you have one wish:

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.

eh?

instantly become the best aoe3 player of all time overnight
22%
instantly make aoe3 become a game with 100k+ players at peak times, high stakes tournaments, mass appeal etc
78%

Total votes: 59

United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

you have one wish:

Post by Squamiger »

what's it gonna be?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: you have one wish:

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Best AoE 3 player, easily. Having the playerbase be that big would ruin the feeling of community we have, and me being the best player would annoy all of my enemies a lot.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Being the best player sounds kinda boring ngl.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Having a playerbase over 100k would suck in any way, so, option 1.
Spain pain train is real
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

D tier poll and you know why @Squamiger

But I’ll answer... having a playable game would be nice. That’s my one wish. Make it happen devs!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

EAGLEMUT wrote:Being the best player sounds kinda boring ngl.
If you're assuming like a genie is granting this then it would be great because you wouldn't even need to practice. Just randomly appear and crush others whenever you feel like
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Best AoE 3 player, easily. Having the playerbase be that big would ruin the feeling of community we have, and me being the best player would annoy all of my enemies a lot.
Seeing Ear being best AoE3 player would be like seeing trump president again tbh ngl.
Spain pain train is real
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Rohbrot wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:Best AoE 3 player, easily. Having the playerbase be that big would ruin the feeling of community we have, and me being the best player would annoy all of my enemies a lot.
Seeing Ear being best AoE3 player would be like seeing trump president again tbh ngl.
In terms of pissing people off definitely
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Imagine :ear:'s posting ability combined with balance talk. Something I don't think the world is ready for.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

wardyb1 wrote:Imagine :ear:'s posting ability combined with balance talk. Something I don't think the world is ready for.
The thing is if I was magically turned into the best AoE 3 player in the world I wouldn't give a shit about balance because I'd just be the best. In every thread about balance I'd just tell people to "get gud"
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Yeah I'm going with making ear the best player for pretty much all of the above reasons.
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

For real though it's weird that making AoE 3 mainstream is winning. The community would just become a toxic waste dump like every other huge game
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

is it not already a toxic waste dump
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Squamiger wrote:is it not already a toxic waste dump
Nah cool people still outnumber shitheads imo
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

Also to clarify, being the best aoe3 player of all time overnight doesn’t mean you get to stay that way forever. You just become as good as h2o and get the capacity to practice at his level, so you still have to maintain your skills somewhat but you can easily stay at the top of you play a bit
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Squamiger wrote:Also to clarify, being the best aoe3 player of all time overnight doesn’t mean you get to stay that way forever. You just become as good as h2o and get the capacity to practice at his level, so you still have to maintain your skills somewhat but you can easily stay at the top of you play a bit
I'd still take it, win one tournament, then badly maim one of my hands to have an excuse as to why I never play again. Gotta go out on top
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

Being the best without having to give up my desire for silly strats would certainly be interesting, but from experience in other fields where I'm... stronger... tells me nothing good comes from this. I don't generally like making people salty and I know damn well I would when I'm doing things like Canada bear attack and arsonist spam or something and still winning or at the least beating a significant amount of the player base. I guess given the explanation, it wouldn't work, but I don't want to be the best, I merely want to enjoy (something) the game.

As for the game becoming 'more popular', honestly player base size has little to do with how toxic a game is. No matter how big or small the community is you find people to interact with that you like and share your way that you like to play the game. Toxic elements simply stand out more.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Disagree, given the moderation of these forums a huge influx of new people would result in a much more toxic environment
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Actually, this would further motivate me to get better at the game in order to destroy you. Thanks for the boost!
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Did u just pull out a "no garja option" poll. These new ppl man.. @Hazza54321 give him the n word
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Easily option 2 because of that little afterthought "mass appeal". Think about what a big change in the general population that would imply. If the masses are interested in a game like AoE3, that means there's a market for RTS and we'll get a lot more good ones. It also means more people will play other strategy games like Go, board games etc. Last but not least, interest in strategy games correlates with intelligence, which means the average IQ went up by like 10 globally. That's great for so many reasons.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Goodspeed wrote:Easily option 2 because of that little afterthought "mass appeal". Think about what a big change in the general population that would imply. If the masses are interested in a game like AoE3, that means there's a market for RTS and we'll get a lot more good ones. It also means more people will play other strategy games like Go, board games etc. Last but not least, interest in strategy games correlates with intelligence, which means the average IQ went up by like 10 globally. That's great for so many reasons.
did you just pull that one out of your ass or do you have any proof ?
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

lordraphael wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Easily option 2 because of that little afterthought "mass appeal". Think about what a big change in the general population that would imply. If the masses are interested in a game like AoE3, that means there's a market for RTS and we'll get a lot more good ones. It also means more people will play other strategy games like Go, board games etc. Last but not least, interest in strategy games correlates with intelligence, which means the average IQ went up by like 10 globally. That's great for so many reasons.
Either out of his ass, or correlation/cause sophism.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

lordraphael wrote:
Out of ass. Which part do you think is debatable?
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

why would I waste my wish on Age of Empires?
spoiler