1v1 Tier List

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Sweden aelena
Crossbow
ESO: aelena

1v1 Tier List

Post by aelena »

This is currently my 1v1 tier list after approximately 40 games played and quite a few games watched on stream/VOD. I understand that it's very subjective and that there's alot of elements that needs to be taken into consideration (map, matchup, preference, etc). I made this list to start a discussion and to get some feedback on what's meta right now (so I can abuse it obv). So what do you think of it? General feedback and constructive criticism highly appreciated.
Attachments
Age of Empires Tier List.png
Korea South ssaa22
Musketeer
ESO: Civalian

Re: 1v1 Tier List

Post by ssaa22 »

We need to be able to tell the difference between receiving good reviews and being absurd. That will make a better balance.
The text may be awkward using a translator, But I hope we can talk a lot about good things. GG
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

ssaa22 wrote:We need to be able to tell the difference between receiving good reviews and being absurd. That will make a better balance.
I don't understand what that has to do with this post, or maybe I don't understand what you mean?
Korea South ssaa22
Musketeer
ESO: Civalian

Post by ssaa22 »

aelena wrote:
ssaa22 wrote:We need to be able to tell the difference between receiving good reviews and being absurd. That will make a better balance.
I don't understand what that has to do with this post, or maybe I don't understand what you mean?
I have seen a lot of people exhausting their emotions due to the balance controversy. I just wanted to say that you should be careful with it, but I would apologize if my opinion offended you.
The text may be awkward using a translator, But I hope we can talk a lot about good things. GG
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

ssaa22 wrote:
aelena wrote:
I have seen a lot of people exhausting their emotions due to the balance controversy. I just wanted to say that you should be careful with it, but I would apologize if my opinion offended you.
oh, every opinion in this thread should be taken with a grain of salt and don't worry I did not take offense to what you said
No Flag GettinBetter2
Crossbow

Post by GettinBetter2 »

For me Lakota is also S tier and India is A tier
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Well imo 40 games played and a couple watched arent enough to make a tierlist. Like u prob havent even played every civ let alone every match up possible (;
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

This looks reasonable to me.
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

Plantinator wrote:Well imo 40 games played and a couple watched arent enough to make a tierlist. Like u prob havent even played every civ let alone every match up possible (;
that's why I said it's my tier list and that it's subjective while also asking for input on it ^^
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:This looks reasonable to me.
what would you change? S tier is accurate?
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Plantinator wrote:Well imo 40 games played and a couple watched arent enough to make a tierlist. Like u prob havent even played every civ let alone every match up possible (;
true, though he's a top tier nilla scrub so has a better understanding than most
oranges.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Why is france not in S tier? I would move Japan to A tier for me.
:nwc:
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Aizamk wrote:
true, though he's a top tier nilla scrub so has a better understanding than most
Ya ok no offense but thats the game where dutch start with 7 vills and goons counter everything right?

Edit: for some useful Input i see aztec as one of the most underrated civs right now but i know many top players think they are shit (:
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Plantinator wrote:
Aizamk wrote:
Ya ok no offense but thats the game where dutch start with 7 vills and goons counter everything right?

Edit: for some useful Input i see aztec as one of the most underrated civs right now but i know many top players think they are shit (:
nilla is where skirms counter everything, actually
also he's from back in the day when myself, MusketJr, Raphael, Erik etc were all still pure and untainted nilla scrubs
oranges.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

I remember Aelena ,very well Dutch lamer i used to backseat and chat chat using Aizamk obs in Nilla fun days :)
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

Challenger_Marco wrote:I remember Aelena ,very well Dutch lamer i used to backseat and chat chat using Aizamk obs in Nilla fun days :)
dutch lamer oO? what
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

aelena wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:I remember Aelena ,very well Dutch lamer i used to backseat and chat chat using Aizamk obs in Nilla fun days :)
dutch lamer oO? what
You also used to backseat when you hit pr44 or something & i remember the obs game b/e you & IrishFaithful.
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
aelena wrote:
dutch lamer oO? what
You also used to backseat when you hit pr44 or something & i remember the obs game b/e you & IrishFaithful.
I think you have the wrong person, whenever I was active I was pr 50 on both my main accounts; (aelena and Taunt_21, before the latter got hacked) and I don't know who IrishFaithful is
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

aelena wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I think you have the wrong person, whenever I was active I was pr 50 on both my main accounts; (aelena and Taunt_21, before the latter got hacked) and I don't know who IrishFaithful is
Idk you had this Lizzie Pirate pic also i remember and you were on smurf playing dutch i think dunno who else it would be ,what civ you main?
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

I think lakota is S tier if not against water play
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
aelena wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Idk you had this Lizzie Pirate pic also i remember and you were on smurf playing dutch i think dunno who else it would be ,what civ you main?
I play all civs, but Brits are my most played on Vanilla and Brits/Japan on TAD
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

chronique wrote:I think lakota is S tier if not against water play
So on a land map would you say Japan/Sweden/Lakota are S? or would you change something else in S, and does it change on water? (apart from Lakota)
Sweden aelena
Crossbow

Post by aelena »

Aizamk wrote:
Don't think you can come here and try to bully me Aizamk, (it hurts my feelings you know)
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

aelena wrote:So on a land map would you say Japan/Sweden/Lakota are S? or would you change something else in S, and does it change on water? (apart from Lakota)
Hard to say, i think lakota is the only S tier civ on land and i don't know how strong sweden is with the last patch. To me lakota is more unbalance than japan, i feel super oppressed against them.
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

Move Japan to C as it needs a buff and it’s looking good.
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for