DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: DE list of issues

Post by Hazza54321 »

why wouldnt u just wakina rr
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

The three biggest pet peeves I have with the game right now:
  • Replays: Just watched some replays on the legacy game again and oh boy did I forgot how smooth of an experience that was!
  • Observer mode: needs A LOT of work.
  • Multiplayer UI: still more barebones than a dead horse. When can we finally invite people not on our Steam friend list and not in a chat channel?? There is so much more wrong with it right now but this seems to be the hard-pressed issue
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

Does anyone else still have issues with minimap layering? For me at least it still seems impossible to see enemy units in your base from the minimap. I do use friend/foe colors so maybe that's related?
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Gotta just keep hammering the message home to them
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

There is now a new problem if the option "hotkey snap to unit" is disabled. If you have multiple of the same building, you can no longer snap to that building, it will just cycle between the buildings. Multiple TCs means you can no longer snap to any TC, multiple raxes means you can no longer snap to any rax. Guess I'll be leaving it enabled a while longer.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@dicktator_ just use the hotkey that focuses to selection (space by default)
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America KnArLoC
Crossbow
ESO: KnArLoC

Post by KnArLoC »

Can someone explain why hunt spawns are atrocious on New England? I thought DE was supposed to fix bad map spawns. I just had a game where my closest hunt was a full screen away from my tc. Impossible to hunt safely under tc if that happens (backherding).
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

KnArLoC wrote:Can someone explain why hunt spawns are atrocious on New England? I thought DE was supposed to fix bad map spawns. I just had a game where my closest hunt was a full screen away from my tc. Impossible to hunt safely under tc if that happens (backherding).
all maps can have bad spawns, even the old ESOC maps have bad spawns now and then. unfortunate but it is what it is.
mad cuz bad
United States of America KnArLoC
Crossbow
ESO: KnArLoC

Post by KnArLoC »

I guess it must be confirmation bias then because I definitely notice it happening way more often on New England. Oh well, I guess sometimes one is unlucky.

edit: just wanted to clarify that I meant there was no hunt whatsoever near my tc at all (so I'm talking about the starting hunt, not finding the next (2nd) hunt to herd to tc). It took my explorer 30-45 seconds to find the first, closest hunt. And this problem happens on New England often, on all other maps there is always at least one hunt nearby.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

KnArLoC wrote:I guess it must be confirmation bias then because I definitely notice it happening way more often on New England. Oh well, I guess sometimes one is unlucky.

edit: just wanted to clarify that I meant there was no hunt whatsoever near my tc at all (so I'm talking about the starting hunt, not finding the next (2nd) hunt to herd to tc). It took my explorer 30-45 seconds to find the first, closest hunt. And this problem happens on New England often, on all other maps there is always at least one hunt nearby.
Because for whatever reason they refuse to make the TC always spawn in the exact same location. Rather, the TC spawns in a radius of where its coordinates are. The starting resources also start within a radius of those same coordinates. So if the first hunt spawns on the opposite side of this circle as the TC then you don’t always see it when the game begins.

This happens on all RE maps but not the EP maps that made it to DE. There were some minor changes made to some 1v1 map spawns like adding more hunts but not much was changed.

This is also why on Borneo for example sometimes you spawn almost in the sea and other times if you’re playing treaty you might not be close enough to the shore to build a dock. Ever had your mines spawn really far away on GP or wound up with your TC touching the trade socket? Same thing happens here. It’s such an easy fix, but don’t hold your breath on this changing. I’ve personally volunteered to fix their shitty maps for them for free but haven’t been taken up in the offer sadly.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

vividlyplain wrote:
KnArLoC wrote:I guess it must be confirmation bias then because I definitely notice it happening way more often on New England. Oh well, I guess sometimes one is unlucky.

Because for whatever reason they refuse to make the TC always spawn in the exact same location. Rather, the TC spawns in a radius of where its coordinates are. The starting resources also start within a radius of those same coordinates. So if the first hunt spawns on the opposite side of this circle as the TC then you don’t always see it when the game begins.

This happens on all RE maps but not the EP maps that made it to DE. There were some minor changes made to some 1v1 map spawns like adding more hunts but not much was changed.

This is also why on Borneo for example sometimes you spawn almost in the sea and other times if you’re playing treaty you might not be close enough to the shore to build a dock. Ever had your mines spawn really far away on GP or wound up with your TC touching the trade socket? Same thing happens here. It’s such an easy fix, but don’t hold your breath on this changing. I’ve personally volunteered to fix their shitty maps for them for free but haven’t been taken up in the offer sadly.
@Durokan
mad cuz bad
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

n0el wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:

@Durokan
For the record I don't blame Durokan or anyone working for free. I'm a bit miffed by the dev's lack of acknowledgement of or being so slow to fix some basic issues on maps like Inca getting a starting saloon on Indochina and Kamchatka missing a tp in larger team games (yet they fixed the nomad spawn issue on Baja Cali literally the day after it was reported). :salt: :salt: :salt:
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

i can give it a look if i have time
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Durokan wrote:i can give it a look if i have time
I'm always available to help.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

vividlyplain wrote:
Durokan wrote:i can give it a look if i have time
I'm always available to help.
If you're interested in reducing the tc spawn radius, it'd be pretty easy to take the current DE maps and implement the change for something like 1v1 only, or possibly up to fourish. So if <= 4 between 0 and 4 meters, else the old distance. You'd need to spawn the map enough to make sure that no new issues are introduced. If you sent me the maps I'd be able to pass them along for QA.

An issue we were having at the time is that when there are many players such as in 8 or 8 ffa, having no variance on the TC location will often not place the TC when there isn't much space. (For example, if a player is playing a 1v7 bot compstomp, we were often seeing only 7 or so TC's being placed).
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

feels like fixing obsing should be priority #1 now
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Does anyone else find that the game is much more laggy since the last big update ?

Not like i have already run the game really smooth but it is really worst than before, as soon as i am like 5min into a game until the end, everything is struggling and camera movements are jerky etc..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yes it's laggier
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@flontier No i don't feel like it. Do you have 8 GB ram? Perhaps they increased the ram usage, I wouldn't know.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

harcha wrote:@flontier No i don't feel like it. Do you have 8 GB ram? Perhaps they increased the ram usage, I wouldn't know.
I have 16gb, i upgraded from 8 to 16 like 2 months ago, it was a lot better, but after like 2-3 of their updates, i feel now to play the game almost like when i had 8gb :/ but especially since the last one.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

If anything it feels better to me, I don’t seem to have to restart as often.
mad cuz bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

There's weird spikes sometimes for no reason, which we didn't have before
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Kaiserklein wrote:There's weird spikes sometimes for no reason, which we didn't have before
Bonus feature by design ;)