DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Re: DE list of issues

Post by yoqpasa »

Another minor issue IDK if anyone reported already: I unlocked a Steam achievement by watching a recorded game

France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

yoqpasa wrote:Another minor issue IDK if anyone reported already: I unlocked a Steam achievement by watching a recorded game
I like this feature ^^
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Yeah Steam Achievements is the least we should worry about :hehe: that's finally a bug which does some good.
:nwc:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

I haven't addressed any bugs i faced on forums, I'm just hoping someone or kaiser will post it there ,i just cba there too much work.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Yeah it's a bit of work, would like the devs to actually do theirs :P
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

I would be honestly happy be if devs looks into this website than the forums though.ESOC very user-friendly while theirs is not.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Challenger_Marco wrote:I would be honestly happy if devs looks into this website than the forums though.ESOC very user-friendly while theirs is not.
I think the devs can't decide themselves what they want to work on every day. They need threads on the official forums to be able to work on the issues. The more exposure and upvotes a thread has, the higher the priority, generally.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

edeholland wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:I would be honestly happy if devs looks into this website than the forums though.ESOC very user-friendly while theirs is not.
I think the devs can't decide themselves what they want to work on every day. They need threads on the official forums to be able to work on the issues. The more exposure and upvotes a thread has, the higher the priority, generally.
Yeah but there are so many threads that goes unnoticed there because of not proper upvoting stuff/exposure since not ppl are active there ,what's the point though? It's like we are reporting for a ghost.
But i gave a like/love for what harcha posted (But even without much exposure they should fix everything & not rely on ppl liking/replied threads & making it big & then work on it).
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

I agree with ede, there is too many complaints out there on every forum and platform, so I think they might be limiting themselves to the official forum to maintain sanity.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Here are the problems i noticed with this patch:
-Obstructed Unit Alpha (doesn't work).
-The new pathfinding makes unit stop randomly while moving for some reason.
-Obstructed building (posted it on clipsh thread ,hazza gameplay on arkansas).
-Spamming natives on GP ,spawns on xp tps also for some reason.

Have doubts:
-Have they fixed shift clicking bugs?
-Does attack move work properly now?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

those all seem like problems older than this patch. anyways post them on the official forum with pictures
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

anyone else think it's nearly impossible to tell if you have villagers on a tribal marketplace
Screenshot (71).png
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Community plaza and marketplace are really terrible in that sense. AOE3 is a game of micro and pathing. You just can't have these things were units are partially covered by buildings and don't have a clear moving pattern (e.g. pretzel pattern in the plaza). Plaza model should at least be rotated 180° by default, exposing the units tasked to it.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

theres a bigger issue right now, apparently almost 100% of games are going oos
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Hazza54321 wrote:theres a bigger issue right now, apparently almost 100% of games are going oos
didn't have this issue in 2 rated games and 2 unrated games.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

I use the find explorer hotkey to cycle through the explorers for Japan and India and to snap the screen to them; cycling clicks just have to be slower than the rapid double-click for snap. Now no matter how fast I double click the hotkey will only cycle through the 2 explorers and never snap to them.
EDIT: ok this works the same for every find unit hotkey. So if you have multiple TCs you can never snap back to the original with the find TC hotkey. Very annoying. If anyone else can confirm they have this issue and it isn't just a problem with my settings I'll post this on the forums.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kawapasaka wrote:I use the find explorer hotkey to cycle through the explorers for Japan and India and to snap the screen to them; cycling clicks just have to be slower than the rapid double-click for snap. Now no matter how fast I double click the hotkey will only cycle through the 2 explorers and never snap to them.
EDIT: ok this works the same for every find unit hotkey. So if you have multiple TCs you can never snap back to the original with the find TC hotkey. Very annoying. If anyone else can confirm they have this issue and it isn't just a problem with my settings I'll post this on the forums.
yeah I experienced this with india, port, etc. today when two units share the same find hotkey :( -- it's pretty annoying
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Kawapasaka wrote:EDIT: ok this works the same for every find unit hotkey. So if you have multiple TCs you can never snap back to the original with the find TC hotkey.
Huh? I can. Works for me.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

aaryngend wrote:
Kawapasaka wrote:EDIT: ok this works the same for every find unit hotkey. So if you have multiple TCs you can never snap back to the original with the find TC hotkey.
Huh? I can. Works for me.
Do you use Definitive of Classic hotkeys? I use Classic.

I seem to have the impression this changed mid game for me but I can't be sure and I have no reason to think something would've triggered it.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Im having issues building stuff which ive already got constructed. For example my build tc hotkey is G but find tc is also G and if ive selected a vill or explorer to build it then it just finds the tc rather than build another one, in legcay this wasnt the case as building hotkeys would take priority over finding hotkey. Same issues with tps i feel like kaisertard to letardstete when clicking the build trading post button instead of using a hotkey likewise with tc
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Im having issues building stuff which ive already got constructed. For example my build tc hotkey is G but find tc is also G and if ive selected a vill or explorer to build it then it just finds the tc rather than build another one, in legcay this wasnt the case as building hotkeys would take priority over finding hotkey. Same issues with tps i feel like kaisertard to letardstete when clicking the build trading post button instead of using a hotkey likewise with tc
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Hazza54321 wrote:Im having issues building stuff which ive already got constructed. For example my build tc hotkey is G but find tc is also G and if ive selected a vill or explorer to build it then it just finds the tc rather than build another one, in legcay this wasnt the case as building hotkeys would take priority over finding hotkey. Same issues with tps i feel like kaisertard to letardstete when clicking the build trading post button instead of using a hotkey likewise with tc
I swear buildings also took priority on Legacy too. I have the same setup for my market as barrier to stop me from building more than 1.
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

i think that has already been mentioned to the devs but is likely to be so low on there priorities that at this point i guess just make a different hotkey. I have the exact same issue with build and find artillery foundry
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Black_Duck wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Im having issues building stuff which ive already got constructed. For example my build tc hotkey is G but find tc is also G and if ive selected a vill or explorer to build it then it just finds the tc rather than build another one, in legcay this wasnt the case as building hotkeys would take priority over finding hotkey. Same issues with tps i feel like kaisertard to letardstete when clicking the build trading post button instead of using a hotkey likewise with tc
I swear buildings also took priority on Legacy too. I have the same setup for my market as barrier to stop me from building more than 1.
Dont swear its rude you cunt