Impressions on USA

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Re: Impressions on USA

Post by duckzilla »

blasdg wrote:Their stats in colonial are so bad though, they cost 60F 50C and have 1 more attack than a regular musk.
Many thanks for this crucial information. That's quite expensive.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

blasdg wrote:Their stats in colonial are so bad though, they cost 60F 50C and have 1 more attack than a regular musk.
2 more range on a musk unit and +1 attack is definitely great stats for this cost
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

2 more range means they should win every musk fight which is a large portion of colonial wars
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

Wait they have 2 more range by default?
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

After finally getting access to the USA via the 50 challenges, I now played them for the first time myself. Was fun. Spammed militia in a 3v3. It was quite confusing and I was a bad teammate at some points because I was horribly distracted by the multiple age-up options. For some age-ups, it took me some minutes to go through it.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Judging from top player performances with them, the US seem pretty weak. Even if they haven't been figured out completely yet.
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

I've watched look_tom being kited for 6 mins straight on stream, with only Cowboys(Comancheros), the saloon units are underrated, specially on age2.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

I unlocked them yesterday. I think there’s a bit to explore and I think the optimal age ups may change based on circumstance. Kinda curious as to what other players have been trying, in my short time I’ve done lots of different builds. I heard 3 cdb is considered standard but little else.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

State militia is quite strong, especially late-game. It is rather easy to get to stats like 350hp/40dmg for a unit that is slightly a lot cheaper than a skirm.

Regarding age-ups, I noted that I always do the same ones. Either Virginia or Rhode Island as a first, but afterwards always New Hampshire - South Carolina - Illinois. Rhode Island is particularly strong in team games, imo. You generally have a bit less pressure and can conveniently send more villagers to chop for wood due to cheaper vill production. Combined with State Militia production, this has been quite strong in some matches.

Do you have any suggestions regarding the choice of federal states and some nice strategies surrounding them?

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

Well the coin trickle from Penn is very useful for age 2 play. Massachusetts is nice if u wanna start cav to ensure a full batch.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Ah so that is one of the unique improvements in the Meeting House? I guess I will check it out in the evening.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon

Post by Plantinator »

Yeah u get kind of a unique church card with Penn. Coin trickle is free and u get 5 sharpshooters and 5 carabiners u can send in at a food cost.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Has anyone been able to stop the fatts Russell build with any civ?!? @bwinner @edwardteatx @analworsher9
Argentina Jets
Dragoon

Post by Jets »

After playing a bit with every strategy possible I finally realized whats behind all that "free but long to achieve" techs, buildings and stuff: Slavery.

Cool move devs.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon

Post by Plantinator »

Jets wrote:After playing a bit with every strategy possible I finally realized whats behind all that "free but long to achieve" techs, buildings and stuff: Slavery.

Cool move devs.
Wait what?
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Plantinator wrote:
Jets wrote:After playing a bit with every strategy possible I finally realized whats behind all that "free but long to achieve" techs, buildings and stuff: Slavery.

Cool move devs.
Wait what?
Im guessing he is saying that the techs are free but take a long time to represent the free labour that slavery provided to get the techs but it slows you down in doing so
Argentina Jets
Dragoon

Post by Jets »

Exactly, they played a sneaky on us, they couldn't make it that obvious.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon

Post by Plantinator »

Do u rly think plantation negroes that were regularly whipped worked slowly? Lmao
Argentina Jets
Dragoon

Post by Jets »

Plantinator wrote:Do u rly think plantation negroes that were regularly whipped worked slowly? Lmao
1st of all: Rude.
2nd: I didn't refer to any of that.

Think about the arsenal techs, normally you'd have slightly trained manufacturers under proffessional supervision, thus giving you a normal time and cost of techs research.

But for the US you get a 100% discount, no credit involved, no tax, freely wheely BUT extremely longer to research techs, thus can be translated into no-trained at all slaves under strict supervision, no payment, no secondary costs involved.

It's just my opinion, but it really suits the whole American economic slavery system.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Why would I allow a slave to work with gunpowder? Don't know what happened in America during these times, but I can't imagine giving a slave access to weapons for research purposes, e.g. on paper cartridges, incendiary grenades, socket bayonets, and flint locks.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon

Post by Plantinator »

Jets wrote:
Plantinator wrote:Do u rly think plantation negroes that were regularly whipped worked slowly? Lmao
1st of all: Rude.
2nd: I didn't refer to any of that.

Think about the arsenal techs, normally you'd have slightly trained manufacturers under proffessional supervision, thus giving you a normal time and cost of techs research.

But for the US you get a 100% discount, no credit involved, no tax, freely wheely BUT extremely longer to research techs, thus can be translated into no-trained at all slaves under strict supervision, no payment, no secondary costs involved.

It's just my opinion, but it really suits the whole American economic slavery system.
1. Where the fuck was i being rude?
2. You did
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Post by Peachrocks »

Considering the general amnesia certain developers want to have regarding this period and gloss over the horrors the US and others committed during this period. Yeah no. Also no chance they’d allow slaves to work with guns.

Now the line of sight and extra population space on mills and ‘estates’ on the other hand...
Argentina Jets
Dragoon

Post by Jets »

Plantinator wrote:
1. Where the fuck was i being rude?
2. You did
I was refering to that way of sarcasm you posted, sorry. It was a misunderstanding after all.
Peachrocks wrote:Considering the general amnesia certain developers want to have regarding this period and gloss over the horrors the US and others committed during this period. Yeah no. Also no chance they’d allow slaves to work with guns.

Now the line of sight and extra population space on mills and ‘estates’ on the other hand...
Yikes.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon

Post by Plantinator »

Yeah i see now haha
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

gibson wrote:Has anyone been able to stop the fatts Russell build with any civ?!? @bwinner @edwardteatx @analworsher9
What's that?

Beati pauperes spiritu.