DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: DE list of issues

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Kartoffel Joe wrote:Hakaishin from piro clan did this twice to me
Most likely wasn't intentional. Verify your game files on Steam.
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Kartoffel Joe wrote:Hakaishin from piro clan did this twice to me
Most likely wasn't intentional. Verify your game files on Steam.
he wrote cheat civ cause i played swe and could defend his rush and flamed then OOS and twice the same guy... very suspicious to me...
i never had a problem before
United States of America KnArLoC
Crossbow
ESO: KnArLoC

Post by KnArLoC »

Hello Aoe3:DE devs,

Before you load a matchmaking game, do a simple check of all player's elo's before the game starts and calculate how many points each team would get if they would win.

If one team would win zero (0) points for a win, then do not load the game at all and keep searching.

Sincerely,

Someone who had to play a 25-30 minute 3v3 QS game (900, 1100, 2050 vs 1450, 1450, 1450), where enemy 2x otto fed their aztec mate to rush at 2:30 into the game and kill both of my allies tc's before 5 mins, to win a 3v3 and get no points whatsoever.

Seems like a very easy fix.

P.S. If they had rushed me first instead of my allies we would've lost miserably and probably -30 points for me. What a pointless game.

edit:
I've made an account on the official forums and created a thread to try to bring attention to this, https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/devs- ... tem/119610. I'm not sure if the issue has been raised there before, but I posted it because it just really sucks to have to wait 5-10 mins in queue only to be placed in a game where the outcome is decided before the game starts due to huge team imbalance, or the game is essentially moot since we gain +0. It just feels like a waste of an hour. This would be less of a problem if there were custom game lobbies with 2v2/3v3 games like in legacy, but the custom game system is also a complete joke and no one uses it for that purpose anymore.
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

So is the unit visibility still a problem? I had it fixed til like a month ago and then it just went back to how it was at launch.
With visibility i mean not being able to see units behind trees, buildings etc. Kinda makes the game hard to play ngl
Vanuatu DoctorSulla
Musketeer
ESO: DoctorSulla

Post by DoctorSulla »

blackout wrote:So is the unit visibility still a problem? I had it fixed til like a month ago and then it just went back to how it was at launch.
With visibility i mean not being able to see units behind trees, buildings etc. Kinda makes the game hard to play ngl
Did you turn shadows off? That breaks it for some reason.
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

DoctorSulla wrote:Did you turn shadows off? That breaks it for some reason.
Yep i have. That fixed it for me last time and i didnt change anything since then :(
Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher
ESO: mk8by8bcity

Post by AndiAOE »

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/some- ... 493/120304
EXPECTED RESULT
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I have no ecpect, i just dont want to play a semi-manufactured game。
Can understand the salt, lol.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Level 500 Home city Unlocked!!
Attachments
level 500 3.PNG
level 500 2.PNG
level 500.PNG
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Level 800 confirmed now
Attachments
Level 800.PNG
Level 800 2.PNG
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

New customization options are always welcome. I love it!
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Level 800 confirmed now
amateur https://i.gyazo.com/d7e7f481ba858d4346d ... 7174c3.jpg
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

flontier wrote:
amateur https://i.gyazo.com/d7e7f481ba858d4346d ... 7174c3.jpg
Looks like a drawing i did when i was 5 y/o
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Looks sick!

European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Didn't some people here say that ALT+Attack Move is bugged and cannot be disabled?
I just tested it and I could disable it without problems! Once I disabled it in the hotkeys menu, I can use ALT+click like I want to, attack move is never used :flowers:
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

aaryngend wrote:Didn't some people here say that ALT+Attack Move is bugged and cannot be disabled?
I just tested it and I could disable it without problems! Once I disabled it in the hotkeys menu, I can use ALT+click like I want to, attack move is never used :flowers:
Disabling it works, but not completely: Alt-clicking the ground will no longer attack move, but if you alt (to check hp bars) then right click an enemy unit to target, it will still behave like attack move and only target the closest unit.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

My ui was bugged and had no elements on it. I.e no crackshot, no buildings, no consulate options etc. I can't play using only hotkeys and if I was Aiz I would be most upset
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

thomasgreen6 wrote:My ui was bugged and had no elements on it. I.e no crackshot, no buildings, no consulate options etc. I can't play using only hotkeys and if I was Aiz I would be most upset
more importantly you cant age unless you are playing as an asian civ
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Kawapasaka wrote:
aaryngend wrote:Didn't some people here say that ALT+Attack Move is bugged and cannot be disabled?
Disabling it works, but not completely: Alt-clicking the ground will no longer attack move, but if you alt (to check hp bars) then right click an enemy unit to target, it will still behave like attack move and only target the closest unit.
On top of that you now also flare the minimap for extra dev trolling
@aaryngend

European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

macacoalbino wrote:On top of that you now also flare the minimap for extra dev trolling
@aaryngend
Let me guess... you can't disable the flare keybind..
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

You can try but the game gives no shit about your preferences

Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Ia anyone else annoyed by this issue?

Hotkey conflicts don’t work properly when ‘‘find unit’’ and ‘‘build’’ use the same key.

Example given: I use ‘‘G’’ to build trading posts. But I also use ‘‘G’’ to find arsenal or consulate .
I can build trading posts using ‘‘G’’ as long as I don’t have an arsenal or a consulate built. Once they are constructed I can no longer build them using ‘‘G’’ since ‘‘find arsenal’’ seems to have a higher priority than ‘‘building TP’’.
This issue didn’t exist in legacy AOE3.

I posted on official forums: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/hotke ... sue/121412

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

yoqpasa wrote:Ia anyone else annoyed by this issue?

Hotkey conflicts don’t work properly when ‘‘find unit’’ and ‘‘build’’ use the same key.

Example given: I use ‘‘G’’ to build trading posts. But I also use ‘‘G’’ to find arsenal or consulate .
I can build trading posts using ‘‘G’’ as long as I don’t have an arsenal or a consulate built. Once they are constructed I can no longer build them using ‘‘G’’ since ‘‘find arsenal’’ seems to have a higher priority than ‘‘building TP’’.
This issue didn’t exist in legacy AOE3.

I posted on official forums: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/hotke ... sue/121412
I have this issue aswell, it prioritises finding rather than building if you have hero/vill selected which never happened on legacy and its very annoying
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

What kind of mad men are you that use the same hotkey for 2 different buildings.

Seems like a nice issue since i use the same hotkey for finding market and building market.
Prevents you from building 2 markets.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

Victor_swe wrote:What kind of mad men are you that use the same hotkey for 2 different buildings.

Seems like a nice issue since i use the same hotkey for finding market and building market.
I couldn't agree more.
I have lost the count of how many times I would go double market back on my early aoe days until I saw someone suggesting on the forums to use same hotkey to build and find market
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Victor_swe wrote:What kind of mad men are you that use the same hotkey for 2 different buildings.

Luciofrancosi wrote:

I couldn't agree more.
I have lost the count of how many times I would go double market back on my early aoe days until I saw someone suggesting on the forums to use same hotkey to build and find market
I use same key for building and finding a market. It makes sense since you only want 1. This could be comparable to arsenal or consulate, (I agree) but it's just an example and I picked the one which annoys me the most.

But what if you use ''W'' to build barracks and ''W'' also to find barracks?. The answer is once you get it built you won't be able to build a 2nd rax using ''W'' since ''find barracks'' prevails. Maybe you could use ''all rax-type buildings'' or something but you get my point. Also you want ''build a house'' hotkey, but you probably don't need ''find house'' hotkey, you'd better use that for something useful.
Think about TP's. Do you really use the same hotkey to build and find TP's?. Cause once you have 1 built you cannot use hotkey to build them.

In this case I use ''shift+G'' to build arsenal, and ''G'' to find arsenal. My mind is not deeply twisted after all.