DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Re: DE list of issues

Post by chris1089 »

:smile: @lemmings121 I get this one quite regularly on legacy, but I didn't know the fix, so thank you for informing me.
United States of America Churlish1
Crossbow
ESO: Churlish1

Post by Churlish1 »

My internet connection is completely fine (I have run speed tests, ping tests, and it works completely fine for all other purposes.) However, when ever I get in a game everything is ridiculously delayed. My commands always register 5 seconds after they should and my sound effects are super delayed as well. Also, every minute or two, my game freezes for around 20 seconds and then goes into fast forward mode giving me absolutely no control over anything. This makes playing the game basically impossible. Anybody know any fixes? I have already tried restarting my game, restarting my computer, and restarting my router. None of those measures proved effective.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Do you have the same problems playing offline? if so it might just be your computer.

In addition, even if your internet is good locally, it might have bottlenecks connecting to overseas servers. I found that to my dismay when one of the undersea cables in my country got damaged. so also test your speeds with different servers
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

so with recorded games i think the devs meant to include a timestamp in multiplayer recorded games but forgot to include, single player recorded games are time stamped and so do not overwrite each other, is this true with others, tech nerds, do you think this is an easy fix?
United States of America Sensei
Skirmisher

Post by Sensei »

So had a game where the graphs bugged out at the end and one graph stayed on screen and overlaid the others. The graph stayed up when I went back to view map post game. Graph went away once I got out of the game and back into the lobby UI. I stupidly didn't restart my game instead I queued again and had a nice game that looked like this.
Attachments
screen4.jpg
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

It wasnt your stupitidy, its just this game is full of bugs★★
Spain pain train is real
Skirmisher

Post by Sensei »

nice game

Felt like an OOS type exploit game crashed just after 2 of them went out
Attachments
ggnore.png
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

At least u guys won the game (looks like)
Spain pain train is real
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

harcha wrote:@Kaiserklein
These two are listed under solved but are not solved according to my testing:
• Can’t select multiple idle villagers with shift + hotkey. 
° The hotkeys to scroll the chat up or down simply don’t work. Only using the scroll wheel within focus of the chat after pressing enter may work.
Shift key now lets you select groups of nearby vils when clicking on the UI (when clicking on idles flag, number of food vils, wood vils, coin vils, idle vils), but it still doesn't work with "Find Idle Villager" hotkey.

Chat scrolling is still broken in the same exact way.
I think I read somewhere they fixed it and trusted them, but I guess that was a mistake.
Chat hotkeys don't seem to work yeah, and shift + hotkey will select all the idle vils instead of a group of idle vils. I'll edit the list, thanks
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Sensei wrote:So had a game where the graphs bugged out at the end and one graph stayed on screen and overlaid the others. The graph stayed up when I went back to view map post game. Graph went away once I got out of the game and back into the lobby UI. I stupidly didn't restart my game instead I queued again and had a nice game that looked like this.
Yeah, that's in the list already
Hawk_Girl wrote:is it just me or is it sometimes hard to tell what res your stagecoach is on?
That's a good point, I'll add it even if it's minor
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Are recorded games supposed to overwrite on the last rec? I mean I can only watch the last game I played cause they are all saved as ''record game'' instead of record game 1, 2 etc. as on legacy.

Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

yeah i think it is the same for everyone. This is only for ranked games.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

yoqpasa wrote:Are recorded games supposed to overwrite on the last rec? I mean I can only watch the last game I played cause they are all saved as ''record game'' instead of record game 1, 2 etc. as on legacy.
This is so weird... I have some rec games saved with the adition to the date+hour it was played but some just get overwritten because they get saved without this info.
I have no idea how to make them consistently not overwrite

Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Sensei wrote:nice game

Happened to me vs some guy earlier too.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Skirmisher

Post by Sensei »

Riotcoke wrote:
Sensei wrote:nice game

Happened to me vs some guy earlier too.
I played something like 7 or 8 games yesterday and had 3 or 4 games do this at the end. 3 were sure wins and crashed while the other team went out. One was in question but I think my teammates were going out. All 3v3 games.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Anyone else getting triggered by the walking hunts? Pretty sure I'm getting like 15% less food out of my hunts because I am forced to Swe herd if I want hunts under my TC.
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

deleted_user wrote:Anyone else getting triggered by the walking hunts? Pretty I'm getting like 15% less food out of my hunts because I am forced to Swe herd if I want hunts under my TC.
Yea they run away to get back to their initial position a lot more than on legacy, thats very annoying.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't know if this contributes to increased back herding or if it's just because I'm playing on 'fixed' RE maps, but a lot of times my 2nd hunt is back herding painfully (siberia, fertile crescent, ozarks, new england, etc.). And they'll backherd when I shoot the last animal with full health, so when I re-herd it's massive swe herding but not even under my TC.
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Post by toriancarconn »

Kaiserklein wrote:Since the first list seemed to be taken into account, I might take the time to make a new one or edit this one. I really can't be bothered to also create separate threads for each issue and link them to the list though, like Evangelos asked, so that's a problem. I'd need people to help in that regard
Evangelos' request is kind of surprising. We, as the community, and particularly you, who has prepared the list, put all this work in. The kind of work that they should be doing and not us. And then he asks for separating each issue instead of picking up there and taking care of it himself or whoever is in charge of these things in his team. It's sad and next level outsourcing, as in "We can't be bothered, let the customers do the work."
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

The hunts dont try to go to their original position all the time.
I had a game where at 14minutes some random hunt pack just walked by my TC, and when I shot it ofc it backherded but I have no idea where that hunt started in the map. Iirc the game was in central plains, but not sure

Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

toriancarconn wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Since the first list seemed to be taken into account, I might take the time to make a new one or edit this one. I really can't be bothered to also create separate threads for each issue and link them to the list though, like Evangelos asked, so that's a problem. I'd need people to help in that regard
Evangelos' request is kind of surprising. We, as the community, and particularly you, who has prepared the list, put all this work in. The kind of work that they should be doing and not us. And then he asks for separating each issue instead of picking up there and taking care of it himself or whoever is in charge of these things in his team. It's sad and next level outsourcing, as in "We can't be bothered, let the customers do the work."
It definitely seems like they’ve got limited budget and staff. Evangelos seems to be the only one on the forums anymore and probably has to gather all this info and either doesn’t know how to, doesn’t have time to, etc.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well clearly he asked me more details and even separate threads because he wanted the issue to be described "as if he never played the game". I think it's because, well, they basically don't play the game. I know that some issues I reported were very clear and anyone who played the game a little bit would understand what they meant.
But oh well. I think Evangelos is doing a good job regardless, it's just that he seems to be the only one in charge of forums and communication, which is a lot of work. Either way let's just be glad they're taking the feedback into account. The less they know about the game, the more they have to listen to us, so it might end up being quite playable.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Kaiserklein wrote:Well clearly he asked me more details and even separate threads because he wanted the issue to be described "as if he never played the game". I think it's because, well, they basically don't play the game. I know that some issues I reported were very clear and anyone who played the game a little bit would understand what they meant.
But oh well. I think Evangelos is doing a good job regardless, it's just that he seems to be the only one in charge of forums and communication, which is a lot of work. Either way let's just be glad they're taking the feedback into account. The less they know about the game, the more they have to listen to us, so it might end up being quite playable.
At this rate, we will be very old ,if not dead, before the game becomes quite playable.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Idk, if you compare the state of the game to a month ago, it's way better already. I agree it's not quite playable enough, but I'd say by the end of 2020 it should be.
I mean I'd rather play on DE than on RE already
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

So far haven't noticed hunts walking more than on legacy. The hunt walking has always been atrocious when there is a low number of animals left in a herd - for example the two herds of 3 G goats on Kamchatka are impossible to tame, they just run away. Same with the 2 elephant herd on Indonesia.

When the herd is bigger (8...12 animals) one animal deciding to walk in a random direction has less influence in the overall average position on the herd, which is probably used for determining the random walking coordinates of other animals.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.