we really need a working spectator mode for live casting games. go upvote this on the official forums if you agree

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.

since this appears to be controversial, do you think live casting is a priority or nah

yea
90%
nah
10%

Total votes: 60

Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Re: we really need a working spectator mode for live casting games. go upvote this on the official forums if you agree

Post by JKProwler »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
JKProwler wrote:I remember there were a couple of small tourneys on DE where it was live...

I think the issue is that finding games on the browser is inconsistent...that just needs to be fixed.

However I heard that if the game id was provided it works all the time. So it can be done now.
Live UI does not show shipment send and so on, so it's useless.
Yeah I agree...they just need to fix the observer mode so u can find games by game name or player name consistanly and add some features on the observer mode.

I don't really think it should be difficult to fix.

I'm not a programner nor do I know the framework of de, but to me it doesnt seem to be too much work especially some1 has already created template on how it should look
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: we really need a working spectator mode for live casting games. go upvote this on the official forums if you agree

Post by Kaiserklein »

Idk if you guys realize you also can't pm when live obsing on DE. I mean yeah you can pm via another platform (if players are even willing to tab out to check pms during a tourney game lol), but there's delay so it's kinda pointless. And if there was no delay, anyone watching the tourney games could just "maphack" for one player, so that's also not an option.
Unless you mean they should totally revamp the way it works so it's more similar to legacy, with the observer directly "in the game", but that's of course never going to happen at this point.

Anyway, bugs like units getting stuck or TPs not building can't be avoided atm, regardless of casters. And it can be game losing
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Kaiserklein wrote:Idk if you guys realize you also can't pm when live obsing on DE. I mean yeah you can pm via another platform (if players are even willing to tab out to check pms during a tourney game lol), but there's delay so it's kinda pointless. And if there was no delay, anyone watching the tourney games could just "maphack" for one player, so that's also not an option.
Unless you mean they should totally revamp the way it works so it's more similar to legacy, with the observer directly "in the game", but that's of course never going to happen at this point.

Anyway, bugs like units getting stuck or TPs not building can't be avoided atm, regardless of casters. And it can be game losing
Work around is get the players to pause at start until map is verified that its balanced.

Also can't remember, but I thought u can pw protect games even on observer mode...and there will be like 1-2 min delay anyway
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

RefluxSemantic wrote:
iNcog wrote:This just shows how much Aiz did for AOE3 by developing the old UIs.
While definitely true, it's too nice of a take.

Observer UIs are an integral part of basically every single modern competitive game. Observing competitive games, whether it is through replays, live observing or through twitch streams is literally the pillar of competitive gaming. Millions of people engage in this activity every single week, with millions of dollars of prize money being handed out yearly. There is no way around this, it is simply beyond incompetent to release a definitive edition of a competitive game without a functioning and proper observer interface.
Well it does have an observer interface, when you can actually find the right game in the list at least
Australia robo
ESOC Media Team
ESO: robo_boro
Clan: sQad

Post by robo »

JKProwler wrote: Work around is get the players to pause at start until map is verified that its balanced.
So the stream then has to watch a 2minute pause before the players start, on top of the 2 minute delay before the game starts?

If you really want to have admin communication, have both players sit in a voicechat with their mics muted, and an admin can tell them verbally if they need to pause/restart. it might take 2-3 minutes before they are made aware, but it ensures that they are notified without requiring tabbing out to check messages.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Prerecordedgamepill destroyed my faith in AOE3
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

robo wrote:
JKProwler wrote: Work around is get the players to pause at start until map is verified that its balanced.
So the stream then has to watch a 2minute pause before the players start, on top of the 2 minute delay before the game starts?
Well I think casual lobby games u can have no delay option.

Also maybe the casters then pause the game a bit longer after they verified the map to minimise stream sniping opportunities on stream.

So if the devs can implement a pw games on observer mode (if it's not implemented already), fix the can't find games bug on observer mode bug (alrhough game id searxh does work) and added some of the features needed on the observer mode...then problem solved (harder than it sounds probably)
robo wrote: If you really want to have admin communication, have both players sit in a voicechat with their mics muted, and an admin can tell them verbally if they need to pause/restart. it might take 2-3 minutes before they are made aware, but it ensures that they are notified without requiring tabbing out to check messages.
Yeah probably voice communication is best...in case they need to communicate to players during the game (For whatever odd reason).
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

$3000
oranges.
Korea South ssaa22
Musketeer
ESO: Civalian

Post by ssaa22 »

They must also remove the visible nature's perspective. They will be able to do enough, but they just don't do it because they're not interested.
The text may be awkward using a translator, But I hope we can talk a lot about good things. GG
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

To those who say it doesn't matter about it being live, have you watched a sports game live versus an hour later? It's not the same.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

chris1089 wrote:To those who say it doesn't matter about it being live, have you watched a sports game live versus an hour later? It's not the same.
Yes, I do this all the time and as long as I don't go on Twitter, there's no difference.
mad cuz bad
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

The amount of times i stayed away from the internet so i could watch the Formula 1 later in peace.

The only reason was to avoid spoilers, otherwise i wouldnt feel too much different as compared to watching live.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

I predicted the first 3 series of the current tourney just from the vibes of the players on the various streams before the match and the chats in.the respective series.

U don't just have to avoid, but dumb down ur rational to get some unpredictability in some of the series in this tourney
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

JKProwler wrote:I predicted the first 3 series of the current tourney just from the vibes of the players on the various streams before the match and the chats in.the respective series.

U don't just have to avoid, but dumb down ur rational to get some unpredictability in some of the series in this tourney
Yeah I cant argue with that to be honest, remember the players are human after all. For me this is the biggest risk to recorded games is the potential for leaks and giveaways of what is going to happen in a game before its casted.
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

As viewer I would say that its super important to watch live and also see what both player does, not only one of them, than second one, than again first one and so on.

And I think there are many potential viewer like me who dont watch because of this issues
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

It just makes me think why the devs bothered to include the bombard brawl "challenge" without a global ladder or competition. Currently that mode will be played by most people 2-3 times max and that is it. Whereas if they spent that time just even starting to work on some sort of enhanced UI while using the spectator mode on live games that would give a small benefit to significant portion of the games fans for the entirety of the games life.

I know i feel like a dick when extra "content" is released for free and i am ungrateful for it, but it is also true that the time spent into the bombard brawl could have been better spent else where
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

Aizamk wrote:$3000
the man named his price
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher
ESO: CR_Joops

Post by CR_Joops »

I have go say as a viewer live is just better... Most of it is intangible but it just is. There's a reason live sport is a thing.