Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Update 23511

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Update 23511

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

duckzilla wrote:Omg the patch notes:
Units spawned from buildings for free—such as Heavy Cannons at the Factory—will now wait for the population space to spawn rather than being lost entirely if blocked from doing so.
That really took 16 years :shock:
Wow, I had this occur during a game against drongo in the stream and I already thought that was strange, I figured that must've been changed at some point. Didn't realize it was changed in the beta I was playing on.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

hmmmmm already I feel like this challenge system is bugged. I just recruited waaaay more than 50 native units in a single game, TWICE, and the challenge still says its unfulfilled...
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Squamiger wrote:hmmmmm already I feel like this challenge system is bugged. I just recruited waaaay more than 50 native units in a single game, TWICE, and the challenge still says its unfulfilled...
The question is, did you press "begin"?
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Eagerly awaiting the hotfix in a few days which hopefully irons out the most prominent crashes and bugs.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
Squamiger wrote:hmmmmm already I feel like this challenge system is bugged. I just recruited waaaay more than 50 native units in a single game, TWICE, and the challenge still says its unfulfilled...
I figured it out, it needed to be 50 on the field at once, not just in total. I also figured out that these challenges are worth waaaay more than 5 dollars of my time
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Squamiger wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
I figured it out, it needed to be 50 on the field at once, not just in total. I also figured out that these challenges are worth waaaay more than 5 dollars of my time
i did it without 50 at the same time.

did you quit the game without resigning first? that wont work
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher
ESO: CR_Joops

Post by CR_Joops »

Squamiger wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
I have tried 0 challenges but had already decided this
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Come to think of it, maybe those bigger updates do include a bitcoin miner in them, so that if you decide to not buy the USA civ but just play the challenges, you'd still end up making them money by mining for them, without even knowing.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Americas team TC and bison card spawn chu ko nu for team mates. You cant make this stuff up i swear hahaha
Attachments
Bison card.PNG
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

lul
Even US troops are made in China.
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Also infinite XP generation from the random outlaws and random mercs card in age 3 and 4. shipments cant be cancelled but refund xp for infinite xp farming. Same for the age 4 card but it refunds 3.5K coin each time leading to infinite coin and xp. some guy has already posted on the official forums

I would record it but i got to go now
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Ah! So that's where my chuko-bisons came from yesterday!
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Americas team TC and bison card spawn chu ko nu for team mates. You cant make this stuff up i swear hahaha
Thats not even a chu ko nu, it’s some hellish combination bred of beastiality
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher

Post by CR_Joops »

Chu kow nu
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

aqwer's abus gun who fires Spahis are coming !
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

CR_Joops wrote:Chu kow nu
Chu ko moo?
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Also infinite XP generation from the random outlaws and random mercs card in age 3 and 4. shipments cant be cancelled but refund xp for infinite xp farming. Same for the age 4 card but it refunds 3.5K coin each time leading to infinite coin and xp. some guy has already posted on the official forums

I would record it but i got to go now
So America is literally freelo, got it. :)
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher

Post by CR_Joops »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
CR_Joops wrote:Chu kow nu
Cho ko moo?
Damn that's better
Netherlands xxsix9xx
Crossbow
ESO: Xzyage

Post by xxsix9xx »

duckzilla wrote:Omg the patch notes:
Units spawned from buildings for free—such as Heavy Cannons at the Factory—will now wait for the population space to spawn rather than being lost entirely if blocked from doing so.
That really took 16 years :shock:
I still want al those connons back that lost in the last 16 years 8-) (so frustrating) :lol:
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

HOTFIX 24632

Today’s small update brings with it a handful of fixes for issues that led to a sub-optimal experience. The team continues to focus on improvements to the game based on feedback and issues identified by the community, so please keep sharing your voice with us on topics that you’re passionate about with us on the official forums or Steam discussions.

GAME

Stability & Performance
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when playing a multiplayer scenario after a Human player was replaced with AI.
  • Fixed an issue where random, non-host players might disconnect from the game when the host dropped out of an multiplayer match by closing the game with the X button.
  • Fixed a crash that could cause a crash in large Skirmish/Multiplayer games, especially when AI players were present.
  • Fixed an occasional crash that could occur while creating a scenario.
Audio
  • Fixed an issue where UI sounds would no longer play.
    The correct audio file now plays for Washington AI’s ♪ “To Ally When He Gathers Nugget” ♪ line.
UI
  • Added a notification for when a challenge has been completed.
  • Fixed a number of minor text errors in various non-English languages.
  • Added a countdown timer showing the time until the next USA Challenge is available once the maximum number of daily challenges have been attempted.
  • Fixed an issue where users were unable to join a Ranked game search lobby if the invite was sent via the Steam UI.
  • Fixed an issue where the Civilization was reset to Spanish when a client left the lobby of a multiplayer scenario game.
GAMEPLAY

General
  • Trading Post: Fixed a prevalent bug that sometimes prevented Wagons and Rickshaws from being able to construct on Trading Post and Native Settlement sockets.
  • Fixed an issue where the “Tennessee” USA Event challenge was unable to be completed using certain types of villagers.
Fixes
  • Fixed potential issues with certain auras when playing a saved or recorded game.
CIVILIZATIONS

General
  • Fixed an issue where cards that deliver ‘random’ units, such as the Poker (IV) card, could not be unqueued/canceled.
  • Fixed an issue where new visuals were not being shown for upgrades of the Minuteman and Gatling Gun.
UNITS & BUILDINGS
  • Native Embassies: Now properly constructed by Villagers as described in the update notes published alongside the launch of the new United States civ.
  • Homestead Wagon: Now properly construct houses for all civilizations.
UPGRADES
  • Tupi Forest Burning (I): Now properly also decreases Construction Wagon wood cost in the same way it affects building wood cost.
The Germans

CARDS
  • Master Surgeons: Now correctly enables the training of Surgeons at the Church.
The Lakota

UNITS & BUILDINGS
  • Teepee: No longer affects Captured Mortars.
The Ottomans

CARDS
  • Food Silos: Now available, was previously missing.
The United States

CIVILIZATION
  • General: Now correctly uses a name out of a selection of random historical United States figures and no longer mistakenly uses Lakota/Haudenosaunee War Chief names.
  • Ironclad: Long Range Bombardment Attack now correctly no longer inflicts bonus damage against Docks, and now also deals 0.2x to Villagers.
  • Team Louisiana Purchase: Fixed an issue where other non-American teammates would receive Chu-Ko-Nu units labeled as a Bison instead of shipping actual Bison.
  • Fixed a bug where it was possible to obtain the Bastion wall upgrade for walls by sending Extensive Fortifications.
  • The auras of Teepees, Inspiring Flag and War Chiefs no longer improve AbstractArtillery.
UNITS & BUILDINGS
  • Brigadier General (V): Players must now be in the Imperial Age in order to research this State Capitol upgrade, as intended.
  • Quaker Gun: Added animations to Mortar Guy attachment and removed all transitions.
  • Quaker Gun: Now displays decoy portrait for enemies in the selected units panel.
  • Capitol General upgrade: Now properly requires Imperial Age to be researched.
  • State Militia: Speed decreased from 5 ▶ 4.75.
  • State Militia: Like-unit HP improvement cap is now increased to 50 with the ‘Imperial State Militia’ upgrade (V) – moved from National Guard ‘Volunteers’ upgrade (IV)
  • Regular: Damage increased from 24 ▶ 25.
  • Regular: Food cost decreased by 5.
  • Sharpshooter: Base range increased by +1.
  • Sharpshooter: Damage increased from 14 ▶ 15.
CARDS
  • California Gold Rush (IV): Now ensures settlers spawned for free from Town Centers respect build limits.
  • New Jersey Seaports (IV): Now properly enables Plymouth Settlers to be sent again.
  • New Jersey Seaports (IV): Added tooltip to clarify this card only affects crates delivered by shipments.
  • INF 1 Gatling Guns (III): Now delivers 1 Gatling Gun, as intended (down from 2).
  • TEAM Alaska Purchase (IV): Now displays the correct number (6) on the card icon.
  • Springfield Armory (II): Shipment time has been decreased from 60 ▶ 40 seconds.
  • Updated Texan Fort icons for the Texan Forts (V) card and added missing tactic icons for the Dragoon, Grenadier, Magyar Hussar, and Uhlan.
  • Corrected the spawning time of some of the free unit batches which can be enabled, so that the time taken for them to spawn is directly proportional to the cost of the spawned units.
  • Morris Canal (IV): Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented its effect from working if cards were queued in a particular way.
  • United States Marines (III): Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent Marines from being pre-fixed with “Guard” or “Imperial” status upon reaching the relevant Age.
  • Heavy Fortifications (IV): Fixed an issue that enabled the United States to obtain the Bastion upgrade for walls if this card was sent, they now instead correctly get the Redoubts upgrade.
  • [Aztec] 6 Coyote Runners: Card reduced to 5.
  • Extensive Fortifications card (II): The United States no longer have access to this card, for the purpose of Treaty balance.
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

there is also a quite significant balance changes not mentioned in the above list. very dissapointing that these are not made public
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:there is also a quite significant balance changes not mentioned in the above list. very dissapointing that these are not made public
such as?
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

state milita speed nerf (slight) regula cost and damage buff (slight), something about gatling gun possibly, drongos vid comments a bit more i thinkk
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe3d ... tfix-24632

appears to be most updated patch list
also aztec 6 coyotes down to 5