Any oldschool players playing?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Sweden aelena
Crossbow
ESO: aelena

Any oldschool players playing?

Post by aelena »

Hey my name is aelena, I used to play but quit around 8 years ago. I bought AoE3DE just to check it out and was wondering if any players from my time play it? And also if it is worth coming back to playing or if the playerbase is too small/mediocre.

Thank you and have a nice day
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Re: Any oldschool players playing?

Post by Cocaine »

Yo its LordKrol here. started in 2005. Been on since. I dont play DE I think its just bad. But you can find me under new usernames I am too ashamed to admit on here. Anyways. Hi.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Ye, I remember you, you were pretty good on nilla. You don't know me though, because I was bad back then.

Regarding DE, the game has many issues atm, but hopefully it will get fixed in the future. The player base is bigger than it was in 2012 atm, but I doubt there are many old nilla players who came back.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

@aelena were the guy who used to play dutch right & around pr44ish?
:nwc:
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Get the big @tibia back
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

Hi @aelena welcome back!
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Aw shit its ma boi aelena.
Pretty sure you would've been a top 3 TAD player if you had switched at the time. I remember you had a build for French mirrors that went stable (and 4v?) first and only mixed in the raxes with 700w and claimed it beat the then-meta Samwise build. It sounded somewhat plausible but you never ended up really showing it because you went inactive, or switched back to nilla, and then the game died.

I'm not playing though
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Goodspeed wrote:Aw shit its ma boi aelena.
Pretty sure you would've been a top 3 TAD player if you had switched at the time. I remember you had a build for French mirrors that went stable (and 4v?) first and only mixed in the raxes with 700w and claimed it beat the then-meta Samwise build. It sounded somewhat plausible but you never ended up really showing it because you went inactive, or switched back to nilla, and then the game died.

I'm not playing though
Without a TP I think the Samwise build is still better.
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:

I'm not playing though
Without a TP I think the Samwise build is still better.
TP's were 250w at those times and generated less exp so they were only used by ottos and spain probably built one during aging to age 3
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

I'm not playing though
hey man what's up, I saw you wrote on that best player of all time thread that I never went to TAD but that's actually incorrect. I played TAD for 1 month and got to around 2600 elo and pr 46~. Didn't like the game (Japan being extremely broken at that time) and I disliked many of the changes so I went back to vanilla
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

samwise12 wrote:Hi @aelena welcome back!
Thank you, I'm glad to see you're still playing the game and I hope you're stomping these new players
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

Challenger_Marco wrote:@aelena were the guy who used to play dutch right & around pr44ish?
Dutch? I don't know which civ I was known for, I played all of them so maybe I was on a dutch spree when you met me. And I was PR 50 whenever I was active but played alot on smurf accs because people wouldn't play me otherwise so I decayed alot on aelena
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

aelena wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:@aelena were the guy who used to play dutch right & around pr44ish?
Dutch? I don't know which civ I was known for, I played all of them so maybe I was on a dutch spree when you met me. And I was PR 50 whenever I was active but played alot on smurf accs because people wouldn't play me otherwise so I decayed alot on aelena
I think i obs'd your games a lot ,you had pretty high win rate & rank so ig it was you.You the one with lizzy pirate avatar right?
:nwc:
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Ye, I remember you, you were pretty good on nilla. You don't know me though, because I was bad back then.

Regarding DE, the game has many issues atm, but hopefully it will get fixed in the future. The player base is bigger than it was in 2012 atm, but I doubt there are many old nilla players who came back.
Really happy to see that the game is still alive community wise and doing better than when I quit. As for the game itself it's been a really unpleasant experience for me so far, so many bugs, crashes and badly balanced civs, units and maps so I really hope they improve on that in the future, but there's already been 2(?) patches so it seems they are working on it which makes me happy and I might stick around and play some more games
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
aelena wrote:
I think i obs'd your games a lot ,you had pretty high win rate & rank so ig it was you.You the one with lizzy pirate avatar right?
yeah that's correct ^_^ , can I switch to her on these forums somehow?
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

KINGofOsmane wrote:Get the big @tibia back
I can ask
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

aelena wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Ye, I remember you, you were pretty good on nilla. You don't know me though, because I was bad back then.

Really happy to see that the game is still alive community wise and doing better than when I quit. As for the game itself it's been a really unpleasant experience for me so far, so many bugs, crashes and badly balanced civs, units and maps so I really hope they improve on that in the future, but there's already been 2(?) patches so it seems they are working on it which makes me happy and I might stick around and play some more games
Ye lot of bugs and crashes, that sucks. Balance and maps are better than on nilla tho.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

aelena wrote:
I can ask
He streamed a few weeks ago - I think Tibia's been conscripted or something so won't be playing as much for the next few months
oranges.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Aizamk wrote:
aelena wrote:
I can ask
He streamed a few weeks ago - I think Tibia's been conscripted or something so won't be playing as much for the next few months
Damn imagine going all the way down from colonel to conscript
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Wait, when was tibia a colonel?
Spain pain train is real
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

aelena wrote:

I'm not playing though
hey man what's up, I saw you wrote on that best player of all time thread that I never went to TAD but that's actually incorrect. I played TAD for 1 month and got to around 2600 elo and pr 46~. Didn't like the game (Japan being extremely broken at that time) and I disliked many of the changes so I went back to vanilla
1 month doesn't count
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

Goodspeed wrote:
aelena wrote:

I'm not playing though
1 month doesn't count
I was waiting for this reply, you're getting predictable old man
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

aelena wrote:

I'm not playing though
Which patch was that?
No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

Post by spadel »

aelena wrote:
I remember smashing you on T_RAZ or something (or wait was it the other way around? :hmm: )
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

aelena wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
1 month doesn't count
I was waiting for this reply, you're getting predictable old man
Always was