The DE generation

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.

Are you enjoying DE direction?

Yes
51%
No
21%
Yes, but there are too many changes
10%
No, there are too many changes
5%
It's complicated (others)
12%

Total votes: 113

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: The DE generation

Post by gibson »

Jotunir wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:right, Considering they are free, if you ship one arsenal and build two, you are still paying less then others civs pay to get a single arsenal tech.. but you will have them all. card is just designed to be broken. there is no way someone compared the advanced arsenal card to this new one and said "yeah sounds fair"

Someone could argue that "but usa is bad now!" but that's just the launch patch, if they give them a couple small buffs so they arent so slow, then crazy things like this arsenal start to show in games and prove the civ impossible to balance, and we are back to the beggining of the thread: new content is designed to be fun, not competitive
Actually, I think that they are just trying to gild the pill to keep money milking people with this abomination ironically called "Definitive Edition".
DE has overall objectively been a success(although obviously not as much at the “competitive” level) but stay mad that your shitbox pc can’t run it.
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

helln00 wrote: I don't think its that their minutemen are permanent, its that their HP floor is higher, so they wont go down to 1 HP naturally. I remember its like 50 HP, which means that for the most part they tank 2 hits instead of 1. That is pretty strong but I don't think its breaking.
iz2nj3rmj1t61.png
i7kwyhgnj1t61.png
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Show me more broken units
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

To be fair, that's including the marine card.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

gibson wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:right, Considering they are free, if you ship one arsenal and build two, you are still paying less then others civs pay to get a single arsenal tech.. but you will have them all. card is just designed to be broken. there is no way someone compared the advanced arsenal card to this new one and said "yeah sounds fair"

Someone could argue that "but usa is bad now!" but that's just the launch patch, if they give them a couple small buffs so they arent so slow, then crazy things like this arsenal start to show in games and prove the civ impossible to balance, and we are back to the beggining of the thread: new content is designed to be fun, not competitive
Actually, I think that they are just trying to gild the pill to keep money milking people with this abomination ironically called "Definitive Edition".
DE has overall objectively been a success(although obviously not as much at the “competitive” level) but stay mad that your shitbox pc can’t run it.
The problem is not about my pc at all (ad hominem btw).
Hundreds of new bugs, new civs with completely broken mechanics, politically motivated unnecessary changes and performance issues. Those are the real problems this "Definitive Edition" has.
Anyhow, I hope you have a nice day!
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Jets wrote:
helln00 wrote: I don't think its that their minutemen are permanent, its that their HP floor is higher, so they wont go down to 1 HP naturally. I remember its like 50 HP, which means that for the most part they tank 2 hits instead of 1. That is pretty strong but I don't think its breaking.
iz2nj3rmj1t61.png
i7kwyhgnj1t61.png
Is that with cards that they don't lose their HP? I am pretty sure that naturally they still lose HP