Update 14825

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Update 14825

Post by Garja »

Zanerre wrote:
Garja wrote:
Zanerre wrote:Anyway caro/xbow are more worst than musk/xbow, u can't put the caro in melee mod for anti cav and the shoot of caro are not rlly "good" in age 2, or u need a good mass compare to the melee mod of the musk.
You don't put musk in melee anyway with musk/xbow, mostly you just kite at which caros are more effective. Also with 30% resistance they actually tank more damage from snaring cav.
It just depends on the situation but musk is clearly superior compare to age 2 caro
No, caroleans are better than musks actually. Same hp more base damage, 30% melee resistance and more speed. They do cost slightly more.
Image Image Image
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

Garja wrote:
Zanerre wrote:
Show hidden quotes
It just depends on the situation but musk is clearly superior compare to age 2 caro
No, caroleans are better than musks actually. Same hp more base damage, 30% melee resistance and more speed. They do cost slightly more.
and 2.5 for rof i believe
Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Ye that's why they have more ranged base damage. Also they have more melee damage.
Image Image Image
Indonesia arivus
Musketeer

Post by arivus »

I'm just gonna copy my opinion on aoe3 forum:

I got mixed opinion about the torp change. I support of the more useful card change but I’m afraid that would make Sweden to only once again train 30 villager or less.

I argue that now with the addition of xbow and the 5% bonus stats for merc, it should also revert the cheaper fusilier contract now that Sweden have a way to deal with age 2 zamburak. That’s all my opinion about the Sweden change.

About the chinese change I was like wut? The village, wonder, and forbidden buff is small but good enough. The problem I see is the 5% bonus increase on the standard army increase.

What Chinese army need is flat increase instead of a percentage increase. One can argue that flat hp increase would make China ff mass army more difficult to deal with, but that mass army is comprised of only infantry, so I say increase the base hp of all Chinese cavalry unit. Keshik from 110 to 125, Steppe Rider from 150 to 165, Meteor Hammer from 217 to 230, Iron Flail from 292 to 300.

Reason with the change above is: for Keshik when they’re fully upgraded their hp is only like 300 which is similar to non royal guard non carded musketeer, for Steppe Rider, Meteor Hammer, and Iron Flail it is because this 3 units is too specialized and bad at what they do, and only when combined then they are comparable to what other civilization Hussar-like unit do. Steppe Rider have the (25)siege damage and speed but worse in other things, Meteor Hammer have the normal (29)damage but do not have survivability and their siege damage is only 13, and Iron Flail have survivability but no damage.

The saddest army Chinese have is Changdao and Flamethrower. Once the old dynasty card is sent Changdao have no use as Qiang is still the best option, late game Changdao only have use when the player runs out of wood. Flamethrower ever since they’re available in age 2 are already lose to Chu Ko Nu, in age 3 they lose to Arquebus, and in age4-5 there is no more need for this unit.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jotunir wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes
You know what’s also shameful? That people like you chased others off the forums with your constant toxicity, stupidity and negativity. It’s actually ironic that you call me “shameful” for calling you an idiot where 1 post before you called the game devs( many of who are on this forum or have been on this forum) lazy inept and unskilled. You’re a fucking idiot and a hypocrite. It’s also funny that a staff member calls me out for acting the same way you act toward the devs.
Arguing with a fool only proves there are two. You should calm down.
Where do you see me arguing with you? I’m calling you a fucking moron not trying to convince you the earth is round.
Macau firstaim
Crossbow

Post by firstaim »

Donye wrote:Welp. As per Aussie's stream I think we can surmise Sweden are broken. Beating Kaiser with 12vills...

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdbloodedLightWormSwiftRage
What most Sweden players cried in forums after nerfed in the previous patch, Sweden was unplayable unless Sweden is like this.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Donye wrote:Welp. As per Aussie's stream I think we can surmise Sweden are broken. Beating Kaiser with 12vills...

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdbloodedLightWormSwiftRage
It's a funny meme, but the game is a bad example. It was also already over by the time the vills were lost. If one player loses his whole army and the other has his army mostly left, it doesn't really matter if the winner of the fight has 5, 15 or 50 vills tbh.

Aside from that, not sure if the strat and build by Kaiser were really optimal (that's what other top players said in Aussie chat):
- train lots of uhlans age2, kill no vills, siege 2 shrines and kill like 5 caros in exchange for like 3-4 uhlans
- mass uhlan, jaeger and like 5 WW (barely any anti cav) vs. double stable upgraded mass huss/caro age2

That's not to say that the civ or MU are fine, just don't think the game is a good example to show that. Obviously Kaiser knows much better than me or most other players, but he doesn't always play perfectly, either, of course.
Macau firstaim
Crossbow

Post by firstaim »

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/899224758?t=1h14m51s

Watch from this.

Again house can gather resource is a joke compared to other houses.
They still have better eco, carolean can speed up to catch your skirm/jaeger, etc.

Even Sweden is still at the weakest age, age2.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Have you heard of shrines?
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

If Kaiser lost to aussie drongo it’s cause he played terrible, it doesn’t say anything about balance, although I’m sure he would blame the civ instead of his mistakes as per usual.
Great Britain Donye
Musketeer
ESO: Pink Charr

Post by Donye »

I still think it's disgustingly broken, but your arguments are rational and well presented. I am only a low elo scrub so that will obviously bias my opinion.

I guess all we can do is wait and see :)
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Dev realy need to share their stats, what was the reason for this heavy sweden buff 2 week after an heavy nerf. The first balance patch was a India nerf based on stats winrate, and the nerf was irrelevent, same with lakota, and now we have this kind of balance change? Like what, swe was at 70% of winrate before the nerf and 30% after? Because you can't know where is the issu if you change everything.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Donye wrote:I still think it's disgustingly broken, but your arguments are rational and well presented. I am only a low elo scrub so that will obviously bias my opinion.

I guess all we can do is wait and see :)
well I didn’t say whether or not it’s broken cause I don’t know if it is not. I’m just saying that isn’t evidence it is.
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

for my part I did a semi ff xbow caro 8 min30 age 3 with full torp, 10 min I had 15 jeager and some caro and 14 min age 4, age 1 I did 3 v blueberry with tp, my opponent had no way to push me age 2 because I have 8 pik, 2 canon, 8 crossbow and 3 huss in my deck, i don't think its fair really
Image Image
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

gibson wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Where do you see me arguing with you? I’m calling you a fucking moron not trying to convince you the earth is round.
Your incoherent nonsense amuses me greatly.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

kaiser may have botted superhard but that mass is still ridiculous at the same time.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

chronique wrote:Dev realy need to share their stats, what was the reason for this heavy sweden buff 2 week after an heavy nerf. The first balance patch was a India nerf based on stats winrate, and the nerf was irrelevent, same with lakota, and now we have this kind of balance change? Like what, swe was at 70% of winrate before the nerf and 30% after? Because you can't know where is the issu if you change everything.
There isn't reason for any of this. They don't know what they are doing. They throw stuff to the wall and see what sticks. If that's not what they are doing, they are doing an incredibly good job at making it look like it.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Peachrocks wrote:
chronique wrote:Dev realy need to share their stats, what was the reason for this heavy sweden buff 2 week after an heavy nerf. The first balance patch was a India nerf based on stats winrate, and the nerf was irrelevent, same with lakota, and now we have this kind of balance change? Like what, swe was at 70% of winrate before the nerf and 30% after? Because you can't know where is the issu if you change everything.
There isn't reason for any of this. They don't know what they are doing. They throw stuff to the wall and see what sticks. If that's not what they are doing, they are doing an incredibly good job at making it look like it.
Indeed :?
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

the reason is very simple, all yelling to say that Swedish was weak, so they buff it but obviously too much
Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Well, Swe was totally unplayable last patch, it was fair to complain.
Lancer

Post by kevinitalien »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Well, Swe was totally unplayable last patch, it was fair to complain.
yeah agree ofc
Image Image
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

How can you guys say that were unplayable when they have the best cards in the game since their release:
1. Age2 Hand Infantry / Hand cavalry attack
2. Age2 Hand infantry / Hand cavalry HP
3. The access to advanced arsenal.
You have 2 types of buffs on just one card, on age2. You pretty much can hold in age2 and mass a shit ton of those units.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

because hand infantry is pretty irrelevant...
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Jotunir wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes
You know what’s also shameful? That people like you chased others off the forums with your constant toxicity, stupidity and negativity. It’s actually ironic that you call me “shameful” for calling you an idiot where 1 post before you called the game devs( many of who are on this forum or have been on this forum) lazy inept and unskilled. You’re a fucking idiot and a hypocrite. It’s also funny that a staff member calls me out for acting the same way you act toward the devs.
Where’s the argument? Pretty sure he was just outing you for being a massive cunt
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Hazza54321 wrote:because hand infantry is pretty irrelevant...
I agree obviously, but free advanced arsenal is probably relevant.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.