Lag in DE

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag big_bada
Crossbow
ESO: Big_bada

Lag in DE

Post by big_bada »

Hey everyone , i would like to talk about that and get some opinions.

First i wanna say that it mostly happen when i play team , even more in 3v3.

I suppose it mostly happen when we are playing on a non-europe servor but when it is the case the game is legit hardly playable , with dozen of freeze. Tho the thing i don't understand is why do i lag like hell when i'm playing for example against opti and perez which are in Europe too ? I sometimes believe ESO was better with delay than this shit where 5 players lag like crazy and the host doesn't depending on the country he lives

I do have fiber and my computer is definitely able to run this game.

Before gettin brigading by all the 1v1 Pro with an OP computer and fiber that never had a single lag on DE , and that will say it comes from me , i need to say that i rarely had this issue in 1v1 ( once vs jeri but at the release of the game). Also some friends that have a good/very good computer also experience those lags

EDIT : Could this somehow have something to do with the issue we had with some players on legacy , like i know i had to put VPN to play with many german ppl
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Re: Lag in DE

Post by jesus3 »

The word "brigading" rises in popularity, I see
No Flag big_bada
Crossbow

Post by big_bada »

yeah i find it's a cool word :D

Thanks for giving ur opinion , it was usefull
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I mean my laptop is a pretty powerful one but I get lags as well in team or even just comp games. Definitely if one of the people playing is from a faraway server as well so you are not alone here.

Combined with the poor AI optimization and just like the scale the game turns into as the game goes late it does lag. Though I do find that you do need like red signal bars for it to be significant and often people just drop in that case
No Flag big_bada
Crossbow

Post by big_bada »

helln00 wrote:I mean my laptop is a pretty powerful one but I get lags as well in team or even just comp games. Definitely if one of the people playing is from a faraway server as well so you are not alone here.

Combined with the poor AI optimization and just like the scale the game turns into as the game goes late it does lag. Though I do find that you do need like red signal bars for it to be significant and often people just drop in that case
i basically never drop to red bar , only the yellow one , and it's definitely enough to make the game unplayable... IT's weird that u have it against AI tho
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

the most important question to me is how can someone be so incompetetent and not be able to fix the ladder after 5 days or more.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

big_bada wrote:
helln00 wrote:I mean my laptop is a pretty powerful one but I get lags as well in team or even just comp games. Definitely if one of the people playing is from a faraway server as well so you are not alone here.

i basically never drop to red bar , only the yellow one , and it's definitely enough to make the game unplayable... IT's weird that u have it against AI tho
Yeah I don't know why, though I have tbh my worse experience in DE (besides crahses) is better then the worse I have had in TAD, the lag never gets quite as bad as some games where I was basically playing turn-based instead of real-time
No Flag big_bada
Crossbow

Post by big_bada »

lordraphael wrote:the most important question to me is how can someone be so incompetetent and not be able to fix the ladder after 5 days or more.
yeah but i cba to talk about that , its just unbelievable
No Flag big_bada
Crossbow

Post by big_bada »

helln00 wrote:
big_bada wrote:

Yeah I don't know why, though I have tbh my worse experience in DE (besides crahses) is better then the worse I have had in TAD, the lag never gets quite as bad as some games where I was basically playing turn-based instead of real-time
Well the thing is it somehow waas fair on TAD because both had the lag , now only 1 guy have it , and very often for no reason , or just because the servor are far , which is not acceptable at all
It means that sometimes i can't micro in fight while the other guy can do everything he want
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

big_bada wrote:
helln00 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Well the thing is it somehow waas fair on TAD because both had the lag , now only 1 guy have it , and very often for no reason , or just because the servor are far , which is not acceptable at all
It means that sometimes i can't micro in fight while the other guy can do everything he want
I prefer the new one tbh, if it sucks then atleast its over quickly, nothing worse then playing a 1 hour game that was bad for both sides, its hell.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

big_bada wrote:Well the thing is it somehow waas fair on TAD because both had the lag , now only 1 guy have it , and very often for no reason , or just because the servor are far , which is not acceptable at all
Lag is never fair, it just lowers the skill cap. Essentially makes it harder for the better player (or the player going for the more complex strategy / unit composition) to win. It's an absolute no-brainer that the lag should only affect the lagger.
If DE lags like shit whenever your ping is a bit off, that's another problem. But definitely a problem yeah
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag big_bada
Crossbow

Post by big_bada »

Kaiserklein wrote:
big_bada wrote:Well the thing is it somehow waas fair on TAD because both had the lag , now only 1 guy have it , and very often for no reason , or just because the servor are far , which is not acceptable at all
Lag is never fair, it just lowers the skill cap. Essentially makes it harder for the better player (or the player going for the more complex strategy / unit composition) to win. It's an absolute no-brainer that the lag should only affect the lagger.
If DE lags like shit whenever your ping is a bit off, that's another problem. But definitely a problem yeah

Sure lag lower the skill , and it's fucking bad yeah , tho if i had a bad net i wouldn't complain at all but its not the case ( 3 ping - 600MBPS - 7000 MBPS ). But i'd rather have both player lagging , than one guy that can play and the other not , this is just stupid. Yeah you wont lag and u will win vs someone that cant play , good job , impressive strat ! And even if my ping would drop a bit , it shouldn't freeze at all ?
No Flag big_bada
Crossbow

Post by big_bada »

helln00 wrote:
big_bada wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I prefer the new one tbh, if it sucks then atleast its over quickly, nothing worse then playing a 1 hour game that was bad for both sides, its hell.
well you could just left before , but yeah sure it end quickly since u cant control a single unit
Colombia King_Felipe
Crossbow
ESO: King_Pipe

Post by King_Felipe »

I suffer a lot for this. The servers are so far and the game isn't well optimized. It's pretty frustrating losing games for being almost imposible to micro. In ESO I could play smoothly most of the time but now I always have yellow ping (and as big bada said before it's unplayable) and on top of that sometimes clicks don't register.
Also a couple of times the game just kicked me out with no reason (I had stable conection to internet)
No Flag juhjuh
Musketeer
ESO: MIstress_Shy

Post by juhjuh »

big_bada wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:

Sure lag lower the skill , and it's fucking bad yeah , tho if i had a bad net i wouldn't complain at all but its not the case ( 3 ping - 600MBPS - 7000 MBPS ). But i'd rather have both player lagging , than one guy that can play and the other not , this is just stupid. Yeah you wont lag and u will win vs someone that cant play , good job , impressive strat ! And even if my ping would drop a bit , it shouldn't freeze at all ?
atleast i can watch streams now while dropping out