Future African civs and an introduction

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Canada grunk
Crossbow

Future African civs and an introduction

Post by grunk »

Hi there! Long time lurker, first time poster here! Just dropping an introduction as well as an observation. It looks like Ethiopia and a Nigerian civ are going to be coming to the game during this year. Thoughts? What are some African civs that you're crossing your fingers for?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Re: Future African civs and an introduction

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I am just so happy they are finally doing it! So I guess I do not care as much but would like to see a Zulu nation for a 3 civ release.

Did anyone notice hippos in the water? the game will have hippos!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:I am just so happy they are finally doing it! So I guess I do not care as much but would like to see a Zulu nation for a 3 civ release.

Did anyone notice hippos in the water? the game will have hippos!
The hippos are actually a hidden message about getting vaccinated
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

I'm guessing Barbary States and Ethiopia will be two of the civs, since both are already sort of in the game, as revolts and as historical campaigns. Barbary States makes a lot of sense since it would be like Morocco, the first country to recognize the US. And Ethiopia is just a classic AoE civ.

If Nigeria is the third, that would be awesome. It would probably be a more generally West African civ, and I bet we would see something like the Dahomey Amazon warriors, the female soldiers of the Dahomey kingdom, and probably some kind of Timbuktu Grand Mosque as a wonder or church style building. I really wonder if they are going to address the slave trade at all, but seeing as how its left out of the US civ, I'm guessing not.

Zulus would be cool too, as would Kongo, Sudan, Somalia, Zanzibar, or Madagascar, but I'm not holding my breath for any of these, they are more obscure.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Squamiger wrote:the first country to recognize the US
TIL. Why did it take France and The Netherlands three more years to recognize the US, despite helping them in their independence war?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
TIL. Why did it take France and The Netherlands three more years to recognize the US, despite helping them in their independence war?
It's due to them being cringe
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Squamiger wrote:I'm guessing Barbary States and Ethiopia will be two of the civs, since both are already sort of in the game, as revolts and as historical campaigns. Barbary States makes a lot of sense since it would be like Morocco, the first country to recognize the US. And Ethiopia is just a classic AoE civ.

If Nigeria is the third, that would be awesome. It would probably be a more generally West African civ, and I bet we would see something like the Dahomey Amazon warriors, the female soldiers of the Dahomey kingdom, and probably some kind of Timbuktu Grand Mosque as a wonder or church style building. I really wonder if they are going to address the slave trade at all, but seeing as how its left out of the US civ, I'm guessing not.

Zulus would be cool too, as would Kongo, Sudan, Somalia, Zanzibar, or Madagascar, but I'm not holding my breath for any of these, they are more obscure.
I wanna play as Mansa Musa, idc if his Malian empire was 500 years earlier
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Cause we just did it to mess with the English.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Cause we just did it to mess with the English.
The truth has been spoken.