Elo range in QS

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Elo range in QS

Post by Kaiserklein »

Please go like this if you think the current QS system is garbage and needs improvements.
https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/let-u ... nge/111586
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Re: Elo range in QS

Post by chris1089 »

Done.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Im on rank 55(+-) right now..
The problem for me is wait 6 min to the system decides to put me vs kanush for example.(200 elo differece)
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

look wrote:Im on rank 55(+-) right now..
The problem for me is wait 6 min to the system decides to put me vs kanush for example.(200 elo differece)
Dw kanush cant dodge you forever
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Would have to consider the options carefully, top guys could potentially screw themselves over if the ranges are not set smartly.

Often the difference between rank 1 and rank 15 can be 200 elo (this might even grow further.) You could potentially limit yourself to only matching like 15 other guys (assuming no dodging), and they'd need to be online at your time and in queue when you are and also setting the right range to not avoid someone.

For sure though it needs to be at a minimum the ~7:30 play limit removed or significantly changed.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

yeah i can see elo limit being making it easier to dodge
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Frankly, if you don't want to play against weaker players, just cancel the QS at 6:50.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Frankly, if you don't want to play against weaker players, just cancel the QS at 6:50.
tbh
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea I donā€™t really have a huge problem with the way qs works. It would be nice to wait a little less sometimes but itā€™s not a big deal. Time between playing being approx 5 minutes for most players is okay. The highest ranked guy in valorant at one point was in queue for 5+ hours.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

mad cuz bad
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

WickedCossack wrote:Would have to consider the options carefully, top guys could potentially screw themselves over if the ranges are not set smartly.

Often the difference between rank 1 and rank 15 can be 200 elo (this might even grow further.) You could potentially limit yourself to only matching like 15 other guys (assuming no dodging), and they'd need to be online at your time and in queue when you are and also setting the right range to not avoid someone.

For sure though it needs to be at a minimum the ~7:30 play limit removed or significantly changed.
I stole this and mentioned this on the official forums.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

chris1089 wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:Would have to consider the options carefully, top guys could potentially screw themselves over if the ranges are not set smartly.

I stole this and mentioned this on the official forums.

Were all so proud of you
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I understand some of the points made in this thread. However I don't understand how anyone can think it's ever okay to get pr 20s matched against pr 40s. The queue time doesn't matter, this match should simply never happen. And pr 20 is optimistic, I often get matched vs people using this kind of deck.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Frankly, if you don't want to play against weaker players, just cancel the QS at 6:50.
Yeah so by doing that
1) You need to stare at your screen to make sure you don't go past 7 mins
2) You have to wait again for a while, because after resetting the queue it will browse only in 100 elo range for a while, so you won't match decent non-top players in that time, and they might even find a game meanwhile
3) You're not even sure you'll get someone decent, right?

Yeah that's not a big deal, the minimum Elo range could be 200, or whatever other suitable number, if we're afraid of people dodging. Also let's keep in mind that the top 15 or so may become more "available" to match other good players, as they won't be matched vs random pr 20s anymore.
gibson wrote:Yea I donā€™t really have a huge problem with the way qs works. It would be nice to wait a little less sometimes but itā€™s not a big deal. Time between playing being approx 5 minutes for most players is okay. The highest ranked guy in valorant at one point was in queue for 5+ hours.
The point isn't so much how long you have to wait, it's more about getting trash games. I don't mind waiting longer, as long as I don't get matched against someone terrible. Cause waiting 7 minutes for a waste of time is really frustrating.
And on the other side, think about that casual pr 20 player who barely queued and gets stomped in 6 minutes by a top player. He could have been matched against someone of his level, but because on my end I didn't find a game in 7 minutes, I end up playing vs him. It makes no sense imo, it's unfair for him and useless for me.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Recently Hazza (I think) faced someone on QS who was like literally pr 5 or so. Age2 at 6+ minutes as Japan, lots of shrines in base without hunt, lost both explorers age1 for no reason, aged with the buddha.

Was sad but also hilarious
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

in perspective, the current QS is so much better than waiting in unranked lobbies as people leave and join and disconnect for 15+ minutes
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

yeah i certainly wouldn't want to make it so you are excluded from every captains QS elo range. For now retrying the queue every 6 minutes is the best solution, even if it requires a couple more clicks @Kaiserklein
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain Donye
Musketeer
ESO: Pink Charr

Post by Donye »

Y'all heard about git gud. Ever consider being bad?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Turns out pr 20s also don't like playing vs pr 40s.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

IMO I think minimum elo should be auto set by qs...but the qs should really try to avoid hitting that minimum as much as possible.

Might just require a small tweak to the qs algorithm.....Like a 1200 or below elo should never play a 1700+ elo opponent...regardless of how long the wait is.
Mongolia badger_prince
Musketeer
ESO: badger_prince

Post by badger_prince »

deleted_user wrote:Turns out pr 20s also don't like playing vs pr 40s.
I do - from time to time - enjoy losing (hard). Those are the replays you can watch and cry to learn from.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

I think the system might be fine but y'all playing against bad people who disconnects the router when losing or do cheat the system in some way to pretend they're high skill
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Kaiser is just jealous that he doesnt have the brain power to make that kind of deck
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@Kaiserklein pretty sure a low level player would have to be in queue for some time too to get you, at least if the system makes sense. Whenever Iā€™ve gotten someone in the top 5 itā€™s been after a few minute queue.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@gibson that's not how it works, people have reported starting the matchmaking and immediately being paired with someone like kanush. It seems like it prioritizes people who have waited long or people who are higher ranked.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Astaroth wrote:Recently Hazza (I think) faced someone on QS who was like literally pr 5 or so. Age2 at 6+ minutes as Japan, lots of shrines in base without hunt, lost both explorers age1 for no reason, aged with the buddha.

Was sad but also hilarious
no need to insult @Mitoe like that