Changes you don't like in DE

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America Inst
Skirmisher
ESO: Inst

Changes you don't like in DE

Post by Inst »

#1: Flamethrowers disciplined, honored, and exalted upgrades nerfed.

That was part of the flamethrower design. The greater bonuses to the flamethrower on upgrade had the following effects:

-Flamethrowers in Colonial could now be very weak. If you look at the completely exorbitant disciplined upgrade for flamethrowers, it's very obvious that there was a fear during the unit design phase that flamethrowers would be imba in Colonial. Making the Colonial-era unit weak, but buffing it a lot during upgrades was a partial compensation, but of course, all ruined by the splash cap on flamethrowers.
-Flamethrowers were less upgraded by artillery upgrade cards. The flamethrowers might be nice and all that, but the higher upgrade advantage meant that the actual 20% buff was closer to a 10-15% buff when stacked on top of the hard +30% buffs.

Since flamethrowers have been nerfed on upgrade power (but buffed through the removal of the cap), perhaps it might be a good idea to at least reduce the cost of the disciplined upgrade?

#2: nerfing of China village fattening rate during Colonial. Colonial is a tough fight for China and most China under the old balance system just FF and start from there. The fattening rate potentially gives China map-dependent colonial power; i.e, with the existing White Pagoda upgrade, China is actually decent on maps with lots of good treasures in Colonial because it's the White Pagoda providing the economic boost through super-hard treasure harvesting. Likewise, if there's a lot of herdables, you can stick in Colonial with the herdables functioning as the economic boost.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Re: Changes you don't like in DE

Post by look »

I'm just not satisfied with the poor optimization of the game..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Post by toriancarconn »

I have not found graphic settings yet that are more enjoyable to me than the graphics I have in RE.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

#trainablespahis
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Wc heros cant convert animals!!!
Spain pain train is real
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Apparently animals cant be tamed but humans can
No Flag iamgaming
Musketeer

Post by iamgaming »

Connection error in team game
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Nerfed Cuirassiers :(
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Chile BigThunderMan
Crossbow
ESO: KingErick

Post by BigThunderMan »

The entirety of the new UI. I didn't know they hired my local primary school to do the primary artwork.
France Syphax
Crossbow

Post by Syphax »

where are petards???
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

BigThunderMan wrote:The entirety of the new UI. I didn't know they hired my local primary school to do the primary artwork.
To me it feels like they got a somewhat decent graphical designer that has no gaming experience.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Chile BigThunderMan
Crossbow

Post by BigThunderMan »

harcha wrote:
BigThunderMan wrote:The entirety of the new UI. I didn't know they hired my local primary school to do the primary artwork.
To me it feels like they got a somewhat decent graphical designer that has no gaming experience.
Not even a decent designer. Look, the age graphics for 3 where hyper realistic, and everything they added is cartoony. That's the design. It's terrible. Add to it, the actual pathing through the game, the UI, added by the producers / developers, is not as good as before. The executives failed, and they failed hiring some chump to make clipart.

(Can you tell I'm displeased?)
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

BigThunderMan wrote:
harcha wrote:
Not even a decent designer. Look, the age graphics for 3 where hyper realistic, and everything they added is cartoony. That's the design. It's terrible. Add to it, the actual pathing through the game, the UI, added by the producers / developers, is not as good as before. The executives failed, and they failed hiring some chump to make clipart.

Always a pleasure to see you passing by, miss the days of me being a noob and enjoying your content
Chile BigThunderMan
Crossbow

Post by BigThunderMan »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
BigThunderMan wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Always a pleasure to see you passing by, miss the days of me being a noob and enjoying your content
You made my day mate, thanks!! :cry:
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

AOE3 DE is just perfect but if there would be any changes then they would all just be awesome. :P
Spain Arc_gu1ll3_sp
Crossbow
ESO: ArC_Gu1ll3_sp

Post by Arc_gu1ll3_sp »

toriancarconn wrote:I have not found graphic settings yet that are more enjoyable to me than the graphics I have in RE.
Has anyone? Please share. :(
Nambia Good_Goyim
Crossbow
ESO: Good_Goyim

Post by Good_Goyim »

The chat filter is a fucking disgrace. I can't even turn it off like in legacy AoE 3. Right now your entire sentence gets blocked if you drop a single Fuck into the chat. Also, dumb words like 'Three-way', 'Eye', 'Fornication', 'Sex', and 'Apartheid' are all blocked which is fucking pointless. I want to call people cuckolds in-game and right now i literally am not allowed to because it will transform the entire sentence into dumb asterixx. Fix this fucking shit.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Good_Goyim wrote:I want to call people cuckolds in-game and right now i literally am not allowed to because it will transform the entire sentence into dumb asterixx. Fix this fucking shit.
I'm not sure that changing this would be considered a "fix"
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Good_Goyim wrote:The chat filter is a fucking disgrace. I can't even turn it off like in legacy AoE 3. Right now your entire sentence gets blocked if you drop a single Fuck into the chat. Also, dumb words like 'Three-way', 'Eye', 'Fornication', 'Sex', and 'Apartheid' are all blocked which is fucking pointless. I want to call people cuckolds in-game and right now i literally am not allowed to because it will transform the entire sentence into dumb asterixx. Fix this fucking shit.
You disable it via your steam settings now.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

The calamity committed on the intro cinematic is insufferable
Nambia Good_Goyim
Crossbow
ESO: Good_Goyim

Post by Good_Goyim »

Mitoe wrote:
Good_Goyim wrote:The chat filter is a fucking disgrace. I can't even turn it off like in legacy AoE 3. Right now your entire sentence gets blocked if you drop a single Fuck into the chat. Also, dumb words like 'Three-way', 'Eye', 'Fornication', 'Sex', and 'Apartheid' are all blocked which is fucking pointless. I want to call people cuckolds in-game and right now i literally am not allowed to because it will transform the entire sentence into dumb asterixx. Fix this fucking shit.
You disable it via your steam settings now.
This does not work for me. When I go into account details > Preferences > Community Content Preferences, I have every filter turned off.

People should be forced to wallow in my profanity.