Steam Page Link to ESO-community

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Steam Page Link to ESO-community

Post by bobabu »

Can you talk to Microsoft and ask them to somehow include a link to this forum on their steam page or in the game? Because a lot of new players probably won't know about it.

Now that the game is on steam I also suggest making an ESOC steam group.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: Steam Page Link to ESO-community

Post by Riotcoke »

They have their own forum so they probably won't

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

If they posted an official link in a public place, people seeing that link would also get the impression that they endorse the content behind that link in some way. For a fansite they have no control over I think that's a tough ask, even more so when considering some of the controversies on ESOC in the last few months.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Thrar wrote:If they posted an official link in a public place, people seeing that link would also get the impression that they endorse the content behind that link in some way. For a fansite they have no control over I think that's a tough ask, even more so when considering some of the controversies on ESOC in the last few months.
Blizzard did the same with SC2 and advertised TeamLiquid in their recommended links.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Also pure noobs on this forum would annoy a lot of this community
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

aaryngend wrote:Blizzard did the same with SC2 and advertised TeamLiquid in their recommended links.
I think an important difference is that Team Liquid is a business entity that Blizzard are working with anyway and has proven that it can be held to a certain standard. If Blizzard is unhappy with something about TL they can reach out to the business and work it out, and both sides have an interest in maintaining a healthy relationship.

ESOC on the other hand is run by an association of volunteers largely by consensus with no person formally in charge. Moderation is sometimes inconsistent and the makers of the game would be risking their reputation on the members of a sometimes fickle community.
Of course it's not impossible for them to do that, but I think it's a much bigger leap of faith than linking to your established business partners.