regarding alt dragbox

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

regarding alt dragbox

Post by don_artie »

someone should instantly realise you cant put alt flare into the game without fucking up easy drag, if somehow not realised it should be tested and then realised, if somehow that doesnt happen and it does end up in the game it should be removed after 2 hours, if somehow that doesnt happen it should be removed in the hotfix, if somehow that doesnt happen they need to wonder what they're doing.

everyone has their own treshold of what they are okay with before they start playing less. some people started playing less because of shift bug, some because of sweden being OP, some because of units being stuck in tp, or whatever reason people had. i was okay with most of it, but these sorta things where you can't do something anymore it feels very bad to me. for me this is the first time I feel like the devs are completely incompetent and I can't believe it is still in the game now. honestly aoe3 DE could be in a decent spot if they just spent time on the most important stuff which is fixing bugs. Civ balance is at least reasonable atm
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Re: regarding alt dragbox

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Tbh I can't understand how there was not a hotfix to solve the most obvious bugs introduced by the patch.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

We should instantly realize that DE has no testers, the company releases patches without ever playing a single game on it to see what will happen...

Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

At this point I completely lost faith in the team. I hope to be surprised, but atm I'm waiting that next week they will announce a paid dlc including a couple overpowered civs that you still play agaisnt if you havent bought the dlc. Yes, thats how optimistic i am about the team and game future.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah the game came out basically 6 months ago and it's still nowhere near competitive. Despite being largely based on a fan patch and getting lots of community feedback. Seems kinda hopeless at this point
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Honestly this is a pretty minor issue compared to a lot of the stuff that was happening after launch. Also, as someone pointed out in the twitch chat, if you click first and then hold alt, then alt drag still works.
oranges.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

Its not a minpr fucking issue. But i agree that its by no means the worst thing de has managed to fail at. I literally won a close game vs passi only because he had 6 fuking vills in a tp. And on top of that its still not fixed .. i mean comeon
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

Aizamk wrote:Honestly this is a pretty minor issue compared to a lot of the stuff that was happening after launch. Also, as someone pointed out in the twitch chat, if you click first and then hold alt, then alt drag still works.
i dont think its a minor issue at all and above all it simply illustrates how messed up the entire "process" is - zero testing --> new bugs --> no fix within any reasonable amount of time and repeat
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher
ESO: Cleters

Post by Cleters »

I agree with knusch, not a minor bug to me neither, it's the first that annoys me that much on DE tbh. :/

Even if you forget the flair problem, the simple dragbox is completly buggy since last patch. I can't count how many times it ruined my micro vills at start by non-selecting them or selecting all of them when I drag or click on a single vill...
Italy MaxMagous
Skirmisher
ESO: MaxMagous

Post by MaxMagous »

I made a thread literally a few hours after the patch had been released..now sadly this is what is keeping me away from the game, for the first time since release
look wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 08:55
Kaiserklein wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 07:42
Well nvm, none of these dates work for me
who care? unfortunately, one must decide to be an aoe3 pro or not
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

I watched this vid from angryJoe and essentially this rant just resonates with me. if you watch this and replace the game he is talking about with aoe3de then there are very similar topics and emotions lets say, worth a watch.

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Can we declare the game dead yet? (At least its competitive side?)

Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

macacoalbino wrote:Can we declare the game dead yet? (At least its competitive side?)
nah far from it fam, this is fixed

Come and watch ESOC stream tomorrow and monday
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:Can we declare the game dead yet? (At least its competitive side?)
nah far from it fam, this is fixed

Come and watch ESOC stream tomorrow and monday

Is alt dragbox somehow fixed without a patch?
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

well when the DLC drops it will come with a patch, so it will get changed then i assume. Regardless of if you unlock us or not
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher

Post by Cleters »

Dragbox has been fixed somehow, at least for me. I don't have any problem left for some days. Idk how without a patch but it is what it is.
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

I saw something in hotkeys sayaing Alt-F was "Enter Flare mode" which I don't remember seeing before, maybe they snuck that in with the Aztec hotfix
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

It has not been fixed.
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

Yeah I played another game and you're right...
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon

Post by don_artie »

alt drag works again now, just have alt flare bind to a random key you dont use
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

don_artie wrote:alt drag works again now, just have alt flare bind to a random key you dont use
There is an "unbind" button ;)
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon

Post by don_artie »

Mitoe wrote:
don_artie wrote:alt drag works again now, just have alt flare bind to a random key you dont use
There is an "unbind" button ;)
yea I know, but when I had it unbind alt drag wouldnt work, only when I had it bound to a random key
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher
ESO: CR_Joops

Post by CR_Joops »

I can now play a game I paid actual money for again. :mrgreen:
No Flag Cleters
Skirmisher

Post by Cleters »

Well, the simple dragbox is still awfully buged for me again... am I the only one ?

I use to dragbox my vills to micro them and there's just too much moments when it select all my vills when I drag only like 2 or 3 of them. It's just awfull, last day it happened like 5 times in the same game.