Micro battles while searching for game

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.

Interested in having microgames while waiting in quicksearch?

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes: 43

Australia ex0dvs
Crossbow
ESO: xdvs

Micro battles while searching for game

Post by ex0dvs »

Imagine if you could play some short scenarios while waiting for quicksearch. For example 10 skirm vs infinite waves of musk or 10 goons vs huss.
I'm thinking the microgames would look something like these scenarios from @Aussie_Drongo's micro vid.
Obviously, it wouldn't be anyway near as good as in video because... AI... but could still be fun.

But yeah just wondering if people would be interested in something like this?
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Re: Micro battles while searching for game

Post by Kanoo »

Idk i get games in around 4 min due to lower level. But personally, I wouldn't want to burn myself out before the game actually begins. I prefer the calm before the storm, so to speak.
thebritish wrote:
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?
Australia ex0dvs
Crossbow
ESO: xdvs

Post by ex0dvs »

Yeah fair enough. I think personally I always need a warm up
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Good idea but im still waiting to see spot 201 on the ladder and my units to not get stuck in every building
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Do you want to turn AOE3 into a cheap mobile game? I am sorry to say this but to me this idea is atrocious.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I guess thats how you know its a good idea^^
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Hazza54321 wrote:I guess thats how you know its a good idea^^
Instead of pushing for some cheap entertainment, try learning some patience.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Isn't staring at the max 200 leader board entertainment enough?

I would rather them add more stuff to profile like win rates and games played by civ and actually allow us to click on a players profile or look at lobby without kicking us out of QS or able to chat in the game with friends
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

I feel like sometime in the future games will have friend lists that allow you to see who is in game and who isn't, the ability to chat with them, check their stats while in queue etc. I can't wait for the future, maybe like 2030 or something
Brazil Youssef
Skirmisher
ESO: Youssef2709

Post by Youssef »

does anyone have a map micro?
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Jotunir wrote:Do you want to turn AOE3 into a cheap mobile game? I am sorry to say this but to me this idea is atrocious.
You only play on RE so why do you give a shit
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Nothing wrong with the idea tbh, makes sense to be able to warm or mechanics while waiting for a game. Unfortunately this would be a pretty “advanced” feature that will never happen.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

Jotunir wrote:Do you want to turn AOE3 into a cheap mobile game? I am sorry to say this but to me this idea is atrocious.
yeaaaah you're right, instead of that it's a cheap computer game full of bug, way better!
Vanuatu DoctorSulla
Musketeer
ESO: DoctorSulla

Post by DoctorSulla »

An entirely optional quality of life improvement? Atrocious! I see this feature more in desktop games than mobile anyway.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea mobile games don't have things like that haha, while games like CS and overwatch do. Jotunir being retarded and talking out of his ass about something he has no clue of, whats new.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

This won't work for one simple reason: the game needs to be made from the groundup for stuff like this to be feasible.
Look at Dota 2's client and how well the in-game and out-of-game experience is. This only worked because they implemented Source2.

I cannot wait for ppl to do micro battles while waiting for a game and then crashing because the game couldn't be loaded for whatever reason.

We have enough bugs already. Wishes like this are luxurious to say the least.
don_artie wrote:I feel like sometime in the future games will have friend lists that allow you to see who is in game and who isn't, the ability to chat with them, check their stats while in queue etc. I can't wait for the future, maybe like 2030 or something
Basic stuff like this is so much more imporant and so much easier to implement yet here we are.. missing key features :hmm:
No Flag iamgaming
Musketeer

Post by iamgaming »

If MS loved the game enough to add such a thing, waiting time for quicksearch wouldn’t be that long in the first place.
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

I don't think you can blame waiting time on MS tbh. AOE3 has a pretty small player base as opposed to games like aoe2 or CS:GO, with only 2-3k in-game at any particular time. Among those in-game, you'll have to leave out a large number of them that only play skirmish or campaign. The remaining that do que up do so in different game modes, and have varied ranks. By trying to speed up the qs, you're bound to be mismatched more often than not especially at higher elos.
thebritish wrote:
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I mean qs right now is not even that bad, its mostly a timezone thing for me at this point, when the US and Europe are awake I get games in under a min. when its just Asia it can take like 2-4 mins sometime. also depends on elo I think, it took much longer to get games as at 1200 for some reason then at 1300-1400
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

I mean they would need to fix scenario support before this could even happen :uglylol:
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

gibson wrote:Yea mobile games don't have things like that haha, while games like CS and overwatch do. Jotunir being retarded and talking out of his ass about something he has no clue of, whats new.
@gibson You are an insolent and I am not saying it on every oportunity. Instead of name-calling each other, it would be better for us to have a civilised discussion.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jotunir wrote:
gibson wrote:Yea mobile games don't have things like that haha, while games like CS and overwatch do. Jotunir being retarded and talking out of his ass about something he has no clue of, whats new.
@gibson You are an insolent and I am not saying it on every oportunity. Instead of name-calling each other, it would be better for us to have a civilised discussion.
Idiota
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

gibson wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
Idiota
Maldito bastardo.
No Flag iamgaming
Musketeer

Post by iamgaming »

Kanoo wrote:I don't think you can blame waiting time on MS tbh. AOE3 has a pretty small player base as opposed to games like aoe2 or CS:GO, with only 2-3k in-game at any particular time. Among those in-game, you'll have to leave out a large number of them that only play skirmish or campaign. The remaining that do que up do so in different game modes, and have varied ranks. By trying to speed up the qs, you're bound to be mismatched more often than not especially at higher elos.
2de started with 26.7k peak players and has 30.7k peak players and 16.8k average players in last 30 days. 3de started with 18k peak players and has 5.18k peak players and 2.97k average players in last 30 days.

3de had potentiality to reach 10k average players but it has less than 3k average players now. It had miserable A-move from TAD and sensational level unit-stucking much still far even a lot worse than TAD. There have been numerous issues other than them in various areas such as stability, optimization, balance, observe etc and etc which expel players from the game. If MS had given enough love to the game and hired sub-evil developer, how could this have happened?
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

iamgaming wrote:If MS had given enough love to the game and hired sub-evil developer, how could this have happened?
The devs aren't "sub-evil", the game was just released a year before it was ready.