Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Hotfix 6847

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Hotfix 6847

Post by aaryngend »

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe3de-hotfix-6847/

Good day, everyone! Today’s small update introduces a handful of fixes for issues that continue to disrupt normal play. The team is continuing to work on improvements to the game based on feedback and issues identified by the community, so keep weighing in on the topics that are most important to you on the official forums or Steam discussions.

We will be watching the performance of today’s hotfix as we continue to prepare a new game build with additional fixes and additions. We’re here for the long run, and appreciate everyone who has been communicative and constructive in helping us improve the game over the past month!

—The Age of Empires Team
GAME

Stability & Performance

- Fixed an issue where players would receive a “low disk space” warning when queuing for multiplayer matches.

Audio

- Added new voice-over lines for Chinese units.

GAMEPLAY

- Reverted the change which encouraged Settlers to seek out and collect distant resources, as it could lead to several unintended behaviors.
- Corrected an issue where the building and upgrade buttons could shift down in the UI after receiving certain cards from the Home City, thus making them inaccessible.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Hotfix 6847

Post by deleted_user »

wait, is DE good now?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Short changelist but at least they're working, nice to know.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

deleted_user wrote:wait, is DE good now?
I wanted to use the
meme but realized that I would have to lie in this case... so I refrain from doing it.
Nevertheless, it is fairly good now, with the shift-bug gone and more shenanigans fixed, like clicks not registering well.

But we still can't view Ladder page 2...
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

lol I was so surprised by the new chinese voices when I played this morning
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

Why did a 43.5 Mb update take so long for me to update... preallocating space took 5 mins, the download took 1 second then the disk usage was constantly at 100-150mbps for 15 mins for a fucking 43.5mb file this is insane
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Its the ransomware you got with the package deal
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

TheNameDaniel wrote:Why did a 43.5 Mb update take so long for me to update... preallocating space took 5 mins, the download took 1 second then the disk usage was constantly at 100-150mbps for 15 mins for a fucking 43.5mb file this is insane
The game basically has to reinstall itself as it checks the previous data first and then installs the new data.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

TheNameDaniel wrote:Why did a 43.5 Mb update take so long for me to update... preallocating space took 5 mins, the download took 1 second then the disk usage was constantly at 100-150mbps for 15 mins for a fucking 43.5mb file this is insane
same here.
:nwc:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

i feel like my performance has been significantly reduced, at least halved. i'm playing on linux. will keep checking

also random crashes keep going on. so far i've had my game completely freeze once on 6847 and twice on the previous patch
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

yeah your right its taking fucking ages to even start updating
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

Mine took a few minutes I swear? What potatoes are you guys running your interthenets on? You all live in the desert running sand fibre+?
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

CuCkO0 wrote:Mine took a few minutes I swear? What potatoes are you guys running your interthenets on? You all live in the desert running sand fibre+?
It's not about internet. The transferred files are in fact very small, but this comes at the cost of repackaging the game's huge data archives in order to apply changes. The packaging process can take quite a while, depending mostly on speed of the drive where AoE3 is locally installed.
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

Come on eaglemut, I couldn’t of made that post anymore sarcastic if I tried. You’re better than this.

But thank you for teaching me something new honey pie x
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

harcha wrote:i feel like my performance has been significantly reduced, at least halved. i'm playing on linux. will keep checking

also random crashes keep going on. so far i've had my game completely freeze once on 6847 and twice on the previous patch
I've played some campaign maps yesterday on my Mint and I haven't noticed any new performance issues. I'll try playing some MP today, maybe it's due to that in particular.
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

@ShinkuroYukinari seemed to run better after restart
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

This update seems to bring back the memory leak? After long teamgames, the probability of a crash is so much higher if you keep playing without restarting.
Had another crash while we were about to win that one 2v2.. I hope it wasn't done deliberately by abusing some OOS bug... :hmm:

Also, did the Hauds lose the 2nd wood crate at game start?? They start with 100 :coin: and 100 :wood: now. Did I miss something or why wasn't this in any kind of patch note? I know this was a hotfix, but the patch before didn't seem to introduce this change either.
How am I able to start with a TP every game now ?!? :cry:
Cba to find a wood treasure or gather myself..
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

I havent really felt anything, if anything all of my usual crash cases (long comp stomp games) seems to be gone
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

Correction there is probably a memory leak, its using 77% of my memory somehow, even on relatively low settings
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

helln00 wrote:Correction there is probably a memory leak, its using 77% of my memory somehow, even on relatively low settings
77% of what? and 100% of that 77% is age?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

helln00 wrote:Correction there is probably a memory leak, its using 77% of my memory somehow, even on relatively low settings
been having a similar issue. Sometimes the game uses 2 gb of ram, other times it uses 7 haha
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

harcha wrote:
77% of what? and 100% of that 77% is age?
77% of 16gb
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

aaryngend wrote:This update seems to bring back the memory leak? After long teamgames, the probability of a crash is so much higher if you keep playing without restarting.
Had another crash while we were about to win that one 2v2.. I hope it wasn't done deliberately by abusing some OOS bug... :hmm:

Also, did the Hauds lose the 2nd wood crate at game start?? They start with 100 :coin: and 100 :wood: now. Did I miss something or why wasn't this in any kind of patch note? I know this was a hotfix, but the patch before didn't seem to introduce this change either.
Iirc iro has not started with 200w in like 3 years of EPs
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

aaryngend wrote:This update seems to bring back the memory leak? After long teamgames, the probability of a crash is so much higher if you keep playing without restarting.

haud.png
From day 1 release log: https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe3d ... ne-update/
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Mitoe wrote:

haud.png
From day 1 release log: https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe3d ... ne-update/
But those are the Day 1 patch notes! I could SWEAR that I started with 200 :wood: some weeks ago... :hmm:
Thought that got changed in later builds.. I guess not...
Or my mind is playing tricks on me.. or did I play legacy during that time ??! :cry:
Too confusing, thanks anyway Michael :pop: