Is this a hack on DE?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag kazama
Musketeer

Is this a hack on DE?

Post by kazama »

So the two Spanish players in this game repeatedly send infinite 300 res cards which instead adds around 700 instant resources to their bank.
If I hover over to the 3 settlers card in their deck, I see that it instantaneously adds 200 food, 100 wood, 100 coin to their bank. Observed a similar thing for the infinite 300 res cards as well
Screenshot (8).png
Is this a hack or am I missing something here?

In the rec you can see that both of them repeatedly sent infinite 300 res cards which in fact adds 700 res to their bank.
Attachments
[SP] h[SP] & EagleFootMan[SP] vs benjaminhochard[JP] & kazama[RU] - Kamchatka.age3yrec
(3.71 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
Kamchatka
Kamchatka
Rules: Supremacy (2v2)
Version: Definitive Edition 12.24632
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Re: Is this a hack on DE?

Post by vividlyplain »

kazama wrote:So the two Spanish players in this game repeatedly send infinite 300 res cards which instead adds around 700 instant resources to their bank.
If I hover over to the 3 settlers card in their deck, I see that it instantaneously adds 200 food, 100 wood, 100 coin to their bank. Observed a similar thing for the infinite 300 res cards as well
Screenshot (8).png

In the rec you can see that both of them repeatedly sent infinite 300 res cards which in fact adds 700 res to their bank.
not a hack, just some brooken nonsense people have been lamming
Pakistan comradecommissar
Dragoon
ESO: ComradeCommissar

Post by comradecommissar »

kazama wrote:So the two Spanish players in this game repeatedly send infinite 300 res cards which instead adds around 700 instant resources to their bank.
Screenshot (8).png

This is just the logistician age up. It sucks.
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

yeah it's a hack
No Flag kazama
Musketeer

Post by kazama »

comradecommissar wrote:
Screenshot (8).png

This is just the logistician age up. It sucks.
Ah.. thanks for clarifying. Yeah it sucks.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Could the USA Fatts Russell build beat Spain logistician? @bwinner @Diarouga @edwardteatx
Zimbabwe 88_Baron_Rojo_88
Skirmisher

Post by 88_Baron_Rojo_88 »

easy to stop, raid his base constantly whit a few huss and they do nothing like all rush, It is practically the same as always, only now people use it because it is more comfortable not to have two villagers always close to collect the crates, so it makes me laugh that now it sucks but before that it is almost the same no
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

Post by Plantinator »

88_Baron_Rojo_88 wrote:easy to stop, raid his base constantly whit a few huss and they do nothing like all rush, It is practically the same as always, only now people use it because it is more comfortable not to have two villagers always close to collect the crates, so it makes me laugh that now it sucks but before that it is almost the same no
Just dont listen to that douche he will never admit a part of spain civ is op.
Skirmisher

Plantinator wrote:
88_Baron_Rojo_88 wrote:easy to stop, raid his base constantly whit a few huss and they do nothing like all rush, It is practically the same as always, only now people use it because it is more comfortable not to have two villagers always close to collect the crates, so it makes me laugh that now it sucks but before that it is almost the same no
However, there is no doubt that you are badly educated, disrespecting. Thank you for your null contribution
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon

Post by Plantinator »

88_Baron_Rojo_88 wrote:
Plantinator wrote:
However, there is no doubt that you are badly educated, disrespecting. Thank you for your null contribution
Well you were mad when ppl played sweden when it was op but now when its spain its all fine. What a fucking Baby lol. Now go cry in joven discord.
Skirmisher

Plantinator wrote:
88_Baron_Rojo_88 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Well you were mad when ppl played sweden when it was op but now when its spain its all fine. What a fucking Baby lol. Now go cry in joven discord.

If instead of spitting hate you knew how to read, I'm telling you that like any rush lammer that has appeared before, people are already learning to stop it, to learn its weak points. I did not say that Spain is not strong now because it would be to lie

hahaha please you are going to compare me how sweden was when they launched the DE whit this change to logistician, in addition to that not being the subject that is being treated, your strategy of changing the subject attacking personally, with something obvious that everyone agreed, mad? everyone was mad with sweden haha (except Sweden players). It is a small child strategy so I am not going to continue answering someone of such intellectual capacity. excuse me
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon

Post by Plantinator »

Well now everyone is mad at ppl laming logi spain becuz it feels like a cheat code. Like that stuff wouldnt be problem with every other civ but with how fast spain gets their shipments it is. U substain a spam from 2 buildings early on and it just doesnt stop. In the Back u just casually take stagecoach if u want. So i agree its not like sweden its like sweden (Minus lc) 2 or 3 minutes earlier in the game lmao
Skirmisher

Plantinator wrote:Well now everyone is mad at ppl laming logi spain becuz it feels like a cheat code. Like that stuff wouldnt be problem with every other civ but with how fast spain gets their shipments it is. U substain a spam from 2 buildings early on and it just doesnt stop. In the Back u just casually take stagecoach if u want. So i agree its not like sweden its like sweden (Minus lc) 2 or 3 minutes earlier in the game lmao
Well initially, a comparison with such different timings of 2 different civs is not possible, but speaking of what is OP of each one, once you need a ton of xp for a shipment or the game to go to age 3, you can no longer win, or if the enemy it focuses on denying you that XP gain (raids not to be able to collect resources, not to be able to recruit and fight correctly, which is what double-barracks spam allows you more than the trade route itself) is very hard to stop i know ( i won 2 days ago vs Rohbrot whit this and i know i am not enable to win in regular strategies vs him ) but i lose too against good players who knows how to stop logistician and it does not work against all civs. It is a kind of "all in" an "all in" sustained over time, which is what is very strong, but calm, at most it will last a week of existence, they will nerf it for sure I do not know what you worry or Why do you have to insult me ​​or my clan . Saludos
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lol I wanna see a decent level game where this strat works. I'm gonna be a cunt by saying this, but honestly there's basically no one good playing the game atm, so the general opinion of what's good and what's not is just irrelevant.
One can argue it's stupid that the resources add directly to your inventory, sure. But I won't buy that this strat is decent, let alone OP.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Skirmisher

It is not to be a cunt at all, as a top player your opinion is here the most valid and you do not even think it is strong ... is that it is the same only now as Hazza said instead of having 2 villagers collecting the resources crates they enter instantly, the difference is not so great that now people are saying that the logistician goes from not being used to being OP: D
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Tldr being Kaiser in camp baron bashing plantinator or did I misread?
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

I dont think logistician is that OP, it's just a thing that has finally made age 2 spain somewhat viable. it's only 700 resources, so its equivalent to an age 2 shipment except its a little tricker to macro for since its split between resources, but it does come in faster. you still are stuck playing spain in age 2, with no unit upgrades except cav and rods.

personally i think its good for the game if every civ has at least a viable age 2 strat + a viable age 3 strat
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Logistician definetely not op
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Having infinite 700 res arrive in 20 seconds and be directly deposited is obviously at least decent.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

at the very least is very poor design
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

It's decent-to-good but far from OP. You pay 600f (900f age up and no age up crates) for 100-150 more res each shipment. It takes 3-4 shipments to break even, in fact the actual utility is mostly that you get 3 resource crates back to back.
Because semi FF builds want 5v anyway not later than the 3rd card in the 2nd age, can't even take full advantage of the logistician in those kind of strats.
Image Image Image
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon

Post by Plantinator »

Kaiserklein wrote:Lol I wanna see a decent level game where this strat works. I'm gonna be a cunt by saying this, but honestly there's basically no one good playing the game atm, so the general opinion of what's good and what's not is just irrelevant.
One can argue it's stupid that the resources add directly to your inventory, sure. But I won't buy that this strat is decent, let alone OP.
Im gonna be a cunt by saying this but why not first try it and then come to a verdict? I thought as well after reading patch notes that its still shit and then i tried it for myself.
Even if its not op at top 100 or we i think that shouldnt be the only group the game is balanced for.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:Having infinite 700 res arrive in 20 seconds and be directly deposited is obviously at least decent.
You can't just argue like that while discarding all the disadvantages and costs you also get.
Hazza54321 wrote:at the very least is very poor design
Yeah I can hear that
Plantinator wrote:Im gonna be a cunt by saying this but why not first try it and then come to a verdict? I thought as well after reading patch notes that its still shit and then i tried it for myself.
Even if its not op at top 100 or we i think that shouldnt be the only group the game is balanced for.
I've seen it in action and I don't see what's special about it, besides making for a very easy macro. It just doesn't seem good and it also doesn't fit the spain builds very well. Plus the maths are enough to show it's not good, like G said.
It's not only about top 100, I don't think it should be very good at lower levels either. Also it's with that flawed logic that they nerfed aztecs for no reason
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Kaiserklein wrote:I've seen it in action and I don't see what's special about it, besides making for a very easy macro. It just doesn't seem good and it also doesn't fit the spain builds very well. Plus the maths are enough to show it's not good, like G said.
It's not only about top 100, I don't think it should be very good at lower levels either. Also it's with that flawed logic that they nerfed aztecs for no reason
It is good in lower elo though. You get a huge mass of units out and can sustain it for a while. Easy macro too. There is no better way for a beginner to spam so many units so early. Albeit a lazy and less than ideal way.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:
gibson wrote:Having infinite 700 res arrive in 20 seconds and be directly deposited is obviously at least decent.
You can't just argue like that while discarding all the disadvantages and costs you also get.
To take a page out of your book of arguments, if you can't just see that it's at the very least decent you don't understand shit