged or just not a feature?
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Kaiserklein wrote:Idk, if you compare the state of the game to a month ago, it's way better already. I agree it's not quite playable enough, but I'd say by the end of 2020 it should be.
I mean I'd rather play on DE than on RE already
Well, to each their own I guess... :|
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Jotunir wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Idk, if you compare the state of the game to a month ago, it's way better already. I agree it's not quite playable enough, but I'd say by the end of 2020 it should be.
While the game might not be in a perfect state and bugs like the C: Nuke are outright stupid, the game is still in a much better state than RE. On Re, maps are fucked, Otto and Iro are stupid, spain and dutch are unplayable, you still have the ftj and other connectivity issues you always had, cheaters are abundant, etc.

TAD never was a perfect game, we just got used to many of its quirks or alleviated them by playing on EP. I think it is quite fair to say that DE is far superior to RE.

edit: also thanks kaiser and all the others who are sacrificing free-time to give the devs feedback and hopefully make the game better
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Jotunir wrote:
So you really think RE with no anti cheat, terrible balance, terrible maps, all the bugs we know, is more playable than current DE? Sure DE has some bugs and issues RE doesn't have, but much less than the other way around
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
So you really think RE with no anti cheat, terrible balance, terrible maps, all the bugs we know, is more playable than current DE? Sure DE has some bugs and issues RE doesn't have, but much less than the other way around
In short, yes. Things like balance really donā€™t matter that much to the vast majority of players especially when you often canā€™t even launch a fair team game due to multiple bugs, people crashing, or teams being completely imba.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's not true balance doesn't matter. Even players at the lowest level will complain about stuff like insta unkillable cuirs or 20 range goons. I don't mean the balance has to be as good as EP, but there are clearly way too many broken mechanics on RE.
Same goes for having at least one player with absolutely no hunt in 99% of your 3v3s on e.g GP.
Or the FTJ and OOS issues, and cheaters. Or just the servers straight up dying for half an hour lol. Sure DE has its fair amount of crashes and bugs, and I hope they'll be fixed soon, but we're forgetting a bit too quickly about what we used to get on legacy.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Im enjoying de tbh
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Kaiserklein wrote:It's not true balance doesn't matter. Even players at the lowest level will complain about stuff like insta unkillable cuirs or 20 range goons.
yeah but balance is not the same at all levels. Check the oficial forums. Noone there complains or care about inca dock BB, swe midgame eco or spain bowpike fi. This morning I read a few balance threads there, and people were complaining about axe riders having too much siege or how meteor hammers should have +50hp.

I agree that broken mechanics should be fixed asap, but that is only possible if the game has a balance team that actually knows the game.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

Maybe i havent played enough, but the only bug i have experienced so far is when hotkeys have been a little fucky
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Kaiserklein wrote:It's not true balance doesn't matter. Even players at the lowest level will complain about stuff like insta unkillable cuirs or 20 range goons. I don't mean the balance has to be as good as EP, but there are clearly way too many broken mechanics on RE.
Same goes for having at least one player with absolutely no hunt in 99% of your 3v3s on e.g GP.
Or the FTJ and OOS issues, and cheaters. Or just the servers straight up dying for half an hour lol. Sure DE has its fair amount of crashes and bugs, and I hope they'll be fixed soon, but we're forgetting a bit too quickly about what we used to get on legacy.
I played some RE games the past few days and they were more enjoyable than any I've had on DE so far. And I didn't say anything about broken units, I said balance which isn't exclusive to broken stuff.

I hope to enjoy DE when it stops being a steaming pile.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

The TC radius which denies buildings near it actually stays for like 10-15 s or even more after you get it down ,I came to know this when i wanted to build trading post ...once on Jailed's stream not sure if this is intended feature this needs to be fixed .

Next is the Advanced Scouts card for Warchief civs ,in DE you can train scouts from WC after you send so for Sioux it's kinda broken ,especially in team games ,you hide your explorer and make scouts kinda like delayed chasqui rush ,even in 1v1 it's lame af and when i watched Fitzbro stream i saw Viev1 win with it lol.I just want to know if this was again intended or not because in legacy/EP it just allowed you to train from TCs only & i having dilemma writing a Scout rush guide because of this ,if it's legit and doesn't get changed worth doing it for fun lol.
:nwc:
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

I feel like the news feature on the main title screen is a little forgotten and out of date
Attachments
news.PNG
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Chad keep the name you made at 10 years old vs virgin use the steam name you made as 25 year old doomer
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:I feel like the news feature on the main title screen is a little forgotten and out of date

At least they should have added "Install & play at your own risk"
[Sith] - Baphomet
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
At least RE can run on almost any pc and, as a bonus feature, it does not erase your personal data.
Whenever I play legacy AOE3, I use EP to avoid those specific issues you mention. I think it is better than playing a blurry, buggy, memory leaking DE.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

tbh blur is no longer a problem
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

im still just so frustrated by lag and disconnecting. I've played like 100 games now and i swear half of my losses are just because I disconnect so often. On RE if I disconnected, it was because my internet had stopped working. On DE, I can disconnect and then immediately open up netflix and twitch and everything plays just fine. I can even go and play other games like rocket league with no problem. Not perfect ping, but no problem playing games. I swear to god this is some problem with how the game is optimized and not an issue with my own personal internet.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

That's weird, I rarely disconnect at all on DE. I only experienced disconnection issues in team games at launch.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Squamiger wrote:im still just so frustrated by lag and disconnecting. I've played like 100 games now and i swear half of my losses are just because I disconnect so often. On RE if I disconnected, it was because my internet had stopped working. On DE, I can disconnect and then immediately open up netflix and twitch and everything plays just fine. I can even go and play other games like rocket league with no problem. Not perfect ping, but no problem playing games. I swear to god this is some problem with how the game is optimized and not an issue with my own personal internet.
This happened to me too lost my win streak and i immediately stopped playing ranked ,will play again once it gets fixed.
:nwc:
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Post by toriancarconn »

Challenger_Marco wrote:The TC radius which denies buildings near it actually stays for like 10-15 s or even more after you get it down ,I came to know this when i wanted to build trading post ...once on Jailed's stream not sure if this is intended feature this needs to be fixed .

Next is the Advanced Scouts card for Warchief civs ,in DE you can train scouts from WC after you send so for Sioux it's kinda broken ,especially in team games ,you hide your explorer and make scouts kinda like delayed chasqui rush ,even in 1v1 it's lame af and when i watched Fitzbro stream i saw Viev1 win with it lol.I just want to know if this was again intended or not because in legacy/EP it just allowed you to train from TCs only & i having dilemma writing a Scout rush guide because of this ,if it's legit and doesn't get changed worth doing it for fun lol.
TCs and Native TPs.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

"mensvitamains" is censored, kinda whack
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

deleted_user wrote:"mensvitamains" is censored, kinda whack
Names must not be exclusive to any one of 107 well established and defined genders.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

really bad joke imo
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

deleted_user wrote:really bad joke imo
If only I were joking....
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

not sure if these are mentioned:

1. warships are often not attackable, very annoying when using cannons/ships special attack I just dont manage to click on the enemy boats.
2. when I press 'p' to train pike quite often it puts 2 in queue, sometimes just 1. can be annoying when you just wanna queue 1 but you queue 2 or when you train from 2 barackes and after 3 times pressing p you have 3 in queue in one and 6 in the other. not sure if it's a bug or my keyboard?
3. maybe i'm just wrong with this one, but I feel like maps repeat more than they should? so lets say I just played a game on mongolia, I feel like for my next game it's like 50% loading mongolia again. it doesn't feel completely random what map you're getting, some days I get new england 5 times in a row sometimes I don't see the map at all etc.