Brit vs Japan

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag GettinBetter2
Crossbow

Brit vs Japan

Post by GettinBetter2 »

Hello,

what do you guys think is the best way to beat Japan with brit ? All time it´s a very hard mu for me.... u cant literally catch the ashis and Japan can all time insane remass! I hear many people say bow pike and huss... other say musk lb huss .... would be happy about some build orders and a solid gameplan! :) I am excited on your advice
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Re: Brit vs Japan

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

GettinBetter2 wrote:Hello,

what do you guys think is the best way to beat Japan with brit ? All time it´s a very hard mu for me.... u cant literally catch the ashis and Japan can all time insane remass! I hear many people say bow pike and huss... other say musk lb huss .... would be happy about some build orders and a solid gameplan! :) I am excited on your advice
On your screen at the beginning of the game, you should see a small rectangle at the top right. Click on it. Then click "resign". This will not solve your problem, but the end will be faster and less painful.

(If you want constructive advice some good player should answer at some point).
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Korea South Miyawaki Sakura
Dragoon
ESO: April

Post by Miyawaki Sakura »

I prefer musk + LB + Huss
When Japan is comfortable reach at age 3, you will lose.
Also, if you lose even one battle, you will lose.
If food runs out, you will lose.
VC is not good because it allows Japan to easily go through the 3age
So you have to barrack forward and play aggressively.
You need to have more LB than Yumi, you need enough musk to protect LB, and Huss to block Nagi.
If at least one is insufficient you can easily reverse.
Because Yumi Can Beat Huss But LB Can't Beat Nagi
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Probably something like this:

Ship 3v-700w-600w- then depending on the game 5v/musk ups/700c/unit shipments.

Age with tower, put forward, make rax next to it, start training muskets. Push his base and pressure him, don't let him mass units, force him to wall up or send military shipments. Don't overcommit. If he goes yumis, start adding lbows, they trade well. Try sieging and denying shrines meanwhile, contain him.

Then adapt: if he walls heavily, probably go age3 soon-ish with falcs, siege all shrines. If he doesn't, mass musk/lbow (not too many)/huss and either timing push or contain heavily.
No Flag GettinBetter2
Crossbow

Post by GettinBetter2 »

how can the mu be brit favored then ?
Howdah

Astaroth wrote:Probably something like this:

Age with tower, put forward, make rax next to it, start training muskets. Push his base and pressure him, don't let him mass units, force him to wall up or send military shipments. Don't overcommit. If he goes yumis, start adding lbows, they trade well. Try sieging and denying shrines meanwhile, contain him.

Then adapt: if he walls heavily, probably go age3 soon-ish with falcs, siege all shrines. If he doesn't, mass musk/lbow (not too many)/huss and either timing push or contain heavily.
Why would you age up with tower if you don't plan to send unit shipments and you will be the one pressuring his base ? 2 vills+2 cows or 500f just seems to give better value.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I'm gonna say 2v+2cow is a shit age up and everyone overvalues it.
Image Image Image
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon
ESO: Nightwing

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

Garja wrote:I'm gonna say 2v+2cow is a shit age up and everyone overvalues it.
Why? It still gives you 500f if you need to plus you get 2 vills.
It's slower but not shit.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Garja wrote:I'm gonna say 2v+2cow is a shit age up and everyone overvalues it.
agreed
No Flag GettinBetter2
Crossbow

Post by GettinBetter2 »

so u would prefer a 500f age up ?
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
Astaroth wrote:Probably something like this:

Why would you age up with tower if you don't plan to send unit shipments and you will be the one pressuring his base ? 2 vills+2 cows or 500f just seems to give better value.
Tower gives map presence, defends your FB somewhat if he aggros and gives the potential for unit shipments if you need them. Also useful if you go age3 soonish for 2falcs.

Lots of pros go fb tower as brits vs Japan.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

GettinBetter2 wrote:so u would prefer a 500f age up ?
Yes. 200g+tower is the standard in most MUs. However 500f is worth more resources so sometimes it is better, especially when you plan to make lbow/pikes.
Image Image Image
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Tower presence is nice and the 200g an instant steel traps plus a few Musk. I prefer it for that alone already tbh but for certain builds such as VC or Bowpike, 500f is pretty good as G said
No Flag GettinBetter2
Crossbow

Post by GettinBetter2 »

Mhm maybe I go for the tower age up with double barrack and starting with 5pikes 5longbows. Then i go lb musk and sending 700w 600w..... I think tower age up will support better the aggression because i can defend my fb and can ship units to the position. Also I will build some huss later then. Seems still definitely like a real hard mu for brits.... I dont know why the people thing brit is favored here! If nyou have more advice or a different strategy please tell ... I am thankfull for all
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Don't go lb/pike. You need musks to fight ashi.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Pretty sure starting musk just isn’t good, I mean japs basically always gonna start yumi. I guess you can add cav super early but still.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Well you do lb musk but start lb and maybe 5 pike depending if japs are going heavy on shrines or not.

Also huss are mostly completely useless in this MU
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

do the age up that makes it so you get longbow from shrines intead of vills, you can watch tit stream back to see how it's done
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:Pretty sure starting musk just isn’t good, I mean japs basically always gonna start yumi. I guess you can add cav super early but still.
Japs basically always go pure ashi in this MU nowadays tbh. Anyway starting lb is usually fine, unless they age torii and go aggro in which case your lbs will get caught and you'd rather start musks
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

don_artie wrote:do the age up that makes it so you get longbow from shrines intead of vills, you can watch tit stream back to see how it's done
If you do that, have fun getting outeco'd hard by Japan. Not getting vills with manors anymore basically puts British eco on the level of Spanish.
Howdah

don_artie wrote:do the age up that makes it so you get longbow from shrines intead of vills, you can watch tit stream back to see how it's done
Tit is using the logistician age up ? Brits' one looks complete garbage tbh...
France louis293
Musketeer
ESO: obelix293

Post by louis293 »

i think this politician is a little bit troll, maybe aizamk will figure out some cheese builds with it like full manor booming age 1 with VC and constructing outpost while aging to 2 to direct start massing vs a water boom or a bot ff but overall it is a bad politician i think.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

gibson wrote:Pretty sure starting musk just isn’t good, I mean japs basically always gonna start yumi. I guess you can add cav super early but still.
I meant vs torii ashi rush (which is what all the jap do atm).
Against kami you start lb/pike but kami is not really an issue for brit tbh.
No Flag GettinBetter2
Crossbow

Post by GettinBetter2 »

Would you place the base at home when Japan go for the tori age ? Musk louses against ashis or not ?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Musks do ok against ashi, and you should either outboom or outmass. And ye, against tori rax at home is probably safer ^^