DE list of issues - official forums

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

DE list of issues - official forums

Post by Kaiserklein »

I figured I'd make a new thread about this to get more visibility and whore more likes: DE list of issues on the official forums
(Draft posted on ESOC)

Seriously though, please do like so the devs realize this is important. You can login with Steam apparently, so you don't even need to create an account. The more likes and replies, the likelier the devs are to fix the game.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia ChoppeR
Crossbow
ESO: ChoppeR

Re: DE list of issues - official forums

Post by ChoppeR »

Guys I note that Kaiser has now posted the list of issues on the age forums.

Please show your support and go and like the page...so we can get maximum traction with the list of issues. The bugs forums are very crowded with a lot of issues. A forum with many many likes will certainly stick out.

Thanks for your efforts Kaiserklein and others. The list is comprehensive. Hopefully if the developers require clarification on particular issues (I'm sure they will), they will be inclined to make direct contact with you or post within that forum.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Actually shift + idle vils hotkey seems to work as expected on my end? Do people here still have issues with it or do I scrap the change?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

For me it cycles to different groups of villagers, if I press shift and click on the idle villager number in bottom left. But only selects one in that group.
Using hotkey doesnt work. I'm using default hotkey setting. And tried with both normal and alternate idle villager hotkeys..
Haven't checked this again after recent fix.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Kaiserklein wrote:Actually shift + idle vils hotkey seems to work as expected on my end? Do people here still have issues with it or do I scrap the change?
Only selects 1 vill for me, rather than the entire group of idles.

Edit: Er, never mind I haven't tried the hotkey. I've always used shift + click on the idle notification to select a group of villagers.
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

I tested again just now.
Using shift plus hotkey doesnt select anything.
Using Shift plus banner of number in bottom left. Selects one villager from each group of idle as we cycle
Austria OliverP
Skirmisher
ESO: OliverP

Post by OliverP »

Before yesterday i was 12-1 in ranked treaty games. Yesterday i played 2 games: 1 2v2 which we won after around an hour and a 3v3 where the enemy resigned during treaty time. A few hours later (because the games weren’t registered right away) i was expecting a 14-1 score… but the score is 13-2

so one of the games, i expect the 3v3 was rated as a loss.

anyone had that one yet ?

F
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

OliverP wrote:Before yesterday i was 12-1 in ranked treaty games. Yesterday i played 2 games: 1 2v2 which we won after around an hour and a 3v3 where the enemy resigned during treaty time. A few hours later (because the games weren’t registered right away) i was expecting a 14-1 score… but the score is 13-2

so one of the games, i expect the 3v3 was rated as a loss.

anyone had that one yet ?
F for all the lost ELO
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Thanks bois, 100+ likes in less than a day, it's more than I hoped for. I'm sure the devs will have to take that into account now
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

I like it when sepoy revert is a critical issue
liked anyway my potato computer is too bad for shit anyway
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Mitoe wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Actually shift + idle vils hotkey seems to work as expected on my end? Do people here still have issues with it or do I scrap the change?
Only selects 1 vill for me, rather than the entire group of idles.

Edit: Er, never mind I haven't tried the hotkey. I've always used shift + click on the idle notification to select a group of villagers.
Doesn’t work for me either, only selects one idle vill with the hot key as well
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Austria OliverP
Skirmisher

Post by OliverP »

Posted this one on the forums as well: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/game- ... nce/106134

So basically wanted to play some multiplayer games… and the game crashed when i tried to join a multiplay lobby (4 games up till then were completely fine).
Wouldnt let me open in up again… so i shutdown steam. after that steam was not working. Then i restarted my computer which found my desktop empty… all files gone. and all taskbaricons being the same… couldnt open anything there.
I proceded to do a system recovery. which failed the first time. the second one did work. the files on my desktop were back except the pdfs i stored there (pretty important ones sadly)
im currently a few hours in in trying to fix everything. Programs wont launch, everything gone from chrome. all logins gone. ye i dont know how it is possible that that could have happened.

Not sure which additional information i can give because the majority of the system is not working properly atm. Also had to repair the age 3 installation which found 800 files missing.

Documents folder is empty and so on

sfc /scannow solved atleast a few things… but the thing that i cant launch programms still exists.

I talked to someone who had the same issue a few times… only windows recovery seemed to solve the problem for him. (Floko)

btw anyone got an idea how i get my pc working properly again ?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I just set up a restore point, heard several people with this issue.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

OliverP wrote:Posted this one on the forums as well: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/game- ... nce/106134

So basically wanted to play some multiplayer games… and the game crashed when i tried to join a multiplay lobby (4 games up till then were completely fine).
Wouldnt let me open in up again… so i shutdown steam. after that steam was not working. Then i restarted my computer which found my desktop empty… all files gone. and all taskbaricons being the same… couldnt open anything there.
I proceded to do a system recovery. which failed the first time. the second one did work. the files on my desktop were back except the pdfs i stored there (pretty important ones sadly)
im currently a few hours in in trying to fix everything. Programs wont launch, everything gone from chrome. all logins gone. ye i dont know how it is possible that that could have happened.

Not sure which additional information i can give because the majority of the system is not working properly atm. Also had to repair the age 3 installation which found 800 files missing.

sfc /scannow solved atleast a few things… but the thing that i cant launch programms still exists.

I talked to someone who had the same issue a few times… only windows recovery seemed to solve the problem for him. (Floko)

Factory reset your PC?
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Yea it happened to me on Monday, i lost 40 gb of my ssd data. Data deleted are really randoms.
Everybody should make a save of their data cause this might be the biggest issue of all.
Looks like it is existing only since the last update ? Could it be possible the steam installation/patch get compromised ?
For now its sad but byebye DE, i wont take any risk to have my comp fucked every 2 days.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN

Post by kevinitalien »

gibson wrote:I just set up a restore point, heard several people with this issue.
me too, delete 300gb on my ssd Tuesday
Image Image
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Oh i thought it was only for me when the 2nd update was launched it basically re-downloaded the game from scratch idk why ,hence wasting gbs of data ,how many times should i download aoe3 de man? i have downlaoded 4-5 times already...
:nwc:
Austria OliverP
Skirmisher

Post by OliverP »

deleted_user wrote:
Factory reset your PC?
was looking for something where i dont have to reinstall everything.. im stuck with a shitty connection atm.. so downloading 200gb cod will take weeks
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

now i'm afraid to even launch the game wtf
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN

Post by kevinitalien »

thanksfully my private files is on my external drivers but yeah........ im not afraid anymore, now my pc contain discord, steam and age of lol
Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I heard many people who had this issue, even noobs in the French community. I think I'll go back to EP.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

When you watch a replay, you get random chat messages from one of your last played games at the start of the game xD Kinda spooky.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Back Herd the Bisons to EP! :food:
Spain pain train is real
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

Cant get into games since like 30mins. Just stays at the connecting mwith other player screen. Anybody got the same problem?
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

OliverP wrote:Posted this one on the forums as well: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/game- ... nce/106134

Sorry to hear about your loss, now im worried to play but this forewarning has made me set up a restore point. I really hope this is a lie as i can deal with a game with issues but not a game which causes real life issues