why villagers do have a bonus against artillery

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher
ESO: DrAzTiK

why villagers do have a bonus against artillery

Post by draztik »

Just an existential question but I don't understand why this bonus exist. it doesn't make sense at all and it makes defense even more stronger, especially against falcs. (I play spain). So many civs can cancel two falcs with a bit of vill micro. nonsense

And of course, nobody has complain about it during all these time.

Also I think coureur des bois attack should be nerf. With french, you have a bunch of 20-25 free unraidables mousketaires lol too much for this cheated civ.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: why villagers do have a bonus against artillery

Post by Kaiserklein »

I mean, a regular vil with 3 attack deals 1.5 damage to cannons with the multiplier, and would deal 0.75 without. I don't think it's a big deal. In melee they deal 10 vs everything, and they don't have any multiplier.
Cdbs are better but that's precisely the point of being cdbs. They're definitely not unraidable anyway
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher

Post by draztik »

I am very frustrated against this civ... At least this stupid vill bonus against artillery should be remove Imo
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

maybe stop trying to Halb FF versus french then and play standard spanish, problem equals solved
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Yea all in ff as spain are suuuuper garbage vs french. I mean, 20 cdb can hold the piro ff by themself :P
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

I think it's good, adds an extra element of strategy/micro: can you micro your vills to kill the falcs or do you lose too many? risk/reward kind of thing
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher

Post by draztik »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:maybe stop trying to Halb FF versus french then and play standard spanish, problem equals solved
I think standard spanish may be a bit better but still fail. So the game last 20mn (and very boring game) instead of 10mn.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

draztik wrote:
I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:maybe stop trying to Halb FF versus french then and play standard spanish, problem equals solved
I think standard spanish may be a bit better but still fail. So the game last 20mn (and very boring game) instead of 10mn.
So what's your position? You don't like it because you want your all in timing to work regardless of opponent or what?
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher

Post by draztik »

chronique wrote:Yea all in ff as spain are suuuuper garbage vs french. I mean, 20 cdb can hold the piro ff by themself :P
Yes french have a very strong defense and they can 12/10 also and reach age III before spain with a very good eco....

But In many matchup FF halb is not all in if you can send spanish gold and 1k wood at the good timing . To have only 10-12 villagers is sometimes a big advantage because you are unraidable. You just have to catch gold near your tc and produce falcs.

Of course many player are aware about this build now but I don't consider it "all in" and it is a powerfull strategy in many matchup. This strategy should deserve a very big topic Imo.

Starting wood and age III 8 arbas make this strat strong in DE. It was not the case at all in aoe III legacy
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher

Post by draztik »

chris1089 wrote:
draztik wrote:
So what's your position? You don't like it because you want your all in timing to work regardless of opponent or what?
yes
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

End of meaningful discussion then I guess.
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher

Post by draztik »

doublon
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher

Post by draztik »

It was not sarcastic, my position is to remove this villager bonus against artilley.
No Flag draztik
Skirmisher

Post by draztik »

doublon
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

I mean, why ?

It's a pretty cool thing to melee canns with villagers. It looks like you want it to be removed because it doesn't fit your spain ff => push.

I play brit, is it possible to remove skirm ? They kill my musk. :(
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

"cheat civ"
why don't you try doing something other than 12/10 halb all-in. if you get good you might even discover that spain doesn't auto-lose at 20 minutes with normal play
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah not like spain even loses to france anyway, the MU is fine
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

draztik wrote:It was not sarcastic, my position is to remove this villager bonus against artilley.
but kaiser explained to you that the bonus don't apply to melee damage, and it's how you attack canon with vills right? so it's nonsense to complain about that
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

It exists for the sole purpose of beating Piro and Piro imposters. It's a mechanism that had to be implemented after Piro was deemed too good by the Developers.
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

I mean if you let villagers get close enough to your cannon then I think you deserve to lose them...