Units Can Turn Into Gates

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Re: Units Can Turn Into Gates

Post by vividlyplain »

japanesegeneral wrote:I am not if it is a bug, i am more convinced it is a hack (probably not a useful one). Why did you try this @onfiregun17?
Maybe @onfiregun17 wanted a hotkey for gates?

I have this as a custom hotkey for gates on TAD. Never thought about using it on units though.
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

I still dont understand why they decided to add two new civs into the game instead of focussing on first getting the things right which already existed in the game. Now the developers again complicated things. People just never seem to understand that it is better to have simple systems in which everything works as intended.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Marketing

Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

vividlyplain wrote:
japanesegeneral wrote:I am not if it is a bug, i am more convinced it is a hack (probably not a useful one). Why did you try this @onfiregun17?

I have this as a custom hotkey for gates on TAD. Never thought about using it on units though.
Yep, I just copied over my user.con file from TAD into DE as they didn't add all the hotkeys into the game that I wanted and that's how I discovered this. Either way I just tested this on TAD and wasn't able to turn random units into gates, so this is a DE specific issue it seems.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

onfiregun17 wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:

Yep, I just copied over my user.con file from TAD into DE as they didn't add all the hotkeys into the game that I wanted and that's how I discovered this. Either way I just tested this on TAD and wasn't able to turn random units into gates, so this is a DE specific issue it seems.
Would you want to share your hotkeys? I haven’t ported over my user con yet but I have a flare hotkey, now useless Agra hotkeys, and gates.
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher

Post by onfiregun17 »

vividlyplain wrote:
onfiregun17 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Would you want to share your hotkeys? I haven’t ported over my user con yet but I have a flare hotkey, now useless Agra hotkeys, and gates.
I only have 4 custom ones at the moment since they added stuff for Agra, etc. and it seems you have 3 of them. The only one you're missing from me is the delete hotkey, so that doesn't give a prompt when deleting stuff. It's particularly useful when making pillarless walls (especially since pressing enter to confirm actions is bugged right now...) but you need to be careful as I've deleted my TC by accident a couple of times :lol:

Code: Select all

map ("delete", "game", "uiDeleteAllSelectedUnits")
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

onfiregun17 wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I only have 4 custom ones at the moment since they added stuff for Agra, etc. and it seems you have 3 of them. The only one you're missing from me is the delete hotkey, so that doesn't give a prompt when deleting stuff. It's particularly useful when making pillarless walls (especially since pressing enter to confirm actions is bugged right now...) but you need to be careful as I've deleted my TC by accident a couple of times :lol:

Haha I’ll pass thanks.
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher

Post by onfiregun17 »

vividlyplain wrote:
onfiregun17 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Haha I’ll pass thanks.
Actually just found one more that's interesting. When pressed it focuses the camera on the last mini-map flare, and when pressed again it goes to the second last, and so on and so forth. You can essentially cycle your camera through those flare points.

map ("m", "game", "uiZoomToMinimapEvent()")
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

onfiregun17 wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Haha I’ll pass thanks.
Actually just found one more that's interesting. When pressed it focuses the camera on the last mini-map flare, and when pressed again it goes to the second last, and so on and so forth. You can essentially cycle your camera through those flare points.

I have it too. Never use it tho lol.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

onfiregun17 wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Haha I’ll pass thanks.

You can just set that one up in the regular hotkey menu, it's called Find Last Notification.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

This is one of my favorite thread titles on ESOC.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Where you are at it, care to help?
viewtopic.php?p=494605#p493616
Image Image Image
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Mitoe wrote:Edit2: a user.con file also doesn't even work for me, but user.cfg does work (not for this bug, was testing +nointrocinematics)
Unrelated to the topic, but did no intro work?

Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

macacoalbino wrote:
Mitoe wrote:Edit2: a user.con file also doesn't even work for me, but user.cfg does work (not for this bug, was testing +nointrocinematics)
It works. You can do it by creating a user.cfg file under C:\Users\yourname\Games\Age of Empires 3 DE\looongnumber\Startup

Create the file and type

noIntroCinematic
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher

Post by onfiregun17 »

Garja wrote:Where you are at it, care to help?
I got this to work:

map ("p", "game", "tis(\"ypShrineJapanese\")")
But you'll also probably need un-map the house hotkey in your game settings as that would still let the monks train shrines using the house hotkey. So after un-mapping those you can try adding the following:

map ("q", "game", "tis(\"House\")")
map ("q", "game", "tis(\"Longhouse\")")
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

@vividlyplain No way to do it in the launch options right? (that's me being lazy to go into game files xD)

Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher

Post by onfiregun17 »

macacoalbino wrote:@vividlyplain No way to do it in the launch options right? (that's me being lazy to go into game files xD)
Currently there's no option for it in the game settings, so you'll need to do it as vividly describes. It literally takes 2 minutes to do though so not a big deal really.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

onfiregun17 wrote:
Garja wrote:Where you are at it, care to help?
I got this to work:

map ("p", "game", "tis(\"ypShrineJapanese\")")
But you'll also probably need un-map the house hotkey in your game settings as that would still let the monks train shrines using the house hotkey. So after un-mapping those you can try adding the following:

map ("q", "game", "tis(\"House\")")
map ("q", "game", "tis(\"Longhouse\")")
Where to paste the code?
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

macacoalbino wrote:
It worked. You can do it by following the steps Vividly described. No more mashing the escape key whenever the game is launching!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

macacoalbino wrote:@vividlyplain No way to do it in the launch options right? (that's me being lazy to go into game files xD)
Should work the same way, actually.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Are there launch options?
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Mitoe wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:
It worked. You can do it by following the steps Vividly described. No more mashing the escape key whenever the game is launching!
I just follow what GODmut tells me and spread the gospel.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
I tried it multiple different ways, with a plus before, a minus, no signal, capital letters and all small letters. I think only one of them worked but when I tried double checking, it didn't :lol: :hmm:
I'll try again soon and let you guys know how it went xD
vividlyplain wrote:Are there launch options?
You can access it by opening steam client > Library. Right click Aoe3DE > Properties > launch options :chinese:

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

macacoalbino wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
I tried it multiple different ways, with a plus before, a minus, no signal, capital letters and all small letters. I think only one of them worked but when I tried double checking, it didn't :lol: :hmm:
I'll try again soon and let you guys know how it went xD
vividlyplain wrote:Are there launch options?
You can access it by opening steam client > Library. Right click Aoe3DE > Properties > launch options :chinese:
Works for me (plus enables option, minus disables option):
Attachments
steam launch options.JPG
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

You ARE a literal god aren't you?
I feel it's easier to teach newbs with this method than telling them to go into the game directory. At it was less scary for me when I first discovered this tool!