Attack delay/build up for each ranged unit?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Indonesia arivus
Musketeer

Attack delay/build up for each ranged unit?

Post by arivus »

According to the fandom, Cav Archer has a 0.61s delay before attacking compared to Dragoon with 0.43s. It's also mentioned that Longbowmen has a 0.98s attack delay. On the Longbowmen page, it's also mentioned that other ranged units have either 0.45-0.49s frame delay before firing. The link for the article is below:

https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Lo ... pires_III)
https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Ca ... pires_III)

My question is does anyone have a complete list of each ranged unit attack delay? Does it mean from the data above that both Cav Archer, Manchu, Keshik, Yojimbo, Bow Rider, and ERK have the same 0.61s delay or Dragoon, Zamburak, Ruyter, and Howdah have 0.43s? What about Xbow and Skirmisher? Or each unit have different attack delay?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Attack delay/build up for each ranged unit?

Post by harcha »

viewtopic.php?f=982&t=21963
Maybe @NewAoeIIIAi can help you on this topic.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

#buff longbows
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

oxaloacetate wrote:#buff longbows
#no
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

i mean they sort of buffed longbows recently, granted in the late game and only against heavy infantry so eh
No Flag iamgaming
Musketeer

Post by iamgaming »

It’s an out of topic but bow units normally have more pre-attack delay. Gunpower units should have actual reloading system, not just a meaningless animation.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

iamgaming wrote:It’s an out of topic but bow units normally have more pre-attack delay. Gunpower units should have actual reloading system, not just a meaningless animation.
yeah their post attack loading animation is a bit meaningless if they can apparently just reload while moving. I think its ok if they can attack instantly after reloading but they maybe should have to do the reload animation before firing again.

dragoons have pistols so maybe have 5 free shots till have a forced reloading animation.

I do think that might make cav even more important and powerful
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Before you overthink bringing realism into an RTS game I ask you to stop.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag NewAoeIIIAi
Crossbow

Post by NewAoeIIIAi »

answering because I was pinged(?)

delay is all over the place and seems to change with certain upgrades. for example a base musketeer(.48) seems to fire slower than an imperial redcoat(.45), which is a bigger difference than crossbows(.48) vs skirmishers(.46).

also units don't always have the same attack delay even within the same upgrade, caroleans have two different series of melee attack delays depending if the charge ability is active or not. if active, it can be .47, .27 or .31 seconds long depending on the animation used. when not active, it can be .53, .52, .69, or .50 seconds long. and cacadores have different delay depending on if they use the standing animation(.37) or kneeling animation(.48), so your guess is as good as mines on the average delay for some of these units.

some units like yabusame(.28) and yojimbo(0.25) fire so fast their projectiles launch before their animation even begins and is completely desynced. you can really feel how much love the devs put into Japanese units in general when you look into the files.
United States of America dutchdude117
ESOC Community Team
ESO: Dutchdude117

Post by dutchdude117 »

NewAoeIIIAi wrote: some units like yabusame(.28) and yojimbo(0.25) fire so fast their projectiles launch before their animation even begins and is completely desynced. you can really feel how much love the devs put into Japanese units in general when you look into the files.
For some reason this just makes me sad... playing against Japan makes me not want to play the game more.