Game failing to load in since patch

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Sweden Aussie_Drongo
Skirmisher
ESO: Darkalbino_

Game failing to load in since patch

Post by Aussie_Drongo »

Hi Guys, I know this should probably be under tech support, but more just seeking to gauge the spread through the community.

This evening while on stream I played 8 games successfully, but 8 separate times throughout the evening, my queue stopped, I began to load into a lobby and the game failed to start, either from the other player not loading in, or me not being able to see either display picture. I eventually had to resort to alt-F4ing each time, and eventually just played lobby games because it was happening so often.

I've just formatted my PC quite literally yesterday, perhaps there's a setting I forgot to turn off? A port I didn't open? I've disabled all firewalls and don't use a virus scanner.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Some people in twitch chat were saying that both Yukietty and Callen were having the same issue since the most recent patch, so what about you personally?
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: Game failing to load in since patch

Post by princeofcarthage »

I am excited to announce that we have recently enforced self stop policy. If the game brain seems that you are playing too much of AoE 3, it automatically bugs the game to discourage you from further engagement. If you wish to continue playing you must confirm that you are 18+, you must drink a full glass of water, take a walk or do some excersize. Then only your priviledge be restored. The move is aimed at preventing people specifically small children from becoming addicts and spending too much time on computer. Hope this helps.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

@Aussie_Drongo Im sorry to hear about the issue and that im even more sorry you had to read that utter shit post from princeofgarbage. It wasnt useful nor was it funny, just wasting everyones time with pointless comments like that
Sweden Aussie_Drongo
Skirmisher
ESO: Darkalbino_

Post by Aussie_Drongo »

Changing my name from quite literally "#####" has seemed to have fixed this issue.
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

aiz had the same issue
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

This issue comes from 2020. https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/match ... ers/111567
Usually it will be kinda rare for me (not more than 1 in 10 games), but sometimes i'll get multiple in a row.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher
ESO: CR_Joops

Post by CR_Joops »

I've had a few of these. Usually verifying game files a couple of times, restarting etc helps.

Very annoying though.
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

Those have happened frequently for me since the last patch, as evident on my latest stream (I think it was the last one)
More than half of my games are affected by this, primarily happens in team games
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

I played 6 team games over the weekend (lobby games, 2v2) and nobody of us ever came across this issue. I will report back if this happens to one of us during the next days or weeks.