Buff China, Aztecs and Sweeden a bit.

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Spain Efraín
Skirmisher
ESO: Efraín

Buff China, Aztecs and Sweeden a bit.

Post by Efraín »

The Chinese and the Swedes deserve a buff to be able to compete better in second age.

The cuts to Sweden, despite having a large heavy infantry and brutal economy, were excessive and failed to make it competitive enough.

The Chinese need a little more strength in second age (since they have a vulnerable and late ff), for one thing it is that main China is not seen much.

The Aztecs are hopeless: D.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: Buff China, Aztecs and Sweeden a bit.

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Agreed but you should say that in the official forum.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

And russia and dutch
France Zanerre
Skirmisher
ESO: empireboss

Post by Zanerre »

the 200w 150g for up units in vet was good thing on EP for russian srsly

Maybe too op on EP but I think it's fair on DE
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

tbh for china age 2, I dont think you need to do much, i think even just cheaper castles or like an age up with a castle rickshaw is enough. Its defensive, it allows for age 2 forwards with Mongolian army.

Other crazy buff ideas would be to buff mongolian scourge ( 10% attack along with the multipliers) and or moving beiyang army to age 2 - keeping the free vet upgrade but send less units
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

The suggestion I would make :
1) Russia: cheaper veteran upgrades to help their transition to fortress.
2) Dutch: logistician cost decrease to 800f might just make it useful against colonial civs. I really like the suggestion of a free envoy at each age as it is the kind of buff that really helps skilled players without risking making a civ to strong.
3) China: serious buff to all colonial wonders except the summer palace.
4) Sweden: bring back the old blueberry with a slight nerf to the gather rate and food total of the blueberry bush. If really needed, a slight buff to the cost of their mercenaries (like 5%).
5) Aztecs: Not a clue.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Are warrior priest 0 pop on DE?
Aztec are quite slow and inflexible, idk how you can actually buff them in a good way. Also haven't played much Aztec since EP6.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Aztec +10 hp to coyotes, and the civ would still be in the lower tiers.
Korea South ssaa22
Musketeer
ESO: Civalian

Post by ssaa22 »

Before buffing them, you need to discuss their strengths. If their strength is powerful, they can be buffed and evaluated as OP.
The text may be awkward using a translator, But I hope we can talk a lot about good things. GG
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Well coyotes are just trash lol
Howdah

I would probably buff JKP speed and cost in exchange for some nerfs to their late game ups (because they are already good in treaty) and I'd do something to bring back the old FI (a buff to skull knight production rate ?).
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Aztecs are actually a good civ. It's just that when it comes to Ports or Fre those civs got undeservedly buffed.
And again, you have to grind games with Aztecs. Can't just do a cookie cutter strat and expect to win easy (even tho with buffs it gets closer to that).
There are ways to buff the civ of course. The easiest and probably most definitive way would be to give +2 range to maces and some sort of eco buff like a sort of steel traps tech or some farm gathering enhancement.
Image Image Image
Howdah

Garja has a point in that I'd look at nerfing top civ before than buffing bottom civ to avoid power creep.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:Garja has a point in that I'd look at nerfing top civ before than buffing bottom civ to avoid power creep.
It's easier to buff civs than to nerf civs.
Like what civ are you going to nerf ? You'd need to nerf like 7-8 civs, and people would complain about it + Microsoft would surely fuck up and overnerf some civs.
When you have 4-5 bad civs and 11-12 balanced civs, it makes more sense to buff the underpowered civ than to nerf all the good civs.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote: 4) Sweden: bring back the old blueberry with a slight nerf to the gather rate and food total of the blueberry bush. If really needed, a slight buff to the cost of their mercenaries (like 5%)
Na really, this kind of card allows to much the retard turtle style, i mean i am not gona play 25 min of TM each time i play against drongo
Howdah

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:Garja has a point in that I'd look at nerfing top civ before than buffing bottom civ to avoid power creep.
Like what civ are you going to nerf ? You'd need to nerf like 7-8 civs, and people would complain about it + Microsoft would surely fuck up and overnerf some civs.
When you have 4-5 bad civs and 11-12 balanced civs, it makes more sense to buff the underpowered civ than to nerf all the good civs.
I also agree with that obviously.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Nah just nerf Fre starting crates and Port 5% food. That would make a favor to any civ really. Current pool is balanced for the most part. Just Fre and Ports have easy time playing while also being slightly better (at least French they are).
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Fre and Port aren't really stronger than Germany, Brit, Japan and Spain, you'd need to nerf these civs too. Besides Port would be dogshit without 5% food.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

dominion play with sweden is looking really strong right now (it's hard to balance around such an intangible as shipment points everywhere on the map), and blueberries is still very viable and gives a great boom tbh -- merc supplementation was buffed with every merc being able to be trained in military buildings after being sent
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Dominion is the 4 torp card? I don't see it being better than 700w, considering that as swedes you really want to delay the military buildings if possible and obviously that's impossible with that card.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

and it gives every torp, already built or otherwise, the ability to receive shipments -- that's what makes it good. Sweden has pikes, bows, leather cannons, 3 huss, and fusiliers to ship in age 2, anywhere on the map at any time.
Howdah

You also save building time, walking time, you get shipments points everywhere, and on top of that +30% hp for your torps and they can gather crates so you will also save a handful of vs each time you send crates.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I didn't know about that. It's a bit retarded I must say, even tho sneaking the wagon around the map isnt' exactly easy.
Image Image Image
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

EP was in the process of balancing for many years, and after those changes were all copied to DE, why would we change anything?
Brazil Luciofrancosi
Skirmisher
ESO: luciofrancosi

Post by Luciofrancosi »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:The suggestion I would make :
2) Dutch: logistician cost decrease to 800f might just make it useful against colonial civs. I really like the suggestion of a free envoy at each age as it is the kind of buff that really helps skilled players without risking making a civ to strong.
I like that, although I think maybe a better idea that came out on that topic would be to allow the explorer to train envoys.
"Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting"

Sun Tzu - The art of war