Kynesie Tourney Ban

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America DamagedBananaBread
Crossbow
ESO: KingWillIV

Kynesie Tourney Ban

Post by DamagedBananaBread »

Hey so I joined this community after the NWC (I have been playing for longer than that, but wasn't involved with everyone) so it was after Kynesie was banned. I realize what he did was completely against the rules, and I agree than an indefinite ban should have been handed out. However, the word used was *indefinite*, not permanent, so it has the implication that it might be removed at some point. Kynesie is currently #3 on the ladder, and he has quite the fan base in terms of viewership. I for one would really like to see him back, so I wrote this up to find out the possibility of that happening. He has served his two years, and of course if it happened again it'd be a permanent ban. Two years of no tournaments is adequate, in my opinion.

P.S. I did notice him participate in a more minor tournament, but no major ones. Maybe this whole thing was a waste of time. Was the ban lifted, or can he still do minor things? Thanks!
RefluxSemantic wrote:If your not willing to pay a normal price for a game, are you really a gamer or just someone that likes to complain about things?
you're*
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Re: Kynesie Tourney Ban

Post by InsectPoison »

What in the world did Kynesie do to get banned for 2 years :lol:
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

played on someone elses account during online qualifiers for the only LAN in 10 years. class act.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Kynesie's ban was lifted late last year, and he has already participated in ESOC events since the release of DE.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Kynesie's tournament ban expired some time in November of 2020, 18 months after the date of incident. He is eligible to participate in ESOC-hosted events and has been for some time.

The infraction that led to the ban was quite a severe one.  In the general world of e-sports, an 18-month ban for this type of infraction is considered lenient.  ESOC holds the integrity of our events to a high standard, so should an incident like this one occur again in the future it will be a situation taken very seriously.
United States of America 007Salt
Dragoon

Post by 007Salt »

That's a long ban =/ like his unique gameplay of Kynesie
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Cometk wrote:Kynesie's tournament ban expired some time in November of 2020, 18 months after the date of incident. He is eligible to participate in ESOC-hosted events and has been for some time.

The infraction that led to the ban was quite a severe one.  In the general world of e-sports, an 18-month ban for this type of infraction is considered lenient.  ESOC holds the integrity of our events to a high standard, so should an incident like this one occur again in the future it will be a situation taken very seriously.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-S ... ng_scandal