Dutch Strategies, Build Orders, Replays, Notes and Matchups by DutchDude117 (aka "The Exiled Prince"))

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Re: Dutch Strategies, Build Orders, Replays, Notes and Matchups by DutchDude117 (aka "The Exiled Prince"))

Post by Jotunir »

Luciofrancosi wrote:
dutchdude117 wrote:I hate Sioux so much, I decided to never leave my base and just go for South Africa Revolution.
I even sent 7 sheep age 1 and found a 3 sheep treasure.
Just watch the this on x3 speed if you are going to open it.
Interesting stuff. I guess u can just stay in base and be as greedy as possible.
But yep, even though that civ is not really the strongest, it is the one I hate the most on this game
They are really obnoxious for the Dutch player.
China titanium_cn
Crossbow

Re: Dutch Strategies, Build Orders, Replays, Notes and Matchups by DutchDude117 (aka "The Exiled Prince"))

Post by titanium_cn »

dutchdude117 wrote:Since Dutch is primarily a reactive Civ, I decided to make a flow chart to help me decide what build order to do.
It is incomplete and still being improved, but it can mostly get you to fortress age every game.
Dutch Flow Chart
i love your Dutch Flow Chart.I think you may be an outstanding programmer :P
China titanium_cn
Crossbow

Post by titanium_cn »

dutchdude117 wrote:Portuguese:
4 Mortars airdrop by Frigate seem hard to defense
United States of America dutchdude117
ESOC Community Team
ESO: Dutchdude117

Post by dutchdude117 »

Ive got some spicy russian games that I just uploaded. 3 Dutch - Russia being the most interesting in my opinion.
viewtopic.php?f=982&t=22268&p=513894#p513894
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Jotunir wrote:Does anyone uses the infinite fusilier card in any game that reaches industrial?
:hmm:
ESOC Community Team

Post by dutchdude117 »

I've created a fun build to use against Lakota, involving live stock and mercenaries.
6 Dutch Lakota

you can find the replay here:
viewtopic.php?f=982&t=22268&p=513900#p513900
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

TP start into 3 vill and livestock pen+sheep as Dutch, what a time to be alive. We will watch your career with great interest :flowers:
ESOC Community Team

Post by dutchdude117 »

Had a pretty clean game vs Russia, example of why you need to build strelet and not musk in this match up
Attachments
5 Dutch Russia.age3Yrec
(2.49 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
ESOC Community Team

Post by dutchdude117 »

I am starting to have some fun with this age 2 Dutch: Skrim Huss play

Pretty good game vs sweden
Attachments
7 Dutch Sweden (Drongo).age3Yrec
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
Korea South ssaa22
Musketeer
ESO: Civalian

Post by ssaa22 »

Ik eis dit land op in naam van Nederland!
The text may be awkward using a translator, But I hope we can talk a lot about good things. GG
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

dutchdude117 wrote:I am starting to have some fun with this age 2 Dutch: Skrim Huss play

Pretty good game vs sweden
One of the most unexplored ways to play dutch but the funniest one.
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

I wonder if would be a good idea to change dutch crates to -50 food and +50 wood as I think it could help a bit with the early game.
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Luciofrancosi wrote:I wonder if would be a good idea to change dutch crates to -50 food and +50 wood as I think it could help a bit with the early game.
Would that help? It gives them an extra few villager seconds but makes it harder for them to age up.
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher

Post by Luciofrancosi »

chris1089 wrote:
Luciofrancosi wrote:I wonder if would be a good idea to change dutch crates to -50 food and +50 wood as I think it could help a bit with the early game.
Would that help? It gives them an extra few villager seconds but makes it harder for them to age up.
Just throwing some ideas.
I was thinking that since Dutch already ages up early, the extra 50w would make getting the bank in transition without having idle tc at the start of age 2 a bit easier. Also they would be able to pull a little bit more units early too.
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Luciofrancosi wrote:
chris1089 wrote:
I was thinking that since Dutch already ages up early, the extra 50w would make getting the bank in transition without having idle tc at the start of age 2 a bit easier. Also they would be able to pull a little bit more units early too.
? Does it though, that is my question? And also do you just end up with idle time before you click up instead of after you age up?
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher

Post by Luciofrancosi »

chris1089 wrote:
Luciofrancosi wrote:
Show hidden quotes
? Does it though, that is my question? And also do you just end up with idle time before you click up instead of after you age up?
You have got a point to be fair.

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

I actually dont think it would be too bad since they can get market and hunting dogs then for free
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher

Post by Luciofrancosi »

Plantinator wrote:I actually dont think it would be too bad since they can get market and hunting dogs then for free
Idk about that, usually you want to save your wood for a bank.
Maybe they can get tp, chop 50w for house and send 300w in transition for a bank

Sun Tzu - The art of war
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Well u should get ur bank anyways in most cases in Transition with minimal idle time.
ESOC Community Team

Post by dutchdude117 »

Not gonna lie this strategy seems pretty aids to play against.
But it sure is a whole lot of fun to play.
-Camp in base with 7 banks and colonial militia.
-Go for industrial with as few units as possible.
-Wall the hell out of your base
-Age with towncenter
-build towncenter with explorer
-3 factories,50 vils, 30 CDB, + all the other bonuses from south africa
-you have best economy in game just send in units to mulch them down until the end of the game.
-if they go imperial you must attack right away so they cannot upgrade their units
China Game 6
Russia Game 6
Attachments
6 Dutch China.age3Yrec
(2.48 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
6 Dutch Russia.age3Yrec
(4.36 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
ESOC Community Team

Post by dutchdude117 »

Dutch Vs Sweden fun game:
ESOC Community Team

Post by dutchdude117 »

Very exciting Dutch v China game, I feel like I am improving a lot on the positioning of my units in fights. I've really taken to heart the advice from mitoe/H2O from their stream talking about before you can learn micro you must learn positioning.
Attachments
7 Dutch China.age3Yrec
(3.56 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher

Post by Luciofrancosi »

dutchdude117 wrote:Very exciting Dutch v China game, I feel like I am improving a lot on the positioning of my units in fights. I've really taken to heart the advice from mitoe/H2O from their stream talking about before you can learn micro you must learn positioning.
I will definitely watch that.
I struggle a lot against china. I simply dont know what to do vs them

Sun Tzu - The art of war
ESOC Community Team

Post by dutchdude117 »

How to beat China and Germany build order bots 101
Attachments
8 Dutch China.age3Yrec
(2.91 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
ESOC Community Team

Post by dutchdude117 »

Fun game vs Inca
Attachments
4 Dutch Inca Halbs.age3Yrec
(5.19 MiB) Downloaded 6 times