Update 13088

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Re: Update 13088

Post by TheNameDaniel »

Garja wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Sweden have been nerfed to the shitter though
The only net nerf is the -100f at start. Torp cost, range and card was a fine nerf and balanced by the easiest access to mercenaries. Caroleans change is legit and it's not even quite a nerf. 3 huss card also balances their colonial.
Blueberries change mate and the coin thing
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon
ESO: WoodPusher

Post by uberjz »

For those unaware Blueberries now no longer affects newly built torps, making it a terrible card
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Good design changes to Swede but they’re probably bottom tier now, or close to it at least.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Garja wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Sweden have been nerfed to the shitter though
The only net nerf is the -100f at start. Torp cost, range and card was a fine nerf and balanced by the easiest access to mercenaries. Caroleans change is legit and it's not even quite a nerf. 3 huss card also balances their colonial.
???
Ironworks nerf, blueberries nerf (only affects preexisting torps so its a lategame card) snaplock nerf , lack of age up range (to compensate the +2 range i guess), no mulitplier vs goon anymore, torp cost.

3 huss added i dislike as they have many unit shipments and no need for more.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

TheNameDaniel wrote: Blueberries change mate and the coin thing
Coin thing is the torp card? I think that's just a legit nerf.
It's not clear if blueberry now only changes the previously spawned berry bushes or it also does that in addition to the previous effect.
Hazza54321 wrote: Ironworks nerf, blueberries nerf (only affects preexisting torps so its a lategame card) snaplock nerf , lack of age up range (to compensate the +2 range i guess), no mulitplier vs goon anymore, torp cost.

3 huss added i dislike as they have many unit shipments and no need for more.
Ironworks is still going to be good, it was retarded even at 125%. Snaplock and age up range nerfs are compensated by the +2 range from default which is simply better. No multiplier vs goons but they get easier access to jaegers or fusilliers so not huge deal. Torp cost is legit nerf, manors cost 135w, torps at the very least should be 125w.

Honestly I'd rather play this version of swedes, not because it's stronger but because it's more balanced and still decent+. The only thing I'm not sure of is the wood/food change swap when the civ already starts with 5v only.
Image Image Image
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

I think with the blueberry nerf the nerf to ironwork is definitely unwarranted. But the nerf to the late game caroleans where needed for team and treaty balance (I'm surprised they did not nerf the 30% range resist and the artillery bonus tbh).
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Finally, they're aiming to the right way with caroleans.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:I think with the blueberry nerf the nerf to ironwork is definitely unwarranted. But the nerf to the late game caroleans where needed for team and treaty balance (I'm surprised they did not nerf the 30% range resist and the artillery bonus tbh).
I think it's quite the opposite. Late game caroleans being OP is fine. Half of civs have one OP unit. However torps were simply OP to the point the civ could win with a military handicap due to sheer resource income.
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Carolean aren’t even op late game, they lose hard to cir skirms and do poorly vs heavy cav when compared to other musk. They’re just good mid game when Swede can spam 100 of them
Howdah

Garja wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:I think with the blueberry nerf the nerf to ironwork is definitely unwarranted. But the nerf to the late game caroleans where needed for team and treaty balance (I'm surprised they did not nerf the 30% range resist and the artillery bonus tbh).
I think it's quite the opposite. Late game caroleans being OP is fine. Half of civs have one OP unit. However torps were simply OP to the point the civ could win with a military handicap due to sheer resource income.
Late game caroleans where more than OP, they were broken. They deleted goons and heavy cav, beat other musks with their range resist and better range - coupled with the super strong hussars and OP artillery (caseshot, reduced pop, mortars that shoot units...), they formed an invincible composition (I'm speaking late game/team game/treaty obviously).
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I don't see it being invincible when other civs have skirms.
Image Image Image
United States of America KnArLoC
Crossbow
ESO: KnArLoC

Post by KnArLoC »

Does anyone know what the new team map pool consists of exactly? I'm assuming they changed the pool based on this "Ranked Treaty and Team Games will now pick from their own map pools."
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

I didnt get the papal guard politican change tbh. They say "Now enables Guard Bow/Pike upgrades to be researched at no cost rather than activating them and their prerequisites instantly" and then " Reduces the cost of royal Guard upgrade from 1000/gold and coin to 300/gold and coin". So does the upgrade cost 300/gold and wood or is it for free?
Spain pain train is real
Howdah

Rohbrot wrote:I didnt get the papal guard politican change tbh. They say "Now enables Guard Bow/Pike upgrades to be researched at no cost rather than activating them and their prerequisites instantly" and then " Reduces the cost of royal Guard upgrade from 1000/gold and coin to 300/gold and coin". So does the upgrade cost 300/gold and wood or is it for free?
Simple guard ups are free. Royal guard is 300/300 instead of 1000/1000, which means you get the guard up for free and a 100/100 discount on the royal part.
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

harcha wrote:@Lukas_L99 were they supposed to guess that it needs a buff or did you actually make a thread?
You even posted in his thread, lol.
European Union Scroogie
Lancer
ESO: Scroogie
GameRanger ID: 10056919

Post by Scroogie »

No obscured unit alpha :(
Me being slightly ahead vs H2O: Image
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:I didnt get the papal guard politican change tbh. They say "Now enables Guard Bow/Pike upgrades to be researched at no cost rather than activating them and their prerequisites instantly" and then " Reduces the cost of royal Guard upgrade from 1000/gold and coin to 300/gold and coin". So does the upgrade cost 300/gold and wood or is it for free?
Simple guard ups are free. Royal guard is 300/300 instead of 1000/1000, which means you get the guard up for free and a 100/100 discount on the royal part.
I dont get it, so it costs 300/300 wood and gold to research guard pike and what is with the Vet ups?
Spain pain train is real
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

I don't know if Sweden would still being considered as a booming civ but I'd like to see if their strats develop into more aggressive build orders as is was intended to be.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@Rohbrot You research them yourself.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

harcha wrote:@Rohbrot You research them yourself.
But whats the cost to reasearch now Guard Bow/Pike, is it 300/gold and wood?
Spain pain train is real
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

As it says 300/300
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

harcha wrote:As it says 300/300
Okay, thanks.
Spain pain train is real
Australia Kawapasaka
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kawapasaka »

The Sweden nerfs seem a bit excessive, but I'm a big fan of all the Carolean changes, especially the removal of the ranged cav multiplier. This is a great discouragement to the eternal 2-unit composition since you can actually make goons now. I imagine their alternatives might still need some buffs, though.
Howdah

Rohbrot wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
I dont get it, so it costs 300/300 wood and gold to research guard pike and what is with the Vet ups?
You know guard ups are 600/600 and royal guard are 1000/1000 ? Now guard will be free and royal guard will be 300/300.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

I liked the "age2 fussiliers card changed from 4 to 3 fussilier for 400coin and the hakkapelit RR buff to 20%. The Merc change could be too good but that needs to be tested, i guess. The torp nerfs seem too much, but idk if its better now for the games balance.
Spain pain train is real