If you had to make aoe3 a three civ game like starcraft2, which three civs would you pick

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

If you had to make aoe3 a three civ game like starcraft2, which three civs would you pick

Post by Squamiger »

Or like aom I suppose

I think I would go with China, Aztec, France. You could tweak them to accentuate their particular characteristics. China could become even more of a Zerg civ. Aztec could get even stronger and more expensive single units. France would stay the same as the balanced civ
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Re: If you had to make aoe3 a three civ game like starcraft2, which three civs would you pick

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

It's a good selection. I may go with Japan instead of China (because it would be easier to balance them in a 3-civ game).
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: If you had to make aoe3 a three civ game like starcraft2, which three civs would you pick

Post by deleted_user »

I would go with France/Aztec/India
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Portuguese Japanese Lakota
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

African tribe coalition (or lakota), Brittish, France.

Britts would be like terran
France like Protoss
Tribes like zerg
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Spain Brit France

Never played sc
Spain Efraín
Skirmisher
ESO: Efraín

Post by Efraín »

China/India, France/Brits and Aztecs.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

france, brit, and spain (or another nilla civ at 2 and 3), because the 3 asians civ are cancer and should've never exist as they are, and the warchief civ are too unknow and unused (my reference is legacy aoe)
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

india- toss
russ/azz - zerg
brit/fre -terran
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Hazza54321 wrote:india- toss
russ/azz - zerg
brit/fre -terran
As a Protoss/India main I can confirm these two civs are identical. :P Well ... not identical but there really is something similar about the two, I don't think it's a coincidence I played these the most.

Terran is obviously either brit/fre.

Zerg is the one I would struggle with most to find anything comparable, yea russia has the swarm factor but it doesn't have the 500 apm, smash your keyboard, I'm such a nerd and superior to you aura that it needs to capture that Zerg feeling.
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

well zerg imo clearly is aztec. the micro potential on your mace is insane, so high apm is definitely nice here

terran ofc france
and yea india
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

WickedCossack wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:india- toss
russ/azz - zerg
brit/fre -terran
As a Protoss/India main I can confirm these two civs are identical. :P Well ... not identical but there really is something similar about the two, I don't think it's a coincidence I played these the most.

Terran is obviously either brit/fre.

Zerg is the one I would struggle with most to find anything comparable, yea russia has the swarm factor but it doesn't have the 500 apm, smash your keyboard, I'm such a nerd and superior to you aura that it needs to capture that Zerg feeling.
Make it russia but without batch training
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

Jerimuno wrote:well zerg imo clearly is aztec. the micro potential on your mace is insane, so high apm is definitely nice here

terran ofc france
and yea india
Zerg isnt Aztec at all. Zerg are a super economical, lategame oriented race. They are more like portugal with the extra TCs and their inherent defensiveness (mimicking the queens + larva mechanic allowing for massing a ton of drones).

I could consider Russia, but the rushing with map control is just not how zerg plays.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Spain in the eco way is quite similar to zerg with rods
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

France French and Baguette
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

India Japan China
Fine line to something great is a strange change.