Riotcoke's Ottoman Church FI

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Riotcoke's Ottoman Church FI

Post by Riotcoke »

Nizam Church Fi

There are very few things that I'm good at in AOE3, i've been a middling Captain level 1300 elo player for a while now so i've accepted my fate, however one area that i'm pretty good is knowing completely useless stuff within the AOE3 as endorsed by princeofkabul. So if i'm going to make a guide for anything it's going to be for some weird lame stuff that people don't really know about especially as some guys in twitch chats have asked me for a guide on it.

With DE the Ottoman civilisation got a new unit that was implemented, from my knowledge, to give Otto both a buff in treaty with buffed jans and a bit of diversity later on in the game. With the price of the church tech after the Ottoman Unique church card is sent being 2500w it's clear that the developers of DE tried to limit the tech from the reach of an average 1v1 supremacy game however with an unorthodox build order it's possible to combine the power of the Ottoman Fi with the new unit for an incredibly strong timing in 1v1.
The New Ottoman Mosque Card ImageImage The key to this build, the new improved Mosque card allows for an incredibly strong timing if the opponent is not expecting it. To cut it short the ottoman mosque card is unique in the fact that it only gives two unique techs whilst other European cards give 3. Ottoman missed out on the 'free tech' the most civilisations get however the power of the two techs that the Otto do get is relatively huge. In age 3 Ottoman now get access to 15 Nizam Fusiliers in age 3 for 2500 wood (With the added bonus of adding .5x vs cav on all inf) and 3 Great Bombards for 1500F in age 4.

These prices seem high however Ottoman also have access to the Mosque Construction card in age 3 which reduces the cost of the two techs significantly to 1000 wood for the 15 Fusilliers and 600f for the 3 Great Bombards, these two unique cards in conjunction are the backbone of the strategy and allow for such a strong timing.

The Power of the Nizam Fusiller - For a more in-depth look at the unit
Before we get into the build order itself 'self it's important to understand what the Nizam Fusilier actually does as it's not really comparable to anything that existed in TAD. In the most basic sense the unit acts as a strong musketeer with a base attack similar to Jans and a strong melee attack, however where the unit is interesting is how changing attack stances drastically changes aspects of the unit.

-In the default volley mode they act in a similar way to normal musketeers with 12 range and, in the industiral age, 30 attack however they also possess a 2x multiplier vs all infantry so in a head to head fight vs skirmishers the units actually trade incredibly well when in range.

- When in stagger mode the 2x infantry multiplier changes to a 2x vs artillery and siege unit multipler, Nizam fusiliers have siege resist so with their damage vs artillery pieces it's possible at a pinch to snipe enemy falcs with one volley relatively easily, however ultimately within this strategy this mode isn't incredibly useful.

-When in melee mode the unit acts more alike to the Swedish carolean with its speed increasing to 5.25 which is very useful for microing the unit and raiding. The downside of Nizam Fusilier in comparison to the Swedish carolean they possess a siege resistance rather than the strong 0.3 melee resistance of their Swedish counterpart so it's nowhere near as powerful.

- In defensive mode they act in a similar fashion to the mercenary fusillier with a 2x multiplier vs cavalry, this is the mode that works so well with the FI build order as they tear through both ranged and heavy cavalary like butter.

-Finally in stand ground they lose all multipliers at range but jump from 12 to 15 range, this mode isn't too useful apart from when kiting musketeers.

Another aspect of the unit that's particularly useful when going for a timing is its ability to autoupgrade alike to Spahi when aging, this allows you to effectively save 1200 resources and have incredibly strong units when reaching the industrial age.

Deck
Image The choice of cards for your deck is actually completely up to you, as long as you include both church cards, you want to try and stack some industrial cards because after all you're going to the industrial age, but don't neglect age 2 & 3 just in case you need to adapt. Remember that all your Jan cards will convert to Nizam Fusiliers so it's advisable to include 12 Jans and possibly 9 Infinite Jans in deck for that reason, other strong cards in age 4 include 6 Spahi, which also auto upgrade, two factories and two great bombards, i'd also advise Cavalary Combat and 5 Spahi in age 3.

The Build Order
Halfway down the page and we're finally onto the build order! Whilst playing around 20-25 games using this strat i've found that the way you play with it can either go down two paths with one being a straight Fi with the other being a delayed Fi with some fortress play with the 15 Nizam Fusiliers, if you can pull off the Straight Fi it's far stronger with the timing being very hard to hold if you're not expecting it comparatively the fortress play should both buy you time and deal with an early age 3 from the other player.
Straight Industrial
Fortress Play
Some Footage of the Stratergy

Versus @minimoult21

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlueAgileClipsdadJebaited

Versus @giveuanxiety

https://clips.twitch.tv/PeppyObliqueVulturePMSTwin

Full Video - Vs a Fake Rapha

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Re: Riotcoke's Ottoman Church FI

Post by giveuanxiety »

Real nice write up, I'll give it a read. Toxic twitch clip tho, BM and ego post. please remove. xD
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Post by Kickass_OP »

Omg Cuke´s strategies.
Great Britain Donye
Musketeer
ESO: Pink Charr

Post by Donye »

Those Bombards are disgusting
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Wow that unit's dumb as shit
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Nice strat, but I feel like the Fortress agenda (with shipping the church tech cost reduction) cannot be skipped so easily and you need to call your Nazims early in order to stop your opponent. I don't know how you manage to straight FI so many times.
Pakistan comradecommissar
Dragoon
ESO: ComradeCommissar

Post by comradecommissar »

I watched that whole video just for your conversations with fake Rapha. Gold.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

shit player shit strat shit units
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Added to the new Strategy Wall (note that anyone can submit, and staff must approve submissions before they're visible).
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Tried it yesterday and lost 4/5 games. Thanks Riot.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Tried it yesterday and lost 4/5 games. Thanks Riot.
Not skilled enough in laming

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Pakistan comradecommissar
Dragoon
ESO: ComradeCommissar

Post by comradecommissar »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Tried it yesterday and lost 4/5 games. Thanks Riot.
Hey he beat fake Rapha ok??!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I like the BO, it's a power spike akin to revolution.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

After dropping down to 900 elo, I can confidently say that this build is shit.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:After dropping down to 900 elo, I can confidently say that this build is shit.
I thought you were a good lamer ,now you disappoint me ,you should start playing india and get back your laming skills.
:nwc:
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Well, @Mr_Bramboy.. that is quite 'pathetic', if I may say so ^_^
i think in a 1v1 setting, you need to adjust your build pretty much all the time. With the straight FI, you don't get any units until you hit IV, you don't send Colonial Militia either, so your opponent is free to harass you as he wishes.
I think (not sure) more often than not, we are forced to ship the church cost reduction age3 card before 1000coin to get the Nazims out in early age 3.
Great Britain Donye
Musketeer

Post by Donye »

I don't even care if it's memey or not! Do you have any more vids? I enjoyed the above
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Donye wrote:I don't even care if it's memey or not! Do you have any more vids? I enjoyed the above
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/768173928

At the start of this stream i do it for the first two games, unfortunately it's Muted by Twitch, will do some more on stream when i have some time to though.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

did that particular noob know that jaegers have like 0 melee damage or what did he think was gonna happen lol
Great Britain Donye
Musketeer

Post by Donye »

Niiiice will watch later
Germany rnmrtzk
Musketeer
ESO: rnmrtzk

Post by rnmrtzk »

@Riotcoke inspired by your build I tried:
3v, 5v, 700g, the two church cards, 2falcs, 1000g, 8 jan(=fussiliers), 12 fussiliers, 2 bombards, (2 TC/Factory) to do a fortress timing into FI.
I aged with 400w and the fast age up. From 400 w I did Stagecoach 1 house and a market (for gang saw). In transition to age III I put all vills on wood to gather 1000w for fussiliers. With that build the fussiliers spawn at 7:40 and the canons I think at 8:20ish (depends on exp treasures). With that you can push nicely in many situations (at least I feel so) or do some pressure!. And with the 5 vils and stagecoach you have a pretty okayish eco.

After (or while) the push I am getting the church upgrades for my vills to fully utilize the church card. And I get the market upgrades. And some infrastructure. For that I leave the majority of my vills on wood. After that I am macroing for age IV (1000g politician) utilizing the 1000g card. Then I am sending 8 fussiliers (for holding and beefing up my army). Like you I'am macroing for Mercantilism and the church bombards.

I think you can defend a lot of stuff with 2 canons, 23 fussiliers and some jan... And the bombard timing is insane fun xD

Would like to hear your thoughts on that variation!
look wrote:I Opened the TAD today
it looks like i was in paradise
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

tested.. aproved and 5-0 easy..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

look wrote:tested.. aproved and 5-0 easy..
This means @Mr_Bramboy is bad at this BO.
Spain pain train is real
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

rnmrtzk wrote:@Riotcoke inspired by your build I tried:
3v, 5v, 700g, the two church cards, 2falcs, 1000g, 8 jan(=fussiliers), 12 fussiliers, 2 bombards, (2 TC/Factory) to do a fortress timing into FI.
I aged with 400w and the fast age up. From 400 w I did Stagecoach 1 house and a market (for gang saw). In transition to age III I put all vills on wood to gather 1000w for fussiliers. With that build the fussiliers spawn at 7:40 and the canons I think at 8:20ish (depends on exp treasures). With that you can push nicely in many situations (at least I feel so) or do some pressure!. And with the 5 vils and stagecoach you have a pretty okayish eco.

After (or while) the push I am getting the church upgrades for my vills to fully utilize the church card. And I get the market upgrades. And some infrastructure. For that I leave the majority of my vills on wood. After that I am macroing for age IV (1000g politician) utilizing the 1000g card. Then I am sending 8 fussiliers (for holding and beefing up my army). Like you I'am macroing for Mercantilism and the church bombards.

I think you can defend a lot of stuff with 2 canons, 23 fussiliers and some jan... And the bombard timing is insane fun xD

Would like to hear your thoughts on that variation!
The problem with this is i feel you're too late to age 3, sending 5v as otto is a bit odd as you'll cap out anyway 700w would probably be better first if doing sc early market just isn't very good with a 20 vill eco, An age 3 push is nice, i did some stagecoach builds which did work out pretty well but just played around with 400w age up and slightly later fortress and just defended the tp line with the 15 fusilliers which tends to do well at just harrasing age 2 armies whilst you get to 4. Overall the build seems pretty good but honestly the power in the build i feel comes from the auto-upgraded units in age 4, i know @Mr_Bramboy has been playing around with going 3 tcs in age 3 and going for a later timing and more powerful jans in the late game which might actually be optimal.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany rnmrtzk
Musketeer
ESO: rnmrtzk

Post by rnmrtzk »

@Riotcoke Yeah, I agree with you that the builds best power spike is Age IV.

"The problem with this is i feel you're too late to age 3"
--> What would be a good age 3 time for you? is minute 6:50-7:00 too late? ( I am not using the 400w+galleon politician to age but the fast age up one)

"sending 5v as otto is a bit odd as you'll cap out anyway"
--> I think that capping out is not a problem with your build. With the church card it costs only 40 gold to get to the next vill cap.

"market just isn't very good with a 20 vill eco"
--> yeah I agree that I could skip the market because I just really use it for gang saw
look wrote:I Opened the TAD today
it looks like i was in paradise