Unpopular opinion, should Argentines be a Revolutionary or European civilization?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.

Should the Argentines be a Revolutionary or European civilization?

Revolutionary
50%
European
4%
01000111 01100001 01110010 01101010 01100001
46%

Total votes: 28

Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Unpopular opinion, should Argentines be a Revolutionary or European civilization?

Post by EliteRifleman »

After the most recent video of Aussie_Drongo, there is no doubt, their infinite cows and grenadiers are equivalent to torps and carolean.
-The idea of ​​this topic is that they forget about the Turks.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: Unpopular opinion, should Argentines be a Revolutionary or European civilization?

Post by princeofcarthage »

Just taking a wild guess here, Option 3 is Garja
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Indonesia arivus
Musketeer

Re: Unpopular opinion, should Argentines be a Revolutionary or European civilization?

Post by arivus »

I like Argentina, it effects for both Spanish and German offer a unique gameplay even though non of it's bonus enhance both faction unit. The Gauchos lack upgrade but good enough for a 1pop unit for the job. The mounted grenadier is also good for sieging building with 10 range and also only 1 pop. This option not only enhancing Spanish and German already good cavalry play but also open new strats in all cavalry.
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

I'm not too sure about that. But what I do know, is that the Falkland Islands are ours.
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
Retired Contributor

Afaik Argentina was never interested in falkland islands for any reason other than internal diversion
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

It's not in europe.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

princeofcarthage wrote:Afaik Argentina was never interested in falkland islands for any reason other than internal diversion
That's not true.

Falklands has a lot of oil around it.

They believe it's theirs also due to proximity.

And finally they're whiny bitches.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Riotcoke wrote:It's not in europe.
Nor is 90% of Turkey
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

dietschlander wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:It's not in europe.
Nor is 90% of Turkey

Thats why its called ottoman and not turkey (unless u mean the bird then i let it go)
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

Riotcoke wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Afaik Argentina was never interested in falkland islands for any reason other than internal diversion
That's not true.

Ur mom is too but you dont hear me complaining.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Riotcoke wrote:
That's not true.

I wouldn't have expected anything less from someone so rude and unpleasant.
The same goes for you @CuCkO0.
Why are even talking about Malvinas when they do not concern this thread?
I find it very disrespectful.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Laughing at Argentines malding over the Falklands is one of my favourite pastimes. The Falkland Islands are British and will forever remain that way.
Retired Contributor

InsectPoison wrote:Laughing at Argentines malding over the falklands is one of my favourite past times. The Falkland Islands are British and will forever remain that way.
Don't be so sure, powershifts have always happened and empires have always fallen. British empire is a shadow of what it once was and leaning towards the eventual demise in few years.
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

princeofcarthage wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:Laughing at Argentines malding over the falklands is one of my favourite past times. The Falkland Islands are British and will forever remain that way.
Don't be so sure, powershifts have always happened and empires have always fallen. British empire is a shadow of what it once was and leaning towards the eventual demise in few years.
I think your estimations are a bit off. The British Empire hasn't existed for a while now. Someone needs a lesson in history
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

If by European you mean is playable and functions similar to European? No I can’t support that for the same reason I don’t support the US. Nations based in the Americas should remain revoltionary only, though it wouldn’t hurt to change the mechanic and make it a little less alienating and less of an all in.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Peachrocks wrote:If by European you mean is playable and functions similar to European? No I can’t support that for the same reason I don’t support the US. Nations based in the Americas should remain revoltionary only, though it wouldn’t hurt to change the mechanic and make it a little less alienating and less of an all in.
I am hoping that one day they will add a new "American" tech group, like Wotta. And add the US, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, etc.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Alright after playing de for 3 weeks im already done with it again.
Luckily im not too addicted to aoe anymore like i used to be. Thanks everyone but i didnt feel like making a special thread for it.
DE is too bad of a game cya round. See ya occasionally every now and then and on the forums ofc cuz i rlly love u all 3001
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

sebnan12 wrote:Alright after playing de for 3 weeks im already done with it again.
Luckily im not too addicted to aoe anymore like i used to be. Thanks everyone but i didnt feel like making a special thread for it.
DE is too bad of a game cya round. See ya occasionally every now and then and on the forums ofc cuz i rlly love u all 3001
gg
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

InsectPoison wrote:Laughing at Argentines malding over the Falklands is one of my favourite pastimes.
Your life must be very sad.
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Jotunir wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:Laughing at Argentines malding over the Falklands is one of my favourite pastimes.
Your life must be very sad.
Exhibit A:
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

Jotunir wrote:
Riotcoke wrote:
That's not true.

I wouldn't have expected anything less from someone so rude and unpleasant.
The same goes for you @CuCkO0.
Why are even talking about Malvinas when they do not concern this thread?
I find it very disrespectful.
Crikey I said that a while ago. Maybe stop clinging onto things of the past. And things that don't belong to you. ;)
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

The thing i find amusing about this is that yeah, Britain rightfully has the Falklands and it’ll likely hold onto it for the foreseeable future. However once (if lol) Queen Elizabeth dies? It’s likely it’s going to lose a whole lot more.

So my advice? Be very careful about throwing stones. :flowers:
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Anyway, I think we can all agree that Argentina should remain as a revolutionary civilization.
Retired Contributor

Peachrocks wrote:The thing i find amusing about this is that yeah, Britain rightfully has the Falklands and it’ll likely hold onto it for the foreseeable future. However once (if lol) Queen Elizabeth dies? It’s likely it’s going to lose a whole lot more.

UK actually agreed to a discussion about Falkland islands when decolonization was the trend before the war. However after the war UK made it clear that any discussion is now off the table, Falkland islands are UK territory, and granted british citizenship to them.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Peachrocks wrote:The thing i find amusing about this is that yeah, Britain rightfully has the Falklands and it’ll likely hold onto it for the foreseeable future. However once (if lol) Queen Elizabeth dies? It’s likely it’s going to lose a whole lot more.

UK actually agreed to a discussion about Falkland islands when decolonization was the trend before the war. However after the war UK made it clear that any discussion is now off the table, Falkland islands are UK territory, and granted british citizenship to them.
Please stop talking about the war, it will only stir up controversy. You have to take into account that Argentina at the time was ruled by a military government. Our de facto military leaders at the time intended the war to be a distraction to stay in power for a longer period and thought wrongly that England was not going to retaliate, because they had misplaced confidence in their alliance with the USA (Their secret masters who betrayed them, I advice you to read about "Operation Condor").

My point is that if they do not want to give us back the Islands now that we have been free from any kind of military dictatorship for quite some time and at peace with them, It just shows their true colours. They use them to extract resources from our homeland, that is the real reason why they won’t give them back any time soon.