DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Re: DE list of issues

Post by chronique »

I don't really understand how hotkey priority work because i have the same hotkey for "select all units/building from the same type" and for train some units (like native units from tps), then when i select my native tp and use the hotkey for training them, it select all tps i have build instead, if i push the hotkey 2 times very fast, it select all tps THEN start training native units in ALL tps i have (even on xp tps).
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Good point. @yoqpasa

In most games i just make 3 raxes at once and then u dont need to use that hotkey anymore for the rest of the game. So i didnt really think about that.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

yoqpasa wrote:Ia anyone else annoyed by this issue?

Hotkey conflicts don’t work properly when ‘‘find unit’’ and ‘‘build’’ use the same key.

Example given: I use ‘‘G’’ to build trading posts. But I also use ‘‘G’’ to find arsenal or consulate .
I can build trading posts using ‘‘G’’ as long as I don’t have an arsenal or a consulate built. Once they are constructed I can no longer build them using ‘‘G’’ since ‘‘find arsenal’’ seems to have a higher priority than ‘‘building TP’’.
This issue didn’t exist in legacy AOE3.

I posted on official forums: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/hotke ... sue/121412
This issue is already in the list, and links to this thread: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/hotke ... rly/109362

Because of that bug, I personally use the same hotkey to build and find a building only if I'll only have one of these buildings (e.g a market, a church, an arsenal...). For buildings I build multiple times (rax, stables, docks...) I don't use the same hotkey, and I control group them instead.

For the record I already had that bug for a couple buildings on legacy, but not for most. Doesn't really make sense lol, but oh well.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

It's a non-issue really.
Do it like me and NEVER use the same hotkey for "build building X" and "Find building X".

I use A for all kinds of "Build barracks" and CTRl+A for "Find barracks". That way, I can use the "Find hotkey" to cycle through all my buildings of the same type.
S is for stables, CTRl+S is for "Find stable", D is for artillery foundries and the native variants of that building, V for all kinds of outposts and castles (russian blockhouses are an excception, located on the A key though). T is for all churches, mosques, monasteries and CTRL+T for finding them.
G is for firepits, forts and the consulate. Every type of civ(european/native/asian) has another building that they do not share with other civs so they will never get in the way.

I don't use hotkeys for every building though, especially not for the niche ones. Instead, I just put them into a control group and be done with it.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

aaryngend wrote:It's a non-issue really.
Do it like me
No, fug off. We deserve a game that works logically, predictably and has accessibility options for when different people want different settings.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

aaryngend wrote:It's a non-issue really.
Do it like me and NEVER use the same hotkey for "build building X" and "Find building X".

I use A for all kinds of "Build barracks" and CTRl+A for "Find barracks". That way, I can use the "Find hotkey" to cycle through all my buildings of the same type.
S is for stables, CTRl+S is for "Find stable", D is for artillery foundries and the native variants of that building, V for all kinds of outposts and castles (russian blockhouses are an excception, located on the A key though). T is for all churches, mosques, monasteries and CTRL+T for finding them.
G is for firepits, forts and the consulate. Every type of civ(european/native/asian) has another building that they do not share with other civs so they will never get in the way.

I don't use hotkeys for every building though, especially not for the niche ones. Instead, I just put them into a control group and be done with it.
It's absolutely not a non issue, it's completely logical to use the same hotkey to build and find the same building, it should just work depending on whether you have a vil selected or not. I'm not going to change the hotkeys I've used for years just because devs are too incompetent to sort this out.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher
ESO: CR_Joops

Post by CR_Joops »

Does nobody else use the new fancy column/row layout?
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Kaiserklein wrote:It's absolutely not a non issue, it's completely logical to use the same hotkey to build and find the same building, it should just work depending on whether you have a vil selected or not. I'm not going to change the hotkeys I've used for years just because devs are too incompetent to sort this out.
Do you know how many buildings ther are in the game?
For example, I have A for attack move so what would happen if I select unit(s) and press A? Find barracks? Attack move? Both?
The most important buildings are in control groups anyway, I thought most ppl would use ctrl+building hotkey to Find buildings. I guess not. I first started to use these hotkeys after reading the MrMilo guide.

I just can't see how so many of you guys use the same key for finding and building without them getting in the way of other hotkeys.
I even changed units stances to CTRL+S/D/E/G/R because I kept triggering other actions with it when they were simply set to S D E G R.

I do agree that it needs to be fixed, but I'm still baffled at the huge amount of "Allowed hotkey conflicts" some people use.
Other RTS games don't even have find building hotkeys, StarCraft comes to mind here.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Dude, all they're asking for is consistency

France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I have same hotkey for "finding" and "train" units, it's very annoying when i have many building from the same type and the game find all building instead of queuing the units iam asking for. The probleme is it wasn't the same on legacy and like kaiser, lazy about changing everything just because of that.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

:biggrin: Issue being tracked

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Just had to bump I guess lol
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

yeah i had to make a meme of it kaiser,
viewtopic.php?p=531035#p531035
You would have thought they read it the first time and realised that the post was legit
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

the game just froze and shut down without an error message.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

lol you havent had that before? do you even play this game
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

I've had it crash with an error before, but that was earlier patches. It's just annoying that it decides to fuck me over exactly when I try to play ranked games.
Great Britain thomasgreen6
Lancer
ESO: Thomasgreen6

Post by thomasgreen6 »

Game wiped all of my hotkeys then wouldn't let me access the hotkey menu
'I'm gonna win this and I'm just gonna enjoy it' - Tibia 2k18

http://www.Twitch.tv/thomasgreen6