Is this a hack on DE?

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Re: Is this a hack on DE?

Post by JKProwler »

I might be in the minority here, but I sort of like the design. Gives spain an extra option.

It's an OP strat in the lower levels because if u don't expect it or dont know this build, it's quite hard to stop.

It's similar to the piro ff I guess, once u now how to stop it, it won't feel very op
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
gibson wrote:Having infinite 700 res arrive in 20 seconds and be directly deposited is obviously at least decent.
You can't just argue like that while discarding all the disadvantages and costs you also get.
To take a page out of your book of arguments, if you can't just see that it's at the very least decent you don't understand shit
You always pretend you understand the game better than everyone, even though you barely play it, let alone anywhere near a decent level. I don't think you're in a position to tell me what I understand or don't understand about this game
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes
To take a page out of your book of arguments, if you can't just see that it's at the very least decent you don't understand shit
You always pretend you understand the game better than everyone, even though you barely play it, let alone anywhere near a decent level. I don't think you're in a position to tell me what I understand or don't understand about this game
I've never acted like I understand the game overall at a high level, nice projection. But I'll say it again, if you don't understand why having 1400 res injected directly into your res bank by 4:40 is at the very least decent, you don't understand shit. But you're the guy who streams himself losing, making mistakes that any captain can identify, but instead blaming the game and whining like a little bitch. Classic external external locus of control behavior, blaming things that are outside of your control so you don't have to deal with your own deficiencies.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:I've never acted like I understand the game overall at a high level, nice projection. But I'll say it again, if you don't understand why having 1400 res injected directly into your res bank by 4:40 is at the very least decent, you don't understand shit. But you're the guy who streams himself losing, making mistakes that any captain can identify, but instead blaming the game and whining like a little bitch. Classic external external locus of control behavior.
Yes you pretty much do act like you have top level understanding of the game. It can be seen easily on these forums or on twitch, you just value your opinion more than anyone else's. Like when you're gonna say "sweden isn't a top civ in 1v1 kaiser just played trash" even though everyone agreed the civ is OP. Or hint that I don't know what I'm talking about when saying you need BR vs inca, and claim you should just go dops. Or casting players 10-15 PR higher than you and say their builds are just bad or whatever.
Or bash me whenever I call a civ OP, pretending I'm only saying that because I'm a sore loser. You can call me a whiny bitch if you want, that's justified, but you can't just pretend I don't understand shit. Or I guess you can, but if you do, the odds that you're actually the one not understanding shit are much higher.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Anyway it's always the same story. Whenever something new is introduced (or just figured out), in literally a few days, everyone somehow calls it OP or trash. That was the case when sweden got slightly nerfed and everyone called it bottom civ, while it was actually still a top civ. Same now with US being garbage. Same when inca came out, everyone called it trash, while in fact it's never been weak. China supposedly trash as well? Ah and dutch OP now cause they get +5% coin gathering.
The same happened on EP, there are so many examples lol. Remember when everyone decided unction was OP, or otto tower FF unbeatable. Then after a few weeks, they all forget about it somehow. It's just due to a vast majority of people not having any fucking idea what they're talking about, and just following the trend. Only need a couple streamed games or youtube videos to start that trend. It's exactly the same thing with the spanish logistician now
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

How is getting 1400 directly in bank instead of having to collect it simply not better? You don't need to be pr50 to understand that.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

No you don't need to be PR 50 to understand that, on the other hand you do need to use your brain to understand there are a ton of factors besides just "getting the resources instantly in bank"
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

I faced a guy yesterday in 1200 elo doing this start and after he failed to push me he just said "Classic France" Yea classic France while you are abusing whatever you see on youtube lmao.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

I don't even think its necessarily easy to macro with this build. I've tried it and even with most/all my vills on hunts with steel traps, I think you start to end up running out of food + a surplus of gold if you are trying to spam musk/huss in age 2 and you keep sending 300c over and over. It might work better if you send 2v or 300f ever 3rd shipment or so, but i haven't figured it out yet
Zimbabwe 88_Baron_Rojo_88
Skirmisher

Post by 88_Baron_Rojo_88 »

Squamiger wrote:I don't even think its necessarily easy to macro with this build. I've tried it and even with most/all my vills on hunts with steel traps, I think you start to end up running out of food + a surplus of gold if you are trying to spam musk/huss in age 2 and you keep sending 300c over and over. It might work better if you send 2v or 300f ever 3rd shipment or so, but i haven't figured it out yet
Try sending the first two shipments of 300w and from there 300f all the time, the villagers distributed as 70% food and 30% coin or 60% 40%, this you will see while you play and you can spam for a long period of time but you're gonna be condemned to play and win at age 2. You can even huss/musk instead of double musk which is quite predictable and easier to stop.
Great Britain CR_Joops
Skirmisher
ESO: CR_Joops

Post by CR_Joops »

Kaiserklein wrote:It's just due to a vast majority of people not having any fucking idea what they're talking about, and just following the trend.
Sheeeit did you just transcend AoE into real life
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

lets assume you play normal spain and have spanish gold in and you ship 1k wood. but if you ship it forward to your outpost and your opponent steals it. this is a 2800 res swing so -2800
now imagine you have logistician and you ship 300 gold, you get 1100 straight into your bank. this means on average a logistician shipment is worth 3900 res, and you're saying it's not broken? lmao
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Idk saying that its worth X resources if you make a mistake is kinda of too specific, its the potential maximum value but I dont think its the average value
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Its more about the tempo advantage you get from instantly having res in bank. Like imagine if you could ship 700g as spain to ff and its instantly in your bank, could click up so much earlier
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Ye but you can't click earlier with the logistician.
Image Image Image
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Garja wrote:Ye but you can't click earlier with the logistician.
He means after you are age 2 and send age 1 shipments, the res you get instantly you can use to queue units immediately and you don't lose any vill seconds gathering them.
Not clicking the age up to II, I think that is what you meant.
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

Anyone who doesn't understand an average logistician shipment is worth 3900 res even after I explained it is just dumb as a rock
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

don_artie wrote:lets assume you play normal spain and have spanish gold in and you ship 1k wood. but if you ship it forward to your outpost and your opponent steals it. this is a 2800 res swing so -2800
now imagine you have logistician and you ship 300 gold, you get 1100 straight into your bank. this means on average a logistician shipment is worth 3900 res, and you're saying it's not broken? lmao
That's an interesting interpretation of "average", one I'm not sure the mathematical community endorses.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

The main advantage of the logistician politicien is that you don't lose 5 food if you don't split your villagers on crates.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

don_artie wrote:lets assume you play normal spain and have spanish gold in and you ship 1k wood. but if you ship it forward to your outpost and your opponent steals it. this is a 2800 res swing so -2800
This top tier explanation is far too advanced for the average smooth-brained ape reading on this forum.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.