DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: DE list of issues

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Ok my 5 petards auto died from brits consulate ,my shipment point was on agra & auto ceasefire'd with taj mahal wonder idk why ig bugged.
:nwc:
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Ok my 5 petards auto died from brits consulate ,my shipment point was on agra & auto ceasefire'd with taj mahal wonder idk why ig bugged.
This is consistent with legacy. Probably never going to be fixed like the disappearing TCs in age iv.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

vividlyplain wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:Ok my 5 petards auto died from brits consulate ,my shipment point was on agra & auto ceasefire'd with taj mahal wonder idk why ig bugged.
This is consistent with legacy. Probably never going to be fixed like the disappearing TCs in age iv.
It just shows how much they care about delivering a good product :|
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

Would it be reasonable to add the antiherd(backherd) mechanics?
Even though maps start with a lot more resources now, sometimes the second and third hunts will spawn just far enough that it will backherd when is just a few shots of getting under the tc.
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Luciofrancosi wrote:Would it be reasonable to add the antiherd(backherd) mechanics?
Even though maps start with a lot more resources now, sometimes the second and third hunts will spawn just far enough that it will backherd when is just a few shots of getting under the tc.
No because then (theoretically) you could steal herds.
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher

Post by Luciofrancosi »

vividlyplain wrote:
Luciofrancosi wrote:Would it be reasonable to add the antiherd(backherd) mechanics?
Not saying remove it, but the distance that causes it could definitely be increased though.
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Luciofrancosi wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:
Not saying remove it, but the distance that causes it could definitely be increased though.
Which map(s) have the largest issue for this?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Backherd is not an issue. Backherd is intentionally there to make hunts stay roughly were they spawn.
Image Image Image
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

vividlyplain wrote:
Luciofrancosi wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Which map(s) have the largest issue for this?
Bison herds backherd consistently, I don't remember other herds backherding. Capybaras and goats are the most annoying ones after bisons because they slowly walk away.
France speedflyer
Dragoon
ESO: speedflyer

Post by speedflyer »

do anyone still have crashes ? i had like 2 crashes yesterday and my friend also 2. Notice that i mostly played TG but i also saw Kevin playing 1v1 and being disconnected while he was still streaming on discord ??
I hope Zoi and his team of faithful minions can stop demonizing people
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

speedflyer wrote:do anyone still have crashes ? i had like 2 crashes yesterday and my friend also 2. Notice that i mostly played TG but i also saw Kevin playing 1v1 and being disconnected while he was still streaming on discord ??
I complained about disconnections last page and in discord, many disconnections while net is totally fine. Idk if i was alone to have this, apparently not, gonna take another one month break i guess.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Attack move target buildings which I think it's an issue in this game. Attack move should only target units so that those who don't have units nearby keep walking till they find some.
Image Image Image
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Garja wrote:Attack move target buildings which I think it's an issue in this game. Attack move should only target units so that those who don't have units nearby keep walking till they find some.
If this is the case, its horrible. Imaging to be in the base of your opponent and he pop's 2 falcs from his TC, but u attack move your cav to kill his falc's which begin to siege the TC instead of killing the falc's.
Spain pain train is real
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Units have priority over buildings but let's say you have 30 units and 10 of them don't have units in LOS , they attack buildings.
Image Image Image
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

https://i.gyazo.com/399713fd862b2b6ad21 ... 37b74c.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/ad69d85eb29eef7cf0d ... a6afac.jpg
Any differences between the 2 pictures ?
You're right there is none.
Yet the second one has high texture setting checked.....and the 1rst one with low setting isnt supposed to be that bad.
Looks like i got a new shit again. I havent touch anything on my graph cards or others tech, its just in aoe3. Its a bit annoying because when there is more stuffs on the screen it is like everything is super blurry..

Does anyone already experienced that ?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Blurriness comes from low resolution and TAA. If your PC has the power to increase resolution (or enable SSAA at say 150%), you would get less blurriness/roughness. Changing textures doesn't really affect blurriness.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

flontier wrote:https://i.gyazo.com/399713fd862b2b6ad21 ... 37b74c.jpg
Yet the second one has high texture setting checked.....and the 1rst one with low setting isnt supposed to be that bad.
Looks like i got a new shit again. I havent touch anything on my graph cards or others tech, its just in aoe3. Its a bit annoying because when there is more stuffs on the screen it is like everything is super blurry..

After settings like this, you need to restart your game. Only then will the new changes apply.
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher

Post by Luciofrancosi »

Is central plains map bugged?
Me and my friends were playing there a few times and we noticed that we can't upgrade the trade rout for some reason.

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

flontier wrote:https://i.gyazo.com/399713fd862b2b6ad21 ... 37b74c.jpg

My god! It looks worse than the original :?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

why is the UI Options menu bar 3x louder than every other menu bar
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Many menu buttons make the click sound twice for me.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher
ESO: mk8by8bcity

Post by AndiAOE »

So i ve stumbled accross some cards, which are entirely redundant. I dont call them useless because they are still good cards, but they are useless in the game, since there are cards which are better in ALL Situations. Usually they are single use cards and there is a endless card which does the same or is better.
Please remove them, they dont serve a purpose and only clutter the UI or trap some beginners!

Video form:

Cards in Question:

British:
Endless 2 rockets vs 2 rockets (age 4)

China:
Endless 2 flying Crows vs 2 flying Crows (age 4)

Inca:
3 Builder Travois (endless) vs 3 Farming travois (age 3)

French:
endless 4 cuir vs 4 cuir (age 4)

India:
endless 900 wood vs endless 800 wood (age 3)

Aztec:
endless 500 gold vs endless 600 gold (age 2)
Endless 9 jaguar prowler vs normal 8 and 9 jaguar Prowlers (age 4)

Hauedeno :
endless 1500 food/wood/gold vs 1500 food/wood/gold (age 4)
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

One does wonder what the Devs where thinking with these.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Some (not sur eif all) are remnants of the levelling system from legacy. You get 2 rockets before 3 rockets and 3 rockets before infinite 2 for example as brits. For France you get 4, 3, 5, 6 cuirs before infinite 4 as well.

That being said, I think this was an oversight and am missed opportunity by DE devs.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Rather than removing the unnecessary cards (which should be done anyway) I'd appreciate it if they could just reorder cards like in the legacy game. In legacy, it looked like the card system had a structure, in DE, everything is just plastered side by side without any logical order.