DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: DE list of issues

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I don't give a shit about balance, I just think the game should be usable
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Btw, this piece of crap of a game is partly the result of their PC obsession. They literally only cared about that, they just talked all the time about natives in interviews. When you open the fucking game the first time, there's even a popup about it lmao, as if it's all that mattered. Imagine how much energy they spent jerking off on that shit instead of actually developing the game...

I'd respect that they want historical accuracy, if only other aspects of the game were decent.
That's why I complained so much on the forums tbh.
They probably hired 2 consultants for months to do that while they could have hired 2 extra developers or professional bug finders.
You don't need to pay "professional bug finders," they had a beta with a bunch of players. They chose not to fix the bugs
Well, they chose not to fix some bugs but some others were discovered later.
For example, it was impossible to find that scrolling didn't work in the browser because not enough games were hosted.
Same with the revo deck and the India abus gun card.

We did report the Port moesbar bug however and they didn't fix it.
Same with not being able to overpop.

Another big issue is that the game was developed by aoe2 people, who wanted the game to look like aoe2, so we wasted a lot of testing time arguing against these changes. I even stopped playing the beta for weeks at one point because it was simply not aoe3 anymore with the native changes (which were way worse than the current ones) and the aoe2 bs.
It was a bit like the Ep process with Zoi honestly, we had to spend hours arguing against the shit ideas instead of fixing the existing issues.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

:grin:
fightinfrenchman wrote:I don't give a shit about balance, I just think the game should be usable
Well, at the end of the first beta I wrote a message where I said that the game was simply not playable.
They fixed 1/3rd of the issues, but that's obviously not enough.
1. They were very slow to react. It would usually take them a week to implement like 5 changes.
2. Even if they were more reactive, they wouldn't have had the time to fix everything. They needed to delay the release but we all know that's impossible.

And as Bramboy said, they had limited budget and decided to hire native consultants who made the game worse instead of hiring devs and testers.
I also think it's dumb they paid native consultants. Map makers and testers weren't paid and if the native guys cared so much about their representation they could have done it for free.
Here it just feels like it's a PC business.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

[Armag] diarouga wrote: Here it just feels like it's a PC business.
Well it was made by Microsoft
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Was it ever said that they paid for consultants?
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Another one:
-Game randomly disables mods.

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

yeah my aiz ui keeps randomly disabling
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Thats problably happening cuz of anti-cheat, since those mods arent implented in the game what means the game problably does behave like its a hack or cheat.
Spain pain train is real
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Rohbrot wrote:Thats problably happening cuz of anti-cheat, since those mods arent implented in the game what means the game problably does behave like its a hack or cheat.
Are there any mods that let you scroll yet? Seems like something that would be nice to have
Netherlands xxsix9xx
Crossbow
ESO: Xzyage

Post by xxsix9xx »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Just what I typed, they talked non stop about it, and theres that popup when you open the game. It's obvious they focused a ton on that topic?
While they didn't bother dealing with bugs that probably need 5 minutes to get fixed. Hey, instead of developing that popup, they could have made it so you can scroll down the fucking games browser?? Probably takes even less time
I agree there's a ton of dumb bugs but I somehow doubt the person in charge of Native American represenation was responsible for the fact that you can't scroll or look at leaderboards. Again I ask anyone who was involved in the beta if they brought any of this stuff up
In beta I never saw more then 5 games at the same time in the lobby, so I never noticed the scroll down bug.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

xxsix9xx wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I agree there's a ton of dumb bugs but I somehow doubt the person in charge of Native American represenation was responsible for the fact that you can't scroll or look at leaderboards. Again I ask anyone who was involved in the beta if they brought any of this stuff up
In beta I never saw more then 5 games at the same time in the lobby, so I never noticed the scroll down bug.
To be clear to people who haven't experienced it, by "the scroll down bug" you mean the thing where the game browser is completely unusable. Like you just can't use it
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
xxsix9xx wrote:
Show hidden quotes
To be clear to people who haven't experienced it, by "the scroll down bug" you mean the thing where the game browser is completely unusable. Like you just can't use it
@fightinfrenchman , instead of spamming the same thing here on our forum spam it to the support team of MS!
Spain pain train is real
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Rohbrot wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes
@fightinfrenchman , instead of spamming the same thing here on our forum spam it to the support team of MS!
Don't blame me, I repeatedly asked people to leak things to me and the beta players could have done so. They chose not to for some weird reason
Netherlands xxsix9xx
Crossbow
ESO: Xzyage

Post by xxsix9xx »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
xxsix9xx wrote:
Use filter settings that way you can see all the games for now.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

@fightinfrenchman , no no, u understood me wrong, i didnt blame you but im just saying that ur spam here is useless, since the devs wont read the bugs here on esoc but they "should" on their support site.
Spain pain train is real
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Rohbrot wrote:@fightinfrenchman , no no, u understood me wrong, i didnt blame you but im just saying that ur spam here is useless, since the devs wont read the bugs here on esoc but they "should" on their support site.
The devs are dumb as fuck, they presumably can't read
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Sioux and iro on mines are basically impossible to raid with cab as your units bug out when pathing near the new building. Also the building has way too much hp

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

The TP icon displays the resource (exp, food, wood, coin), but not the amount you get with every pass.
France Syphax
Crossbow

Post by Syphax »

I hope they will have time to fix all issues.
Otherwise ppl will come back on TAD. TAD is by far more playable than DE.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

There are definitely quite a few issues atm with DE, but depending on who you are I dunno if I would say its more playable than DE. on EP at my pr I often wait 20mins to find a game. That is not uncommon. In DE I get games at any time within 3 mins.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
United States of America kevthegooner
Crossbow
ESO: Henry_Knox

Post by kevthegooner »

I feel the need to say this again:

Talking to the downtrodden and near-exterminated people of the world about how they are represented is not "political correctness", it is morality and humanity.

That said, it seems obvious that MS could have charged an extra $5 or $10 for the game, and used that money to hire some developers.

It is not a good look for them to launch such an unfinished product. The bugs are bad enough that it feels like a game from 1995.

PS- I think I have played it for 20 hrs already, so I am either a glutton or there are some good things going on.
United States of America kevthegooner
Crossbow
ESO: Henry_Knox

Post by kevthegooner »

giveuanxiety wrote:There are definitely quite a few issues atm with DE, but depending on who you are I dunno if I would say its more playable than DE. on EP at my pr I often wait 20mins to find a game. That is not uncommon. In DE I get games at any time within 3 mins.

I like the quick, and now evenly matched, ranked games now too, GUA.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

giveuanxiety wrote:There are definitely quite a few issues atm with DE, but depending on who you are I dunno if I would say its more playable than DE. on EP at my pr I often wait 20mins to find a game. That is not uncommon. In DE I get games at any time within 3 mins.
You might get a game quickly but it sort of seems random who you get, like I either get Ezad or someone around your Elo or some guy who doesn't know how to play at all

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

TAD is definitly more playable than DE. I play DE because i expect some improvement, but if that stay like that, i wont play anymore. I prefere waiting 20 min for a game i want to play, more than a QS with that "nothing work properly" game.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

I expect qs matching to improve drastically in just a few more days, once elo's start to stabilize. I'll prob be like 1600 elo in like 3 days and then I doubt a 1600 elo would get matched vs a 1200 elo quickly.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?