Update 14825

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Denmark jonasnee
Crossbow
ESO: jose96

Re: Update 14825

Post by jonasnee »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
jonasnee wrote:So france, the strongest treaty faction; and as far as i can tell also a pretty amazing 1 vs 1 atm. get only 1 nerf, and it is a meme -50 food.

could they at least have nerfed wilderness warfare or something to go along with it?
Nerfing that card does nothing ,nerfing crate is direct nerf to civ but if you manage to get like good food treasures in age 1 i still think the 12/10 gonna be decent.
yeah that is fair, for 1 vs 1 this is more meaningful no doubt. all i ask is that they also nerfed the lategame aspect of the strongest lategame faction in the game. essentially a balance change for treaty, and well wilderness warfare with 20% and the age 4 art cards seems like good places to start when it comes to that, you know small notches until they are back in line with other factions.

but again i appreciate that this is more meaningful for 1 vs 1, i simply just would have liked some treaty nerfs to come along with it.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Mitoe wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe3de-update-14825/

RIP Honcho. You will be missed.
Honcho has the same stats this patch as they did when DE released. Jerome is the one being changed.
Ah, I thought they both got changed because it says "their damage has been reduced".
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

are we worried that sweden has some what similar old style blueberries back again as well as a TP!!!
Im going to make a thread on ESOC and official forums about papal guard upgrade and likely that being forgot this patch
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

new tp bug detected
special aoe one
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:are we worried that sweden has some what similar old style blueberries back again as well as a TP!!!
Im going to make a thread on ESOC and official forums about papal guard upgrade and likely that being forgot this patch
Caroleans still lost the bonus damage to ranged cav in that one patch, which greatly reduced Sweden's strength. If they reverted this change, they would be even stronger than before :!:
With (still) nerfed Caroleans, time will tell how much this buff gets Sweden back on track.
Brazil Youssef
Skirmisher
ESO: Youssef2709

Post by Youssef »

nobody cares about the bottom tier civs, azzy still the same =/
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

aaryngend wrote:
Improved the performance when searching for active squads.
Anyone knows what this means?
To my understanding, a "squad" in internal AoE3 terms is just a group of units doing some task. For example, when you dragbox select a bunch of skirms and musketeers then order them to move somewhere, they all together form a "squad".
An "active squad" I guess would be the one selected? But "searching" for it still doesn't seem to make sense, so I think I'm lost.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

French change:
great even tho it's funky design
China changes:
Interesting for the age2 army, a bit too good in theory (20% for 2 units is out of standard). The new army card tho defeats the purpose of keep making age2 units.
Swedes changes:
Hail to the top civ (again)
Image Image Image
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon
ESO: WoodPusher

Post by uberjz »

standard army card gives +20%hp ONLY, does not boost attack. Had to check in game to make sure because the patch notes were confusing
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Swede wasn’t a top civ(in 1v1) and I doubt they are now. Who knows how good being able to train crossbow will be though.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Blueberry is basically better than before (less food but works on prior torps). Xbows is a clear buff making for a great colonial. Eco is great overall and having torps on wood (never nerfed) now is useful for xbows. The civ got +100w for -100f which with the new changes is now a net buff.
Image Image Image
United States of America dutchdude117
ESOC Community Team
ESO: Dutchdude117

Post by dutchdude117 »

Garja wrote:Blueberry is basically better than before (less food but works on prior torps). Xbows is a clear buff making for a great colonial. Eco is great overall and having torps on wood (never nerfed) now is useful for xbows. The civ got +100w for -100f which with the new changes is now a net buff.
I'm pretty sure this analysis is spot on. Overall (between last 2 patches) pretty significant buffs for Sweden.
France Zanerre
Skirmisher
ESO: empireboss

Post by Zanerre »

@Aussie_Drongo IT'S TIME TO REBUILD TORPS
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

Kneel before the swede xbow! I really don't know why it took them so long considering that they already had an 8xbow shipment since the release.

The 3 unit composition pike/xbow/caro it's quite formidable, they would just have to give them caroleans some melee multipliers instead of ranged ones allowing you to dispense with the pike creation on age3.

Also, the flintlock card could be a xbow to caro convert instead of a range increase, giving sweden some versatility on their decks with the huss to hakkapellit card.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

blueberries is slightly worse than 2 patches ago, and ironworks and torp costs are still nerfed. so overall swedish eco is nerfed. caroleans are significantly nerfed, and theres more options now in age 2 specifically, but still the age 3 and 4 is carolean cannon, just a worse version.
mad cuz bad
France Zanerre
Skirmisher
ESO: empireboss

Post by Zanerre »

Nah lol, xbow/caro it's super bad

xbow/pike or caro/leather but no sense to caro/xbow
Korea South ssaa22
Musketeer
ESO: Civalian

Post by ssaa22 »

The bonus they received instead of the Swedish Torp being nerfed

-Mercenaries received with cards can be trained in barracks and stables
-Buff to Carolian Range to 12
-3 Hussar Card
-3age politician who can train Jaeger and Blackrider in barracks and stables
-hakkapeliitta resistance increased
-Can be spawned in Leather Cannon Fortress

Without any adjustment to the bonus they received, they got the Torp back. I can't understand their thoughts!
The text may be awkward using a translator, But I hope we can talk a lot about good things. GG
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

France's change looks great, it will make them slower but they will still be able to 12/10 at least in some cases.
I'm a bit disappointed with China's changes, as it seems Summer Palace will still be the go-to wonder for age 2 no matter what.
Sweden changes looks ok-ish - I think with the amount of work that has been done on nerfed-Sweden BO they will be in a fine spot if not a top civ now. Obviously if people revert back to "spam as many torps as possible then go Caro-Cannons", they will still have a hard time against skirms-goons.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Howdah

Bo buff to Aztecs though :(
No Flag iamgaming
Musketeer

Post by iamgaming »

So when will Sweden become an offensive civ as Dev said before the release of the game?
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

I think it's offending a lot of people already
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

regarding people saying no aztec buff, they have been buffed in recent updates already (age 1 scouting unit, also wp cost no pop), they are not in a bad spot atm
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

n0el wrote:blueberries is slightly worse than 2 patches ago, and ironworks and torp costs are still nerfed. so overall swedish eco is nerfed. caroleans are significantly nerfed, and theres more options now in age 2 specifically, but still the age 3 and 4 is carolean cannon, just a worse version.
Caroleans are actually overall better than before.
Anyway, I considered swedes pretty strong even in the last patch. Everyone overeacted at the nerfs when the civ got one of the best buffs with the merc thing.
Image Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Zanerre wrote:Nah lol, xbow/caro it's super bad

xbow/pike or caro/leather but no sense to caro/xbow
Based on what? Caro/xbow is basically as good as musk+xbows.
Image Image Image
Howdah

With Sweden you are going to have leftover gold no matter what, so you will mix in some caroleans anyway.