Cheater or Spain age 1 cards broken?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Australia Patrick20872
Skirmisher
ESO: Patrick20872

Cheater or Spain age 1 cards broken?

Post by Patrick20872 »

Edit: Never mind I didn't know about the logistician politician. Feel free to delete this post.
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (1).png
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: Spain age 1 cards broken?

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Prolly not about the age 1 cards it's the Logistician politician.
:nwc:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: Cheater or Spain age 1 cards broken?

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

The Spanish Logistician allows you to do that. The build is a bit slower as you age with 900f and no tower but if you can get into this position you're in a good spot, especially with SG you get 1200 resource crates.
Korea South ssaa22
Musketeer
ESO: Civalian

Post by ssaa22 »

It is a pity that it is not well known, even though it is a pretty good Spanish strategy.
The text may be awkward using a translator, But I hope we can talk a lot about good things. GG
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

I’ve messed with it a lot. It’s not great. Even if you send your second age 1 shipment in transition to get it to arrive as you arrive in age 2 you are still behind the curve. It’s not unusable but it requires a completely different build and honestly I’m not sure Spain is equipped for that. It’s better in team though where there is more emphasis on economy.

The biggest issue is that unit upgrades and shipments don’t count for it aside from colonial militia. If towers did more damage rather then just getting more health and being annoying, it ‘could’ be more viable.
Spain Hago the carrier
Crossbow

Post by Hago the carrier »

Well, it gots advantage that some age 1 ubgrades got bigger value with it than some age 2 cards. And i love that i dont have to regret sending inquisition, archaic infantry training, eco theory or 7 sheep. And as ausie drongo said in one of his first videos it is good fuel for age 2 game with infinite 400 wood +200 food + 100 gold for easy musket macro. with enought wood for houses and infrastructure.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

ssaa22 wrote:It is a pity that it is not well known, even though it is a pretty good Spanish strategy.
Logistician politician is garbage, your age 1 shipement are not better than age 2 regular shipement (400w 200f 100g are not a great shipement, 700w 600w 700g are better and you have others great shipement like 5v etc...), and you get a maluce by aging with this politician (because of 900f and no crate).
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Lol Swalmy
Spain pain train is real
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Holy cow, when I first took a look at this thread, my first impression was that this topic was created by Rohbrot (the avatar didn't help here!) then I read the name and was like "Pheeew right. No way Rohbrot would get things so wrong, though DE can be confusing at first :smile: )
Spain Hago the carrier
Crossbow

chronique wrote:
ssaa22 wrote:It is a pity that it is not well known, even though it is a pretty good Spanish strategy.
Logistician politician is garbage, your age 1 shipement are not better than age 2 regular shipement (400w 200f 100g are not a great shipement, 700w 600w 700g are better and you have others great shipement like 5v etc...), and you get a maluce by aging with this politician (because of 900f and no crate).
What about longer age 2? its common practice to send shipment in transition, so you get it on age up. Spain is probaly only one who can get his 3th right on age up so you go continully. Also if you were in need of sending colonial militia, which is used sometimes, you would get it all back. and the shipments will come quicker. aside from 7 rods from resources you can get musk or huss. and 400w 200 food 100 gold can be send infinite times.
+ thoose age 1 cards actually become viable.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

@Hago the carrier
Because your don't get more value from your 2th age1 shipement with logictisan politician. You can get +100w/100g/200f from those shipement but that juste a compensation for not getting crate from the age up (what is better 100w/100g/200f or 200g + tower?) and you are 25 sec slower. And then, 700w/700g/600w are still better than 300w + 400res.
Spain Hago the carrier
Crossbow

chronique wrote:@Hago the carrier
Because your don't get more value from your 2th age1 shipement with logictisan politician. You can get +100w/100g/200f from those shipement but that juste a compensation for not getting crate from the age up (what is better 100w/100g/200f or 200g + tower?) and you are 25 sec slower. And then, 700w/700g/600w are still better than 300w + 400res.
what i meant by comparision was meant as: furier or eco theory vs spice trade. or 7 sheep + homestead + 400 res which i think is quite good. Again i am talking about prolonged colonial. and 600w vs 400w + 200f +100 coin is kinda equal and you can send it infinite times. You are right in stating that that first shipment make it equall at most and tower is better + you used 300 res instead of 700. But you got that shipment send earlier. sometimes people used 2nd shipment in 1st age. I just think that it gots it uses in certain situation. especially in teamgames where their teamcards can finally be used -inquisition, team archaic training, iron monger or coastall defence arent normally worth it, but when you got +400 res compensation its more worth to send. And at least you got more choice of cards in age 2 to send.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Hago the carrier wrote:
chronique wrote:@Hago the carrier
what i meant by comparision was meant as: furier or eco theory vs spice trade. or 7 sheep + homestead + 400 res which i think is quite good. Again i am talking about prolonged colonial. and 600w vs 400w + 200f +100 coin is kinda equal and you can send it infinite times. You are right in stating that that first shipment make it equall at most and tower is better + you used 300 res instead of 700. But you got that shipment send earlier. sometimes people used 2nd shipment in 1st age. I just think that it gots it uses in certain situation. especially in teamgames where their teamcards can finally be used -inquisition, team archaic training, iron monger or coastall defence arent normally worth it, but when you got +400 res compensation its more worth to send. And at least you got more choice of cards in age 2 to send.
In which MU do you want a prolonged colonial?
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Spain Hago the carrier
Crossbow

In match where i just don´t simly go FF. I know that 80 percent of people here as spanish go for FF. Its just that i also like some colonial spain too. There were a lots of builds that may be gimmick and worked too. Look on aizamk for example.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

The logistician is also the go-to politician for Spain in treaty - which already means he has more use than at least 50% of the age up politicians...
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

Hago the carrier wrote:In match where i just don´t simly go FF. I know that 80 percent of people here as spanish go for FF. Its just that i also like some colonial spain too. There were a lots of builds that may be gimmick and worked too. Look on aizamk for example.
You can play age 2 with spain (it's not the best but you can) but 500f or 200g + tower is still better
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

chronique wrote:
My man how you doing? I remember our game froze unexpectedly as you were losing one time.. I hope you're doing great man :)
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

France chronique
Advanced Player

Post by chronique »

@Cocaine wut? i have never meet you in game
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

chronique wrote:@Cocaine wut? i have never meet you in game
Oh u have.. its okay.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Cocaine wrote:
chronique wrote:
My man how you doing? I remember our game froze unexpectedly as you were losing one time.. I hope you're doing great man :)
Monster truck him did you?
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

@aaryngend i will try to play my first game against a player who does stream at the time to say "GGEZ, first game bash noob" and if i lose nobody will know that it was me.
Spain pain train is real