Update 14825

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Update 14825

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

NEW EVENT: Join the Lunar New Year Festival and unlock exclusive rewards!
NEW CHALLENGE: Test your mastery of the battlefield in the Bombard Brawl challenge scenario!
NEW HOME CITY CUSTOMIZATION: Unlock brand new customization options for Beijing—the Chinese Home City!
NEW WEEKLY AVATAR REWARDS: Sign in each week to pick and unlock a free profile avatar image
Numerous stability and performance improvements
Your Town Center should no longer vanish when moving to a new Age
Ongoing adjustments to prevent units from getting trapped in buildings
Buffs to the strength and tactical tools of the Chinese civilization
Rolled back some of the changes and made adjustments to improve the balance of the Swedes
Major overhaul to Treasure spawns in the Standard Maps set
https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe3de-update-14825/

RIP Honcho. You will be missed.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Update 14825

Post by harcha »

Fixed occludee shader for hardware that only supports DirectX 11.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I am not sure what to think of the balance changes. The Chinese changes in particular are very curious.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:I am not sure what to think of the balance changes. The Chinese changes in particular are very curious.
I think they are good at buffing the civ without favoring the FF / FI more. Curious to see how the double village, transition TP looks now.
mad cuz bad
No Flag Invictus
Crossbow
ESO: Invictus

Post by Invictus »

What great news for chinese !!!!
Germany InfernoXtreme
Crossbow
ESO: InfernoXtreme

Post by InfernoXtreme »

This sweden buff is a joke
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Sweden can now train crossbows :hmm:
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

"Standard Army Hit Points (II): Increased the attack and hit point bonus for Steppe Riders and Chu Ko Nu from +15% ▶ +20%."
lol i called that standard army HP buff, they should just employ me as a consultant

50 food crate change for french just before the tourny kicks off properly lol haha, (to be fair although its "ugly" i gives some credit as i was suggesting - 100f instead of -50f)
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

This confirms that they are reading our discussions here, but I still think that the "Chinese underpowered" propaganda is way out of control and these changes are too huge.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag cosuco
Crossbow

Post by cosuco »

Why they don’t change who is online or not , chat , rate team game and unr game lol.

We don’t care about civ balance.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:"50 food crate change for french just before the tourny kicks off properly lol haha
Socially unacceptable indeed.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

"Large Wood Treasures will spawn less frequently on all Asian maps." is probably the one I will feel the most.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Sweden can now train crossbows :hmm:
If the biggest Youtuber keeps asking for crossbows this will inevitibaly happen. So i guess thats another civ with the guard xbow and pike age up. this is getting silly now.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

@Lukas_L99 thoughts on China changes?
:nwc:
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe3de-update-14825/

RIP Honcho. You will be missed.
Honcho has the same stats this patch as they did when DE released. Jerome is the one being changed.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Improved the performance when searching for active squads.
Anyone knows what this means?
harcha wrote:This confirms that they are reading our discussions here, but I still think that the "Chinese underpowered" propaganda is way out of control and these changes are too huge.
The chinese changes are not the result of them reading posts here alone: they are the result of the Chinese New Year coming up and together with the event they gave them some buffs to please coinnoseurs of the civ.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

n0el wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:I am not sure what to think of the balance changes. The Chinese changes in particular are very curious.
I think they are good at buffing the civ without favoring the FF / FI more. Curious to see how the double village, transition TP looks now.
i think the china ff/fi was definitely buffed. 10 keshiks, beiyang army cost decreased, and the biggest one, reducing train time for territorial army and forbidden army from the summer palace, which is just going to make that age 3 deathball hit sooner and harder. 26 rattans instead of 24 in age 4 is nice too.

the new army card moving to age 2 is pretty irrelevant, it will be like early skirms for france or early goons for ports. not worth it in the slightest. the only real buff to china age 2 is the increased standard army HP, but again, this is probably irrelevant bc the only actual weakness china had before this patch was the slow age up time. All they needed to do was add 100food crate to their start and china would be a mid-top tier civ.

as for swedes, the crossbows aren't as big as the blueberries reversion and the torp placements being relaxed. we're back to the old blueberry boom, and its even better because blackberries might be viable now
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

aaryngend wrote:
Improved the performance when searching for active squads.
Anyone knows what this means?
harcha wrote:This confirms that they are reading our discussions here, but I still think that the "Chinese underpowered" propaganda is way out of control and these changes are too huge.
The chinese changes are not the result of them reading posts here alone: they are the result of the Chinese New Year coming up and together with the event they gave them some buffs to please coinnoseurs of the civ.
They are the same exact changes we discussed.

Crossbows for sweden make sense because they don't have a skirmisher.

Unfortunately my 11 card deck only shows 10 cards when ingame.
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

That France nerf seems random to me lol
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Any Torp Berry Bush currently present on the map will be upgraded into a Blueberry Bush AND will gain +200 food (in addition to the food already in the bush).

Wait, all on the map? Even the opponent torp in a mirror? Maybe your allies to torp in a team game?

EDIT:
just tested, it didnt work. devs arent that bad.
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon
ESO: Nightwing

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

Major updates:
- France: 12/10 is harder unless you get a decent number of livestock or 100f treasure
- Sweden: Blueberries are back, crossbowmen have appeared. I believe that's too much of a buff for Sweden.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

NekoBerk wrote:That France nerf seems random to me lol
Nah it's not random currently 12/10 is broken with the crates offered and the civ is now like S tier ,there was a nerf coming after we saw a lot of 12/10s and how good it is.
Denmark jonasnee
Crossbow
ESO: jose96

Post by jonasnee »

So france, the strongest treaty faction; and as far as i can tell also a pretty amazing 1 vs 1 atm. get only 1 nerf, and it is a meme -50 food.

could they at least have nerfed wilderness warfare or something to go along with it?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

jonasnee wrote:So france, the strongest treaty faction; and as far as i can tell also a pretty amazing 1 vs 1 atm. get only 1 nerf, and it is a meme -50 food.

could they at least have nerfed wilderness warfare or something to go along with it?
Nerfing that card does nothing ,nerfing crate is direct nerf to civ but if you manage to get like good food treasures in age 1 i still think the 12/10 gonna be decent.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

harcha wrote:They are the same exact changes we discussed.
I believe you, but I also believe that these chinese changes would have seen the day of life later if it wasn't for the chinese New Year event. It gave them a reason to buff them now while they are at it, same with the chinese Homecity cosmetics that they added.
I'm glad they are reading community feedback. Hopefully they listen to the right people :!: