Tried DE again, and got another refund..

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: Tried DE again, and got another refund..

Post by Hazza54321 »

edeholland wrote:
Jotunir wrote:I am amazed at how @Cocaine made a rant about how he was dissappointed about DE and you all just mock him. DE is effectively worse than EP and he should be taken seriously.
He is not being taken seriously because he is a known cheater on RE. Not trying to witch hunt or accuse somebody here, he is one of the rare cases of someone admitting they are cheating on these forums.

I, like everyone else here, agree that the criticism about DE is valid. Nobody says it's perfect and everyone wants it to improve. But there is a difference between people mindlessly posting "DE sucks, come to RE" and top players spending hours of their free time trying to improve the game by collection constructive criticism and sharing it with the developers.
That has to be the dumbest thread of all time what a moron
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

cya
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

Scuse me.. But I never "admitted" to cheating.. First and foremost. Second of all, I have no problem being trolled as I do a lot of trolling myself but the fact remains that DE is a mess and instead of getting like a 90% approval rate I would expect a "remastered aoe" title to recieve, the game has like 50%.. Anyways why do my past actions undervalue my present complaints? The complaints are legitimate.

Should I just make a new username and pretend I'm not Cocaine? And you will all take me seriously? Literally should I? Cuz like its easy lol. I clearly do not care about what you think of me but please lets just all have a logical and polite discussion from time to time. You think I care you know I did what I did? I don't. Get over it whoever you are that brings it up, its so childish.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Cocaine wrote:Scuse me.. But I never "admitted" to cheating.. First and foremost. Second of all, I have no problem being trolled as I do a lot of trolling myself but the fact remains that DE is a mess and instead of getting like a 90% approval rate I would expect a "remastered aoe" title to recieve, the game has like 50%.. Anyways why do my past actions undervalue my present complaints? The complaints are legitimate.

Should I just make a new username and pretend I'm not Cocaine? And you will all take me seriously? Literally should I? Cuz like its easy lol. I clearly do not care about what you think of me but please lets just all have a logical and polite discussion from time to time. You think I care you know I did what I did? I don't. Get over it whoever you are that brings it up, its so childish.
No one ever said that your complaint are illegitimate mate considering that there are is a long compiled list of problems. They are mocking your response to it. Your ideas are fine, people just don't like you in paticular
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Most of us are upset to some extent about the state of the game, but posting this here doesn't do anything. Please post it on the official forum @Cocaine
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Cocaine wrote:Scuse me.. But I never "admitted" to cheating.. First and foremost. Second of all, I have no problem being trolled as I do a lot of trolling myself but the fact remains that DE is a mess and instead of getting like a 90% approval rate I would expect a "remastered aoe" title to recieve, the game has like 50%.. Anyways why do my past actions undervalue my present complaints? The complaints are legitimate.

I respect that you do not change your name, and people need to let things go, as far as everyone knows there is no cheating on DE. But there is a lot of trolling, changing names to hide who they are and stream snipe people etc....

But in that thread you were caught making tommynators, did admit to it by not denying that it happened and addressed your reasons for doing so, to you it may have been justified but to gamers on RE that basically wanted DE because of the prolific hacks was a big deal. Should it be brought up in every thread? NO.

your complains are valid and have been ongoing since its release that match making seems really hard to make.

Your fortunate to have gotten a refund, I spent 2 hours starting computer games trying to find a graphics setting that would work, sitting in lobbies and playing 1-2 FFAs. Not much time to really give a game all the assessment after waiting so long and give up on it so easily. but soon after I was like this just isn't gonna work for my computer and all the failed user interfaces.

So yeah I am waiting for Age 4 now too, but not going to buy right away either.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:

I respect that you do not change your name, and people need to let things go, as far as everyone knows there is no cheating on DE. But there is a lot of trolling, changing names to hide who they are and stream snipe people etc....

But in that thread you were caught making tommynators, did admit to it by not denying that it happened and addressed your reasons for doing so, to you it may have been justified but to gamers on RE that basically wanted DE because of the prolific hacks was a big deal. Should it be brought up in every thread? NO.

your complains are valid and have been ongoing since its release that match making seems really hard to make.

Your fortunate to have gotten a refund, I spent 2 hours starting computer games trying to find a graphics setting that would work, sitting in lobbies and playing 1-2 FFAs. Not much time to really give a game all the assessment after waiting so long and give up on it so easily. but soon after I was like this just isn't gonna work for my computer and all the failed user interfaces.

So yeah I am waiting for Age 4 now too, but not going to buy right away either.
When aoe4 comes out im upgrading my computer and buying it day one I'm not joking. I'm going to drop like 2k on a new computer /graphics and all that lol. I been collecting this computer store gift cards for that day to come. In a few years hopefully.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I have higher hopes for it, being that a gaming studio is building it from the ground up, and understands their own code. I hope its not years to wait, but if that's what it takes for something really great then I can wait.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:I have higher hopes for it, being that a gaming studio is building it from the ground up, and understands their own code. I hope its not years to wait, but if that's what it takes for something really great then I can wait.
After how DE went, I don't expect too much really to be completely honest.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Jotunir wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:I have higher hopes for it, being that a gaming studio is building it from the ground up, and understands their own code. I hope its not years to wait, but if that's what it takes for something really great then I can wait.

Well yeah it was horribly executed, and that is the reason I won't be the first to buy. (which is so sad, because AOE had been my favorite game since the original came out when I was in high school and have been playing AOE 3 12 years! but now that DE is out I rarely play even RE) They changed so much that didn't need fixing and just left too many bugs in the process.

to my understanding its an actual game company creating it, vs just some programmers trying to flip AOE 3.

But I think they have much more invested into it as will expect much more from it. Since its being designed from the bottom up with more resources I think will be better... but still many ways to mess it up. (such as balance, bugs)
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
Jotunir wrote:

Well yeah it was horribly executed, and that is the reason I won't be the first to buy. (which is so sad, because AOE had been my favorite game since the original came out when I was in high school and have been playing AOE 3 12 years! but now that DE is out I rarely play even RE) They changed so much that didn't need fixing and just left too many bugs in the process.
This is exactly what I dislike about DE.
Denmark jonasnee
Crossbow
ESO: jose96

Post by jonasnee »

JKProwler wrote:DE is better than legacy in 1v1. Legacy is just a lag fest after u play DE for awhile and the graphics feel outdated.

Teams in DE tho is bad. I miss the legacy ranked team lobbies and whispering friends and seeing them online and inviting them to games.

I think the team and useless friends functionality is what's putting off some of the legacy players moving across
yeah the team aspect is probably the worst part about DE, the mm (at least in treaty, guessing it is the same in sup) is bad: if you are towards the top end then chances are 80% of the matches are predecided as wins just because of the skill difference.

the lobby ranking isn't useful either as it takes all modes played (and for me it is bugged anyways), i cant do the old trick of looking at peoples decks to figure out if they got any clue as to the mode they are playing (and for some reason they added a redundant beginner deck over a basic treaty deck), i have people joining my games clearly labelled "no noobs" and then somehow never pick a deck.

like i appreciate that they are trying but:

they need to separate the ranking between game modes, playing 5 2 vs 2 supremacy doesn't mean you will perform the same in 2 vs 2 treaty.

they need to actually make it a skill rating, not just a winrate, the PR system worked perfectly well in TAD.

the alternative to me as a player would be to just demand people who join to have a leaderboard rating, but few have that and often just 3-4 games.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:to my understanding its an actual game company creating it, vs just some programmers trying to flip AOE 3.
What is the difference between an actual game company and some programmers?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Also everyone here knows de is pretty much just not good right now, so making additional threads talking shit about it is pretty much just beating a dead horse. Although I guess as long as you don't go full retard like jotunir and have a 9 inch hate boner for the game and flame it and the devs every time it's brought up because you're mad that your pentium 4 from 2005 can't run it its not the end of the world.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

edeholland wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:to my understanding its an actual game company creating it, vs just some programmers trying to flip AOE 3.
Actual programmers are programmers who know programming!
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

edeholland wrote:

I could be wrong, but my view of it is like this:

A game company has a vision, and build from the ground up what they want. So as the programmers they use build the code are innately familiar with it, and can have an easier time fixing bugs.

In DE the programmers are having to work from someone else's work, and changed so much that by making those alterations either had to make compromises (no in game chat, graphics clarity on low settings,etc..) or create bugs from those codes that may not have matched up as planned. In a remake, its also selling for like 20% of the cost of a full new game and likely not projected to sell as many as an AOE 4 so they would have had to keep this profit margin in line to work hours.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

gibson wrote:Also everyone here knows de is pretty much just not good right now, so making additional threads talking shit about it is pretty much just beating a dead horse. Although I guess as long as you don't go full retard like jotunir and have a 9 inch hate boner for the game and flame it and the devs every time it's brought up because you're mad that your pentium 4 from 2005 can't run it its not the end of the world.
The only "full retard" here is you @gibson ;)
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

I wanted something more in the matchmaking lobby
its just shi t..
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Cocaine wrote:
n0el wrote:Basically you lost some games so you had a hissy fit and demanded a refund?
U legit dont comprehend my post do you? Please, spare me your low IQ mumblings next time.
Well ofc if you start playing you won't immediately get a good skill lvl. In tad, you also start as a recruit and then you have to bash other recruits first if you get a new accout.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

For the ppl that bash DE to prop up legacy, feel sad for u. DE is the only chance aoe3 can survive into the future.

Whether you like it or not TAD and EP is no longer supported and ur stuck with the state it is now.

DE may not be in a perfect state now but it's getting continually better and is FULLY supported.

If u don't like the way it is now, either just be patient and suck it up for now or just wait and come back when it's in a state where you are happy with it.

In the mean time be more productive and voice your specific concerns on the official forums. You have a chance to have a say on how u want to mould the game since it seems developers have been listening to some of the concerns raised
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
edeholland wrote:

A game company has a vision, and build from the ground up what they want. So as the programmers they use build the code are innately familiar with it, and can have an easier time fixing bugs.

In DE the programmers are having to work from someone else's work, and changed so much that by making those alterations either had to make compromises (no in game chat, graphics clarity on low settings,etc..) or create bugs from those codes that may not have matched up as planned. In a remake, its also selling for like 20% of the cost of a full new game and likely not projected to sell as many as an AOE 4 so they would have had to keep this profit margin in line to work hours.
Understanding someone else's code isn't considered a big thing in Software Engineering. In fact, if you can't read someone else's code you are not considered a good engineer.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

JKProwler wrote:For the ppl that bash DE to prop up legacy, feel sad for u. DE is the only chance aoe3 can survive into the future.

Whether you like it or not TAD and EP is no longer supported and ur stuck with the state it is now.

DE may not be in a perfect state now but it's getting continually better and is FULLY supported.

If u don't like the way it is now, either just be patient and suck it up for now or just wait and come back when it's in a state where you are happy with it.

In the mean time be more productive and voice your specific concerns on the official forums. You have a chance to have a say on how u want to mould the game since it seems developers have been listening to some of the concerns raised
Nice joke, please keep going. :hehe:
Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher
ESO: mk8by8bcity

Post by AndiAOE »

Ashvin wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Understanding someone else's code isn't considered a big thing in Software Engineering. In fact, if you can't read someone else's code you are not considered a good engineer.
not really, some spaghetti code someone else wrote (which he probably doesnt understand himself) is not something you are expected to understand in a short time frame. If you cant comprehend the code of the others, it is either because you lack the understanding OR that he didnt follow good programming practices
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Nice to see some common sense in this thread