AOE4 Tournament

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Hong Kong lordhung2
Crossbow
ESO: lordhung2

AOE4 Tournament

Post by lordhung2 »

AOE4 will release in 2021 according to commentary. May I request that ESOC invite AOE2 community at that time and arrange a "decades" competition in AOE4! We can send out our best players like kaiser, samwise, aiz, etc to form a team!!

I really think that ESOC has much better players than AOE2!!
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Re: AOE4 Tournament

Post by chronique »

lordhung2 wrote: I really think that ESOC has much better players than AOE2!!
I think the opposite ^^
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

yea aoe2 level is def higher
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

I think which "team" would win would depend a lot on the design philosophy chosen for AoE 4 though

And i think it is more likely to be similar to aoe2
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

can't really compare the level of 2 differents game (at top level I mean) even if the average level to be "decent" must be higher on a game with way more players
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Well yea no point to compare the top players of aoe2 who play h24 cause thats basically their job with the top aoe3 players who are "just playing" from time to time as a hobby.

Only piroshiki dedication to the game would be comparable.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Tbh if the game is as focused on micro as aoe 3 id be pretty sure kaiser would nuke viper (or whoever the aoe2 god is)
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

dude viper has ridiculous micro
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

My small time watching aoe2 streams micro seems like pulling cav away from spears and hitting the split group command for archers to dodge mangonals. Also quick walling and kiting xbow into tight tree chokes to abuse pathing and the fact xb kill everything
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

SoldieR wrote:My small time watching aoe2 streams micro seems like pulling cav away from spears and hitting the split group command for archers to dodge mangonals. Also quick walling and kiting xbow into tight tree chokes to abuse pathing and the fact xb kill everything
Sounds quite similar to aoe3 then ahah
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Great idea
[Sith] - Baphomet
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Presumably the aoe3 team is going to be wheeled out of the ESOC retirement home for the match on zimmer frames?

It would be nice to see people here do well - and well maybe a couple will, but overall I don't think we can expect there to be many ESOC ppls be super competitve at aoe4 unfortunately (at least the old guard, someone new can certainly step up.)

Plus as scram mentions aoe4 will be a lot closer to aoe2 which probably means it's skewed more in the favour of mechanics than the skill sets of top players here are.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I think people who have fundamentally good mechanics and want to grind the game can do well regardless of their background. It won't matter if you came from aoe2, aoe3 or some other RTS.
mad cuz bad
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

First of all, why do you think that 2021 will be the year we will see aoe4? I'm 99% certain it will be early 2022. Even if it came out, it will be some time until tournaments solidify.

Tbh, I hope it will be, even if that is for personal reasons! By that time, aoe3:DE is not brand new anymore and I have enough time to dabble into aoe2:DE. I want to enjoy aoe2&aoe3 DE as long as possible, plus I also want to buy a PS5 at some point :smile:
An early release would also lead to more bugs (most likely) and I wish, for once, to have a game that works like a charm from the beginning.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

harcha wrote:dude viper has ridiculous micro
Yea i know right and kaisers is rlly good
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

I think @Hazza54321 would have a good chance at being top 10 in Age 4. He'd probably do well in Age 2 also. If he wants to be top he needs to start spamming age 2 now so that he will be prepared for Age 4. He is in his prime and has a good speed and macro. As for Kaiser, I don't think he will be top 10 at the game if it's similar to Age 2. He will still be a top player just not competing among the best. @Kaiserklein has the hands of a surgeon. He isn't necessarily the fastest but the most precise player in the game. Age 3 rewards that while age 2 doesn't as much. You try to get a good unit combo in age 3 and then one or two big fights often decide the game. If the game is similar to Age 3 Kaiser could compete with Age 2 players though. His micro does hold up against them, his speed doesn't.
Turkey curvaFENER
Crossbow
GameRanger ID: 7807746

Post by curvaFENER »

Aoe3 is a game that requires more brain power. So esoc players more intelligent than aoe2 players.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

I would say aoe2 is so micro intensive & harder than aoe3 once you have good enough eco rolling out it's so hard to keep track of the production ,macro ,& keep track of units in battle field as they are everywhere coming from multiple directions.
:nwc:
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

curvaFENER wrote:Aoe3 is a game that requires more brain power. So esoc players more intelligent than aoe2 players.
I would say the opposite because aoe2 is a complex game and you can't predict things easily like in aoe3 you should have good adaption skills else you lose.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
curvaFENER wrote:Aoe3 is a game that requires more brain power. So esoc players more intelligent than aoe2 players.
I would say the opposite because aoe2 is a complex game and you can't predict things easily like in aoe3 you should have good adaption skills else you lose.
aoe3 is WAY more complex of a game than aoe2
mad cuz bad
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

The interesting part would be everyone is gonna be a noob at day 1 in Aoe4 ,ppl who have good RTS mechanics or have played aoe2 or aoe3 can perform somewhat better with their apm ,but the challenge starts from day 1 to theory craft the best builds for each civ and climb on ladder ,mechanics ,BO is the major part first then we can go like micro & multi tasking at tiny details to come out in high level games which is not gonna happen straight away so.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

n0el wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:
aoe2 is very easy to learn indeed because all the civs have similar units just the tech trees is diff for diff civs & castle units are diff apart from that other things are complex in what unit comp to go ,controlling the map is important is because you don't have gold income once they run out & collecting relics is important also even though you have good
run earlier and the game somehow goes lategame & gets better units he might comeback ,so learning aoe2 is easier but making progress to the top level is harder than in aoe3.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
n0el wrote:
Show hidden quotes
aoe2 is very easy to learn indeed because all the civs have similar units just the tech trees is diff for diff civs & castle units are diff apart from that other things are complex in what unit comp to go ,controlling the map is important is because you don't have gold income once they run out & collecting relics is important also even though you have good
run earlier and the game somehow goes lategame & gets better units he might comeback ,so learning aoe2 is easier but making progress to the top level is harder than in aoe3.
like any RTS game, the biggest thing that separates average and good players is macro. aoe2 macro is harder than aoe3, but not by much. there's nothing magical about learning the macro, it just takes time.
mad cuz bad
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Just send out the players with the most annoying playstyles instead. Kynesie, Turk, Tit etc. and they will resign without even losing

So ez
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Talking about intelligence from 1 game to another is not comparable @curvaFENER it is how it is ,the more time you invest the better you become ,I'm curious to see who will perform better when aoe4 comes out since there will be 4 types of resources it's gonna be tricky.