Old Players returning speculation thread

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Re: Old Players returning speculation thread

Post by toriancarconn »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Ye, would be cool if we all came back to EP but that's not going to happen I'd imagine.
Yeah, it would be strange, though. Such timing and action would mean "revolution". MS would probably bust EP's ass as they'd start seeing the people spearheading it more as competition than partners.

Let's name the things as they are: our community leaders have made a concerted effort to influence the makers of DE as much as possible, in the hopes to get a better game and a more relevant competitive scene. I believe it was the right decision and that in regards to both of these things, after initial growing pains, we will get there. If they decided to continue doing "their own EP thing", we'd probably end up in WOL type of territory. I imagine the people behind WOL are not at all pleased with their current situation.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

I think some people here forget the rocky start of legacy aoe3... it was even worse than DE. You couldn't properly play online for more than 6 months. Completely wacko balance too. Parfait had a nice blog where he described all these things.
Compared to that, even DE is a gift of the gods :ship:

wow 666 posts... I'm the :devilrazz:
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

look wrote:What the fuck is aussie drongo hahahah.. I never hear about him.I played that since 2007
Hes undercover as of now he said he was pr 45+ back in those days (prolly under different alias & managed to beat grunt 2-0) and now wanting to comeback and top the ladder.
:nwc:
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Anyone know if Blackstar op returned??
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

aaryngend wrote:I think some people here forget the rocky start of legacy aoe3... it was even worse than DE. You couldn't properly play online for more than 6 months. Completely wacko balance too. Parfait had a nice blog where he described all these things.

Yes, but we are 15 years later, what's the escuse when you work on a game that evolve since 15 years but you still make the same errors? so we restart with the same shitty error every 15 years because developpers are trash ? if humanity worked like that we would still be in the cave trying to discover fire
No Flag skandertayebi
Crossbow
ESO: skandertayebi

Post by skandertayebi »

aaryngend wrote:I think some people here forget the rocky start of legacy aoe3... it was even worse than DE. You couldn't properly play online for more than 6 months. Completely wacko balance too. Parfait had a nice blog where he described all these things.

Yeah it*s disgusting how ungrateful some people here are. Aoe3 DE launch is absolutely amazing compared to Aoe2 DE. Aoe2 DE wasn't playable in the first few months because of QS didnt work, they needed almost a year to have it run decently + fixing broken in game units.. stay calm and let them improve the game, it has huge potential :)
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

fei123456 wrote:I've played vs 7 old japanese brigadiers one night.
I have to admit this seemed quite hilarious when I first read it.

At first I imagined a bunch of 7-year-old Japanese children who are already brigadiers, and then 7 real hundred-year-old WWII brigadiers around a laptop :lol:
No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

Post by spadel »

skandertayebi wrote:

Yeah it*s disgusting how ungrateful some people here are. Aoe3 DE launch is absolutely amazing compared to Aoe2 DE. Aoe2 DE wasn't playable in the first few months because of QS didnt work, they needed almost a year to have it run decently + fixing broken in game units.. stay calm and let them improve the game, it has huge potential :)
that has nothing to do with ungrateful. A game is not a gift but a product, and the product is shit - it is unfinished, has poor designs, bugs & bad performance. The fact, that AoE2:DE was apparently even worse is a sign of the incompetence of the developers and not an excuse for future realeses to suck as well.
Germany InfernoXtreme
Crossbow
ESO: InfernoXtreme

Post by InfernoXtreme »

Hey guys!

after many many years i found back to AOE3 with the DE edition...and i´m thinking about the good old AOE times...playing tons of Games with The_Demon, Flooky, luigi, Starsky, Vid_, Naturephönix.....
my nickname was __exploited__

if anyone who knows me still play here, i would like to play again together and enjoy...just write me!

Steam/Aoe3DE: InfernoXtreme

Have a nice time :)
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

InfernoXtreme wrote:Hey guys!

after many many years i found back to AOE3 with the DE edition...and i´m thinking about the good old AOE times...playing tons of Games with The_Demon, Flooky, luigi, Starsky, Vid_, Naturephönix.....

if anyone who knows me still play here, i would like to play again together and enjoy...just write me!

Nice..
Now we have some good players kaiser diarouga mitoe etc etc.. anyone of these would be around pr 60 compared to the past

Welcome back dude
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I don't know you but I'll add you if you want to play.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Hello welcome back, I dont remember your name but I definitely remember those other old beast players. I was [TOAO] Slay3r back in those days, I was a lot worse/more casual back then. You might remember my name or [TOAO] Soldier. Soldier is my brother.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

TNT333 wrote:Anyone know if Blackstar op returned??
he said a few months ago that he doesn't even have a PC for TAD, not to mention DE...
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

ey __exploited__ I remember you from GamesCom in Leipzig, I think I still have a picture from that time.

I ofc also remember THE ONE AND ONLY Soldier who got pwned from a pro (me) on Yukon in 2006 (egopost):
https://mastersforum.de/index.php?page= ... adID=27594

I love searching my pc for old stuff :D
Attachments
exploited lolol.png
Great Britain Donye
Musketeer
ESO: Pink Charr

Post by Donye »

blasdg wrote:ey __exploited__ I remember you from GamesCom in Leipzig, I think I still have a picture from that time.

I ofc also remember THE ONE AND ONLY Soldier who got pwned from a pro (me) on Yukon in 2006 (egopost):
https://mastersforum.de/index.php?page= ... adID=27594

I love searching my pc for old stuff :D
Dat BM tho xD
Attachments
11.JPG
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

LOL I have never seen that mistake oO :D
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

I don't know you but I'll add you if you want to play.
I sent you an invitation.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Haha
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

Please be diarouga’s friend
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Shmras
Nagayumi
grunt
Aussie_drongo
Flooky
Daut haha
BlackStar? Veni? Umeu? GoodSpeed? Mike21Daisu?

More recent players, but man... I have good memories while thinking about these names.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Most of these guys can't play frequently anymore because of their other commitments. But if they would like to make a comeback. It would be better if they wait 3-6 months. For a better experience.
United States of America AONomad
Crossbow
ESO: AONomad

Post by AONomad »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
look wrote:What the fuck is aussie drongo hahahah.. I never hear about him.I played that since 2007
Hes undercover as of now he said he was pr 45+ back in those days (prolly under different alias & managed to beat grunt 2-0) and now wanting to comeback and top the ladder.
Aussie_Drongo is active on Reddit and said their old ESO name was Darkalbino_ btw, here's his post explaining his history / skill level: https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe3/comments/ ... ?context=3
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

ngl I was a little harsh in my initial assessment of his contribution to the aoe community
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Aussie_Drongo's AOE3 BIO:

In my first video, at 00:23 I reveal my ESO username, which was "Darkalbino_".

I first began playing AOE3 back in 2006 and entered the competitive scene soon after. I met a player named Braidon in a 2v2 on Texas, and we became friends, with me joining his Australian based clan. After our skill began to increase, Braidon, myself and Biob0b eventually left that clan and moved to FsE, who at the time were considered a top tier clan. While we were there, we were mentored by themosh and UnHoLy_SouL (who at the time were PR 40+ while we were only ~33).

Our rating quickly began to increase from the mentoring and from inhouse games, and we quickly rose to PR38-40, but we were unable to compete in the largest age of empires 3 tournament, which was known as the RTSL, because FsE already had a very strong roster (themosh, _h20 and UnHoLy_SouL).

After a few months Braidon, Biob0b and I split off from FsE, and created "LoSt-", where we planned to enter the RTSL under the LoSt- tag so that we too could compete. When the next season came around, we beat out a lot of strong clans, including FsE, to make it to the grand finals against SkWzZ.

At the time, if I recall correctly, our power ratings were Braidon (48) Biob0b (40) and Darkalbino_ (43), where we played against NaturePhoenix (50), Ourk (43) and Skipper (46)

They're hard to watch due to the poor resolution, but the games are available on youtube from the perspective of Braidon: and here:

I won't spoil the outcome for you. I hope that this can answer some of the questions you've got about my history.

I will provide the caveat that I've been out of the competitive scene for a long time. My fingers aren't as fast as they used to be, but a lot of what I learned and knew is still retained in my head. I don't expect to be able to compete with Kaiserklein or with other top players right now or even within the next 6 months, it's going to take some time to work on my APM to really get back to that level, but it's something I aim to do, and something I look forward to giving my best shot.
:nwc:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

just link the reddit post dood