Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Small Update 18493

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Re: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Small Update 18493

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Just to be clear, im not anti this patch, but if there is a balance team working on the game then maybe a couple of sentences on things they are looking at and considering would be a nice extra touch. I assume they have had some conversations since the last patch was released.
aaryngend wrote:
I fear showing a leaderboard with > 200 entries would destroy the entire game.
Cant tell if this is german humour or serious talk
to be fair even a day later i kinda regret saying this. Im sure the devs have an eye on the challenge cup and plans are in place post tourny for larger updates which is great to see. And devs pushing both Quality of Life changes aswell as keeping on top of bugs and balance is always a thing to be applauded
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Has anybody else seen that they changed silversmith to have 20% yield from 10% yield underneath our noses without telling us? I swear it was 10% yield

hmm the official launch day patch says it was always +20% but i swear it was +10&% at some point
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Has anybody else seen that they changed silversmith to have 20% yield from 10% yield underneath our noses without telling us? I swear it was 10% yield

hmm the official launch day patch says it was always +20% but i swear it was +10&% at some point
japanese version is 10%
mad cuz bad
Zimbabwe 88_Baron_Rojo_88
Skirmisher

Post by 88_Baron_Rojo_88 »

a month to get nothing, and they say goodbye to a month to put 2 nonsense, such as showing the flags or the resources you collect per minute, which is totally unnecessary to load a little more over-information on the HUD and make it seem that they are still working on this game
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

I've still been having quite a few issues with units (usually huss or goon) getting stuck in TP sockets, native sockets, and coin mines. Luckily from what I've seen Tomminators don't have this issue so nice to see the devs with their priorities :flowers:
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

There are so many people willing to like spend an hour or 2 in providing input for free for developers.

I wonder why devs can't just reach out and say "need volunteers to make this game perfect"....and spend like a couple of hours going through the most important issues in the game right now on like a zoom session to really understand issues with game right now.

I'm sure there are at least a dozen of veteran knowledgable players who will put there hand up.

I mean that would be the smartest and most efficient way to get this game right.

At the moment I really feel devs are trying to juggle so much but not helping themselves by NOT being very smart going about it...instead we get changes that no one asked for or are like making issues worse sometimes
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@JKProwler
What zoom session? Just report the issues on the official forum. Provide pictures and vids to better illustrate your points.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

JKProwler wrote:There are so many people willing to like spend an hour or 2 in providing input for free for developers.

I wonder why devs can't just reach out and say "need volunteers to make this game perfect"....and spend like a couple of hours going through the most important issues in the game right now on like a zoom session to really understand issues with game right now.

I'm sure there are at least a dozen of veteran knowledgable players who will put there hand up.

I mean that would be the smartest and most efficient way to get this game right.

At the moment I really feel devs are trying to juggle so much but not helping themselves by NOT being very smart going about it...instead we get changes that no one asked for or are like making issues worse sometimes
Just put Aiz on charge for a week

Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

harcha wrote:@JKProwler
What zoom session? Just report the issues on the official forum. Provide pictures and vids to better illustrate your points.
I seriously doubt they read every posts. Also there are so many different posts on the official forums that are good suggestions and also some that are really bad.

Also there is juat something about getting instant answers and more elobarate response rather than devs replying on thread "can you provide more details" and then hoping for OP to reply bavk. Is just such an inefficent way to work.
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

JKProwler wrote:There are so many people willing to like spend an hour or 2 in providing input for free for developers.

tbh they just need to get Godmut on the case and the game would be patched by Friday...