Treaty in DE

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Treaty in DE

Post by TNT333 »

Discussion for the intellectual community of NR players.

Otto strong civ now
RIP Gendarmes
China new Arquebusier meta??
Spain also nerf, just revert the Lancer training thing
Inca and Swedes: Where do they rank up??
NR90 the next Orinoco??
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Re: Treaty in DE

Post by _NiceKING_ »

NR90 the next Orinoco??
More like NR105
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

A NR105 tournament with a BO9 Final would be awesome.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Gendarmes are still good units, just not overpowered anymore.
India TNT333
Lancer

Post by TNT333 »

Any NR pro tested Inca and Swedes??
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Someone should check this out because I am not sure how it happened but in a FFA with India I think I got up to 119 vils. I had 4 Otto vils, 3 ships from consulate and 5 cuir de bois from Cree natives... that should only have been 111.... So I think the free vil from cards was in effect giving me another vil each card that I did not notice even though I was at maximum vil population.

I consider this a civ benefit and not a problems since civs like China and Iro can age up to get 119 vils.

So if true, once you send all your essential eco cards it may be better to wait until you have your max vils instead of sending them earlier even though u miss out on some time with that extra vil happening before the boom up. Instead you can have an extra vil for the 20 minutes of boom time.
Then in battle time you may want to delete down some vils to compete with other civs higher rate of production (depends what civ you are fighting but generally with 80 remaining is good, this also depends on how much time you give yourself after your fur trade as you never want to be in a low food state with India). Having more units on the field can greatly increase your presence and kill ratio. If you can improve your kill ratio into substantial differences it is like multiplying your score, and dividing your opponents. Trick is keeping a balanced army so you do not get countered and maintain production and micro effectively.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Sweden is op, they never drain because of fish crates. Inca range from really bad to really good depending on the number of trees on the map.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

dicktator_ wrote:Sweden is op, they never drain because of fish crates. Inca range from really bad to really good depending on the number of trees on the map.
How exactly fish crates work? I'm a sup peasant so never tested it.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

lemmings121 wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:Sweden is op, they never drain because of fish crates. Inca range from really bad to really good depending on the number of trees on the map.
Fish crates are food crates that gain 1 food per second. You can send fish crates infinitely so eventually you end up with dozens of fish crates all providing one food per second. As long as you don't completely deplete a fish crate while gathering it you can infinitely increase your food eco.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

dicktator_ wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:
Fish crates are food crates that gain 1 food per second. You can send fish crates infinitely so eventually you end up with dozens of fish crates all providing one food per second. As long as you don't completely deplete a fish crate while gathering it you can infinitely increase your food eco.
Why is this a thing. Why
India TNT333
Lancer

Post by TNT333 »

dicktator_ wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:
Oooh not to mention the 3 pop mortars that can attack units
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

what they have special mortars too?
Austria OliverP
Skirmisher
ESO: OliverP

Post by OliverP »

they get a card so mortars can attack units.. i think the card is trash tbh.
But the card which reduces the pop of art is nuts
aggreed with sweden.

Inca idk.. only seen trash inca players until now
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

For some reason, I think that Swedish with Manchu in Saloon are quite unbeatable in late-game.

A fully upped Swedish Manchu can have the following late game stats:
220g/2pop for 680hp / .4 MR / 48dmg (55 with Seminoles) / 1.5 rof / 15 range

This should be the best ranged cav killer the game. Manchus further have a *2 multiplier against artillery. In combination with the pop reduction card for artillery, this looks quite strong, given that you can easily have 25 Manchus to kill any cavalry/artillery + 10 horse artillery to thrash any infantry. Another advantage of this combination is that it basically only needs coin and Swedes have all coin homecity shipments available. You can just put all 99 villagers on plantations + 2 factories on wood for artillery production.

The only downside is that you can only build one Saloon. But given that the Manchus have relatively high HP, are ranged, and can be used more defensively, this disadvantage might not be too crucial.

For comparison:
A fully upped Russian Imperial Cav Archer can get
100f/60g/2pop for 625hp / .3 MR / 30dmg (lol, loser) / 1.5 rof / 14 range
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

dicktator_ wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:
What the fuck is that. Fish goes bad just like hunts do. How does the amount of food increase?
Austria OliverP
Skirmisher
ESO: OliverP

Post by OliverP »

edeholland wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes
What the fuck is that. Fish goes bad just like hunts do. How does the amount of food increase?
because those fishies in the box like each other.. after they get shipped they start loving each other and this creates more fishies
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

OliverP wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Show hidden quotes
because those fishies in the box like each other.. after they get shipped they start loving each other and this creates more fishies
Sounds a bit fishy.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

edeholland wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Never heard of surströmming?
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
edeholland wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I am sad that they gave them that as a source of food and not a weapon
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

helln00 wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I swear all the videos are exaggerated. I ate it with a friend and it really wasn't so bad.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
helln00 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I swear all the videos are exaggerated. I ate it with a friend and it really wasn't so bad.
I have heard that the problem is more smell then taste
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

Huh I always saw the fish card as like fish traps in aoe2 but infinite for ships to gather from
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

how does the TR community feel in regards to map support for their community with DE?

Is two maps enough? I tried to look out for you boys with Andes Upper & Incas
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Durokan wrote:how does the TR community feel in regards to map support for their community with DE?

Is two maps enough? I tried to look out for you boys with Andes Upper & Incas
Thanks for retooling a few maps for DE Treaty :smile:. There are a few other ESOC maps that are transferrable to Treaty gameplay, like Central Plains and Punjab that help.

Unfortunately the biggest playability issue is the map pool for ranked TR. It's too big, including too many maps that are unsuitable for it. My first ranked TR game I landed on Florida, where it was possible to build docks. My opponent got all 4 whales before I even realized water was possible on the map. Thankfully he didn't lame warships (though I didn't test to see if those were disabled altogether).
India TNT333
Lancer

Post by TNT333 »

Tier list currently in DE for treaty?? I guess Swedes top tier?